Malazan Empire: New Dark Night Trailer - Malazan Empire

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

New Dark Night Trailer

#21 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 08 May 2008 - 11:48 PM

Yeah, according to Nolan HarveyDent/ TwoFace is the main bit about this film. The Joker is there as a catalyst for the whole thing with Harvey's downfall. There's 3 interesting things to watch for in this trailer that, if you blink, you'll miss them.

They are all right near the end.

1. Someone is holding Harvey's face down while they pour gasoline on the floor from a barrel.
2. There is a split second shot of Harvey in the back of a limo holding a gun up, and you can see the nasty edges of the burn marks that must have ravaged the other side of his face.
3. Harvey narration that says "You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain"

All very telling.

Oh, and this trailer sells Heath's portrayal to me hook, line and sinker. He's absolutely PERFECT in the role. He IS the Joker that I remember reading in the comics. Screw Jack Nicholson's poor portrayal. I hate the Burton Batman films for pissing all over my comic reading youth.
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#22 User is offline   Yellow 

• Sick and Tired
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 09 May 2008 - 08:06 AM

Well. Fucking. Said.

Nicholson was a circus sideshow. Hedger will be the way the role is remembered. And the Dent thing looks like it will be handled properly. I can't wait for this film. Or the sequel.
Don't fuck with the Culture.

#23 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 09 May 2008 - 08:26 AM

I'll agree that the clips we've seen of Heath ledger as the Joker certainly trumps Jack Nicholsens Joker, but lets not get ahead of ourselves.

When the old batman film came out it was an amazing film and Nicholsen made that movie rock. I still enjoy watching him in that role, the guy's a legend.

#24 User is offline   Zanth13 

• We are not the same
  • Group: Kings of Drink

Posted 09 May 2008 - 09:22 AM

Aptorian;303862 said:

I'll agree that the clips we've seen of Heath ledger as the Joker certainly trumps Jack Nicholsens Joker, but lets not get ahead of ourselves.

When the old batman film came out it was an amazing film and Nicholsen made that movie rock. I still enjoy watching him in that role, the guy's a legend.

agreed...

whats with all the Jacky hate...

the man played Joker to a T.

Before he died it nothing but talk about could Heath live up to Jack N. what happened.

oh and I hate everyone right now who is living in a country with movie theaters...really I do... I hope the projector catches fire while all of you are trying to watch a movie and they dont refund you. :p

Watching movies is my favorite past time... and it it pisses me off that I cant really enjoy it...

yea yea I know... bitch bitch bitch, whine whine whine, moan moan moan...
and its not even really summer yet.. just wait. :D
You can't find me because I'm lost in the music

#25 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 09 May 2008 - 11:06 AM

Aptorian;303862 said:

The first 4 Batman films (including the first two Burton ones and the atrocious two Shumacher ones) are an abomination on comics. Anyone who read Batman in the comics as a youth can tell you that. They took everything Batman was and made it all suck. I admit that it was a half-decent film (as far as a standalone action film goes).....sure....but it was NOT the Batman of my comics. Don't even get me started on the giant, shiny black, phallic, penis-mobile...LOL.
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#26 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 09 May 2008 - 11:22 AM

Really, I don't know if they allready began the rewamp before the first batman film, but the only batman I knew before Michael Burtons film, was the grey and blue batman. The silly cartoon character who went wallclimbing with Robin and generally looked like a gay nancy boy.

The batman we saw played by Michael Keaton, allthough played with a certain humor, was still a much darker batman. He actually killed people, speared them with ninjastars, blew up things all around and generally didn't seem very nice.

#27 User is offline   drinksinbars 

• Soletaken
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 09 May 2008 - 02:44 PM

Yellow;301900 said:

Did Reservoir Dogs have a love interest? No. Did Superman Returns have a love interest? Yes. I rest my case.

harvey keitel and tim roth?? no? :D

#28 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

• Faith, Heavy Metal & Bacon
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 09 May 2008 - 03:29 PM

Anyone ever see the very first batman film from the 60s? Flipping hilarious stuff. :D KAPOW!
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#29 User is offline   Coco with marshmallows 

• DIIIIIIIIIIVVVEEEEE
  • Group: LHTEC

Posted 09 May 2008 - 06:11 PM

Tiste Simeon;304218 said:

Anyone ever see the very first batman film from the 60s? Flipping hilarious stuff. :D KAPOW!

yeah, thats the one based on the TV series.

Has the legendarily infamous utility belt that includes "bat shark repellent"

lord:rolleyes:
meh. Link was dead :(

#30 User is offline   Slum 

• House Knight
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 09 May 2008 - 06:19 PM

^^ Yeah, that's the one with Adam West, recently of Family Guy infamy. Hilariously cheesy.

#31 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 09 May 2008 - 09:44 PM

Aptorian;304034 said:

Really, I don't know if they allready began the rewamp before the first batman film, but the only batman I knew before Michael Burtons film, was the grey and blue batman. The silly cartoon character who went wallclimbing with Robin and generally looked like a gay nancy boy.

The batman we saw played by Michael Keaton, allthough played with a certain humor, was still a much darker batman. He actually killed people, speared them with ninjastars, blew up things all around and generally didn't seem very nice.

Actually, the original Batman (created by Bob Kane in 1939) was a philanthropist playboy with a dark edge to him when he became Batman, angered at crime and witnessing his parents death as a child.

The Batman from MY comics youth are the Batman: Year One, and Dark Knight Returns, and Batman: The Long Halloween. All of which portray the caped crusader as a brooding guy who donned a dark suit to strike fear. These are not the stories of shiny glossy comics, but gritty, urban stuff cast in shadows. In the DKR story, the first Robin has died at the hands of the Joker, and Batman is ten years gone from retiring the post as a crimefighter. At any rate, it's a dark batman the likes of which we see in Nolan's films.

Oh, and it should be noted that Batman in the comics has never killed anyone (he would see that as a slight against what happened to his parents...and so one of his main things is never killing anyone), and though my memory of the first Burton film is slippery at best, If his Batman DID kill anyone in that on purpose, it's just another reason why the Burton Batman films are crap.

Oh, and here's a little line about what Kevin Smith thinks about Burtons Batman:

"Burton slams Smith's claims ("Anyone who knows me knows that I would never read a comic book."). Kevin quipped about this comment, "Which, to me, explains Batman""

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users