Malazan Empire: Best Sci Fi/Fantasy/Comic Show ever - Malazan Empire

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Best Sci Fi/Fantasy/Comic Show ever

Poll: Best Sci Fi/Fantasy/Comic Show ever (34 member(s) have cast votes)

1. Smallville (1 votes [2.94%])

Percentage of vote: 2.94%

2. Stargate: SG1 (8 votes [23.53%])

Percentage of vote: 23.53%

3. Stargate: Alantis (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

4. Firefly (9 votes [26.47%])

Percentage of vote: 26.47%

5. Doctor Who (6 votes [17.65%])

Percentage of vote: 17.65%

6. Charmed (0 votes [0.00%])

7. Battlestar (7 votes [20.59%])

Percentage of vote: 20.59%

8. Supernatural (3 votes [8.82%])

Percentage of vote: 8.82%

9. Beastmaster (0 votes [0.00%])

Vote Guests cannot vote

#41 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 04 May 2008 - 05:59 AM

I've been watching the last five seasons of SG-1 the last month. If I could I would change my vote to stargate now. This series is AWESOME. Much, much more story development in these seasons.

#42 User is offline   Thelomen Toblerone 

• Ascendant
  • Group: Team Handsome

Posted 04 May 2008 - 10:34 AM

WHY DO YOU MAKE ME CHOOSE BETWEEN SG1 AND ATLANTIS?!?!?!

You heartless git. :p

Had to go with SG1 as it's provided me with sheer joy for year after year, even if it did go a bit downhill without O'Neill.

Atlantis is quality, but after only 4 seasons it's a little more difficult to pluck for that, and it only happened because of SG1, so...

Dr Who comes 3rd, but Ive only got into it recently, so I dont really know it so well. I've never even seen an episode with a cyberman (if someone wants to link me?:D)

#43 User is offline   Elan Morin Tedronai 

• Captain
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 04 May 2008 - 10:56 AM

You guys make me want to rewatch the entire SG-1 thing again... just did that last year.

#44 User is offline   Sir Thursday 

• House Knight
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 04 May 2008 - 01:35 PM

Aptorian;299990 said:

I've been watching the last five seasons of SG-1 the last month. If I could I would change my vote to stargate now. This series is AWESOME. Much, much more story development in these seasons.

I agree, mostly - I actually thought Seasons 9 and 10 were very good...better even, than some of the earlier ones, simply because the Ori are so much more menacing than the Goa'uld would ever be, even Anubis. They felt a little like a spinoff what with no O'Neill or Hammond, but the banter between Vala and Danjax (my nickname for him :D) carried the first few episodes while we got used to the personnel changes. I never warmed to Landry in the same way that I did to Hammond, but Mitchell grew on me over time. Plus there was the 200th episode (which had me laughing out loud for most of it) in there, along with several other of my favourites, like Bad Guys and Babylon (Last Samurai type rip off = awesome :p).

Didn't like Season 6 so much due to lack of Danjax, but Season 7 was awesome (they really hit the jackpot with the second part of the Heroes double parter) and I really liked O'Neill as base commander in Season 8. (You can tell I've watched them all recently :p)

Sir Thursday
Don't look now, but I think there's something weird attached to the bottom of my posts.

#45 User is offline   Elan Morin Tedronai 

• Captain

Posted 04 May 2008 - 01:48 PM

I agree with Sir Thursday here, I loved the Ori as badguys. They actually felt like powerhouses capable of doing severe damage, where from the Goa'ulds only Anubis kinda got close to that. Plus all the cute little references to biblical stuff (like why we link hell with fire) just makes it very cool imo.

I did miss O'Neill though aye, but I also think they managed his 'loss' very well and actually put out a wonderful last couple of seasons.

#46 User is offline   Thelomen Toblerone 

• Ascendant
  • Group: Team Handsome

Posted 04 May 2008 - 01:51 PM

I just loved O'Neill so much, couple with the fact that Atlantis came out and Sheppard in the O'Neill role in that was SO awesome, I just never really warmed to Mitchell so much.

ont get me wrong, I still liked him, but he never felt the same- the fact I was also watching Sheppard in Atlantis at the same time who was better at it than him, coupled with the fact he was trying to take over O'Neills actual role, was too much.

#47 User is offline   Elan Morin Tedronai 

• Captain

Posted 04 May 2008 - 02:20 PM

I actually didn't start Atlantis until after my complete review of SG-1 last year, so I didn't have that problem myself :D Sheppard is leagues better than Mitchell though aye, but even with Mitchell the Ori/ascendancy storyline and the Vala/Daniel stuff made the last two seasons very good.

Still, O'Neill just stays the best, one of the main reasons why I love the series so much is him :p

Magnets! :p

#48 User is offline   Sir Thursday 

• House Knight
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 04 May 2008 - 02:47 PM

I've spent too much time watching SG-1 in the last month to start watching Atlantis now - I have exams to revise for :D. Looking forward to it when I get round to it though.

Oh, one of the other things I liked the last few seasons for was that they started to give Walter a personality - he was awesome :p. Oh, and I liked the bumbling Dr. Lee as well. However, they get minus points for only having the one episode with Maybourne in (behind Urgo and Teal'c he was my favourite character ever to appear in the series).

Sir Thursday
Don't look now, but I think there's something weird attached to the bottom of my posts.

Share this topic:

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users