• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Discount, and Such

#1 User is offline   Aztiel 

• Lieutenant
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 22 April 2008 - 11:28 PM

Hey everyone. Pat's Hotlist has links up to some pretty serious discounts on the hardcover editions of Toll the Hounds.

Besides this friendly announcement, which I'm about 90% sure that most of you have seen already, I am wondering about the publishing date...

It's got Sept 23 on Amazon USA and CAN, but it looks like it lists July 1 on the UK page. I'm suspicious about all of those dates, but at least people could jump on the pre-order discount.

#2 User is offline   mostly.harmless 

• Corporal

Posted 23 April 2008 - 03:35 AM

Thanks for the heads up.
I think i check daily on amazon.co.uk if the publication date changes or becomes confirmed. No strike that, i know, because i do that.
Everyday.
Which is also my biggest annoyance with this whole 'waiting' thing. I can deal with the waiting because, well i have to. But not knowing when the next book is gonna be released increases the torment about 10-fold. Because you dont know till when you are waiting, there is no fixed count-down.
I also know this is common conduct, it depends on the writer, editor, other books being released, blabla, but i still vote for a universal correct publication date that has to be enforced/made happen. For example, when they actually can say with certainty when the book will be printed and ready for us to eat, i mean read.
Ofcourse, this has been said a million times and i am complaining into thin air, but since i desperately need a malazan fix as bad as Abyss needs Brainz, i am gonna post this anyway.

Oh and while im at it, i'd like to mention my discontent with the disavailability (my word, dont touch it) of English Fiction such as the MBotF, or any decent English book for that matter in Mexico. Ordering from amazon.co.uk is unfriendly towards my dad's credit card.
Do i get credit for trying to save him money? :(

#3 User is offline   Optimus Prime 

• Daylight Oblivion
  • Interests:Ranting and Raving. Being the biggest Liberal on this forum. Arguing with Cold Iron (and winning). Writing (struggling right now), reading, Georgia Bulldog FOOTBALL!<br /><br />And the lades, of course, always the ladies ;)

Posted 23 April 2008 - 03:44 AM

Most members here will tell you to never trust Amazon as far as release dates go......regardless of the dates I'll be ordering the UK version even though I live in the US. Like the covers more and usually it comes out earlier...worth the money to me.

#4 User is offline   mostly.harmless 

• Corporal

Posted 23 April 2008 - 03:54 AM

I agree, its just that sending to mexico is rather expensive, but alas the only way to receive the books as soon as possible. And even tho i always tell myself i should wait because spending that much on 2 books (TtH and RotCG will cost me 56€) is too much i just pre-ordered them anyway ^^
As i knew i would. But it was fun pretending that i'd wait to visit the UK or something.

#5 User is offline   Optimus Prime 

• Daylight Oblivion
  • Interests:Ranting and Raving. Being the biggest Liberal on this forum. Arguing with Cold Iron (and winning). Writing (struggling right now), reading, Georgia Bulldog FOOTBALL!<br /><br />And the lades, of course, always the ladies ;)

Posted 23 April 2008 - 04:25 AM

Good points.

I just put a little aside every now and then for each new Malaz book. Has worked out so far :(

#6 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 23 April 2008 - 04:43 AM

I preordered both Toll the Hounds and Return of the Crimson Guard through Amazan yesterday. It made my heart flutter.

Amazons preorder gurantee promises that I'll recieve the cheapest offer even if the prices change before they are published. DOn't know if I trust them on that though.

#7 User is offline   vaiski 

• High Fist

Posted 23 April 2008 - 04:58 AM

Aptorian;293628 said:

Amazons preorder gurantee promises that I'll recieve the cheapest offer even if the prices change before they are published. DOn't know if I trust them on that though.

Working for me at least - I placed my order a while ago and looking at it now it's gotten £1.5 cheaper.

#8 User is offline   Thelomen Toblerone 

• Ascendant
  • Group: Team Handsome

Posted 23 April 2008 - 09:41 AM

I've got them both in my basket, just debating whether or not to click order. Should I order them both together, or wait for the RotCG paperback and just order TtH now? Hmm, decisions.

#9 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 23 April 2008 - 09:44 AM

You know you can't wait. I couldn't.

#10 User is offline   Zanth13 

• We are not the same
  • Group: Kings of Drink

Posted 23 April 2008 - 10:33 AM

Aptorian;293694 said:

You know you can't wait. I couldn't.

Im suprised you waited this long..

I ordered both of mine ages ago...
You can't find me because I'm lost in the music

#11 User is offline   Dancer+ 

• A Driven Individual

Posted 23 April 2008 - 10:57 AM

It's strange how many of the big hitters are not getting the RotCG expensive version. I mean as far as I know; Apt, Brood, Abyss and Illy are at least not getting it. I'm not sure about Folken, Tiste Simeon, TT etc.

#12 User is offline   Zanth13 

• We are not the same

Posted 23 April 2008 - 11:00 AM

Dancer;293725 said:

It's strange how many of the big hitters are not getting the RotCG expensive version. I mean as far as I know; Apt, Brood, Abyss and Illy are at least not getting it. I'm not sure about Folken, Tiste Simeon, TT etc.

I am not one of the "big hitters" ? :confused: :o

:)

#13 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 23 April 2008 - 11:09 AM

Dancer;293725 said:

I don't have a grown-ups income. I'm just a student with a heavy drinking habit...

#14 User is offline   Dancer+ 

• A Driven Individual

Posted 23 April 2008 - 11:41 AM

I know, it's ashame in a sense. Most of us are students apart from Folken and Abyss. It's tough being a student, especially if, like you, you spend your money on drink.

Zanth, of course you're a big hitter. You come under etc. :o (and Flawed goes without saying obviously)

#15 User is offline   Zanth13 

• We are not the same

Posted 23 April 2008 - 11:52 AM

I'm a qausi student... I take classes online (for free muhahaha)... but having a full time job that provides a decent amount of money is nice...lets me buy pretty much anything I want, at any time... (only the small wants though :cool: )

its one of the things that is going to be hard when I trade my M16 in for school books full time next year...

What do you mean I am not getting a pay check any more?? You mean I cant afford Dust of dreams!? :eek::o

#16 User is offline   Thelomen Toblerone 

• Ascendant

Posted 23 April 2008 - 12:00 PM

Same- had I the money, I would. But Im just a poor poor student. :o And living in the south is fucking expensive, unfortunately, so I dont have so much money to buy books. I was gonna, but then I figured I'd rather be able to eat. :)

Speaking of unis, what one are you at again Dancey?

#17 User is offline   Dancer+ 

• A Driven Individual

Posted 23 April 2008 - 12:49 PM

I am at Bath University (I initially left out the "at", that would have been a bold claim :)). I wonder how many of us, at bath uni, are here, probably very few. I know Mez went to Bath, and someone else like Xaspian may go here.

I assume you are at Sussex University? :o

I think I bought this when I actually had money from the summer left over, it was either that or "birthday" money.

#18 User is offline   caladanbrood 

• Ugly on the Inside
  • Group: Team Quick Ben

Posted 23 April 2008 - 02:33 PM

Dancer;293725 said:

The damn £150 lettered GotM cleaned me out :o
O xein', angellein Lakedaimoniois hoti têde; keimetha tois keinon rhémasi peithomenoi.

#19 User is offline   Obdigore 

• ThunderBear
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 23 April 2008 - 02:48 PM

I think the July1 Release in UK is right, since as was pointed out to me, thats when Erikson begins a tour over there.

Anyway, If I'm not a big hitter, I must be the sexiest hitter out there. amirite? No? well damn.
Monster Hunter World Iceborne: It's like hunting monsters, but on crack, but the monsters are also on crack.

#20 User is offline   Zanth13 

• We are not the same

Posted 23 April 2008 - 03:05 PM

caladanbrood;293845 said:

The damn £150 lettered GotM cleaned me out :o

Thats were you messed up...

Its all about the future..

you cant live in the pass... Im all about buying books I havent read.

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users