Malazan Empire: QB's Soletaken Form Revisited - Malazan Empire

• 4 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

QB's Soletaken Form Revisited

Poll: QB's Soletaken Form Revisited (94 member(s) have cast votes)

1. Wyval/Enk'karal (9 votes [9.47%])

Percentage of vote: 9.47%

2. Eleint (13 votes [13.68%])

Percentage of vote: 13.68%

3. Other Humanoid(s) (13 votes [13.68%])

Percentage of vote: 13.68%

4. Demon (7 votes [7.37%])

Percentage of vote: 7.37%

5. Wolf (29 votes [30.53%])

Percentage of vote: 30.53%

6. Mule (9 votes [9.47%])

Percentage of vote: 9.47%

7. Jackal (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

8. Hyaena (1 votes [1.05%])

Percentage of vote: 1.05%

9. Weasel (4 votes [4.21%])

Percentage of vote: 4.21%

10. Other (please post) (10 votes [10.53%])

Percentage of vote: 10.53%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#41 User is offline   KarsaPast 

• Corporal
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 05 June 2008 - 08:51 PM

Titmouse.
Definitley.

#42 User is offline   Bauchelain the Evil 

• Greatest necromancer ever
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Not much

Posted 06 June 2008 - 09:07 AM

Dokter;315846 said:

. And before the conjoining he was apparently only a modestly powerful fellow. So unless, in his soletaken form he can still access all the talents of his absorbed fellow mages, he'd really not be too impressive.

You know what if Kalam was lying aout Delat being not very powerful? I mean to me it seemed that QB was a Hig Priest before getting 12 souls so he couldn't be a sloucher. OF course I can be wrong
Adept of Team Quick Ben

I greet you as guests and so will not crush the life from you and devour your soul with peals of laughter. No, instead, I will make tea-Gothos

#43 User is offline   Silencer 

• Manipulating Special Data
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Malazan Book of the Fallen series.
    Computer Game Design.
    Programming.

Posted 06 June 2008 - 10:09 AM

Meh, timelines again......
It's quite possible that Kalam (Whiskeyjack?) was just covering for QB. It would fit his nature to pretend to be weak, do the whole infiltration thing......

Shinrei said:

<Vote Silencer> For not garnering any heat or any love for that matter. And I'm being serious here, it's like a mental block that is there, and you just keep forgetting it.

#44 User is offline   Ammanas 

• UberSchemer

Posted 09 June 2008 - 12:27 AM

Silencer;323954 said:

Meh, timelines again......
It's quite possible that Kalam (Whiskeyjack?) was just covering for QB. It would fit his nature to pretend to be weak, do the whole infiltration thing......

I'm confused as to why if QB has 12 souls within him, he says "Open the seven within me" or "Unleash the seven" I remember him telling Bauchelain he had six or seven bound warrens--is that just warren overlap among the souls?

#45 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 09 June 2008 - 04:46 AM

It's a GotMism. He's yells "Unleash the seven within me" and it has to be a mistake. At the time Erikson probably hadn't developed the Raraku chase scene yet.

He's got twelve souls inside him and he's able to use all the warrens. He uses first 6-7 on KB and then when Bauchelin thinks he's spent, he uses the other 6-7 warrens on him.

#46 User is offline   Thelomen Toblerone 

• Ascendant
  • Group: Team Handsome

Posted 09 June 2008 - 02:31 PM

There's also the possibility it's to do with his ability to channel power.

After the Iccy duel, Quick mentions how much more power he's able to command, and we know from many other instances int he series that chanelling more power than you can deal with destroys your body.

Perhaps until that point, QB could only channel say 7 at a time, whereas now he can channel all 12?

Just a thought.

#47 User is offline   Leadslinger 

• Love the Malazan series!
  • Interests:Steeler Football, Tropical Fish(cichlids and catfish mostly), dogs in general, and target shooting.

Posted 10 April 2009 - 11:43 PM

Maybe some warrens don't work that well together.......water and earth make mud you know. :D
Looking for books that hold a candle to the Malazan series or the Shanara series. PM me if you can recommend one. :)

#48 User is offline   Stradivarius 

• Marine

Posted 10 April 2009 - 11:48 PM

A sheep. Deffinatly a Sheep! A bad ass mo fo of one of course! capable on eating people in one bight! or only standing on your foot when it knows you have a bad foot...................................................
Whole bag of orios! crappin all over the carpet! twelve ribs my ass!!!

#49 User is offline   Zanth13 

• We are not the same
  • Group: Kings of Drink

Posted 11 April 2009 - 02:08 AM

wow, Havent seen this baby in a while, nice to see this still thread exist, i made some semi smart post it looks like last year in it...

and of course, QB soul taken form is a Ninja Turtle, its pretty obvious,

on a serious note, I think its more likely he is a diver or at least has mutliple forms...

I for one welcome our Death Thread Ovelords.
You can't find me because I'm lost in the music

#50 User is offline   tiam 

• Ascendant
  • Group: Mott Irregulars

Posted 11 April 2009 - 02:21 PM

View PostThelomen Toblerone, on Jun 9 2008, 03:31 PM, said:

There's also the possibility it's to do with his ability to channel power.

After the Iccy duel, Quick mentions how much more power he's able to command, and we know from many other instances int he series that chanelling more power than you can deal with destroys your body.

Perhaps until that point, QB could only channel say 7 at a time, whereas now he can channel all 12?

Just a thought.

View Postblackzoid, on Apr 11 2009, 02:58 PM, said:

You kow, I reckon Paran's power will increase because the soldiers of Onearm's host are now almost worshipping him.
They know he killed Poliel and were very impressed. They also found out he fought in the Pannion war. He may acquire enough power from that worship to become a fully fledged god.
And then just like other gods, he will become chained by that worship. He needs to deny that worship pronto. Iny my opinion.

Doesnt he actually say somewhere i think to Talamandas in MOI that he has loads of warrens but can only channel 7 at a time

#51 User is offline   Soulessdreamer 

• Fist
  • Location:Hill of Bitter Memories, the City of Sails, in the Land of the Long White Cloud
  • Interests:Sword fighting, HEMA, roleplaying, reading (fantasy and sci fi), weapons and Gaming (PC and Xbox)

Posted 13 April 2009 - 03:05 PM

A tiste or maybe a D'ivers (hounds perhaps). Being a BB dosen't he count as an ascendant?

TTFN
Imagine a world without such souls.
Yes, it should have been harder to do.

#52 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 13 April 2009 - 03:19 PM

Not before he dies...

#53 User is offline   Nandaki 

• High priest of the Abyssmal Army (and the mule he rode in on)
  • Interests:Basketball<br />Football<br />AS Roma<br />Serie A

Posted 14 April 2009 - 08:41 AM

I'd say D'ivers. But instead of being many of one animal/creature, I think it'll be multiple different creatures. A D'iver form consisting of various beasts.

This post has been edited by Nandaki: 14 April 2009 - 08:41 AM

I don't need to compromise my principles, because they don't have the slightest bearing on what happens to me anyway.

#54 User is offline   HoosierDaddy 

• Believer
  • Interests:Football

Posted 14 April 2009 - 08:47 AM

View PostNandaki, on Apr 14 2009, 04:41 AM, said:

I'd say D'ivers. But instead of being many of one animal/creature, I think it'll be multiple different creatures. A D'iver form consisting of various beasts.

That'd be... new. Kind of? Ryllandaras..... New precedents would be set. Anybody else think Quick isn't wanting to let leash the old form due to the Wolves reclamation of the Beast Throne?

I picked him as a wolf, simply because he used to play himself that way. What would he really be? Who knows.
Trouble arrives when the opponents to such a system institute its extreme opposite, where individualism becomes godlike and sacrosanct, and no greater service to any other ideal (including community) is possible. In such a system rapacious greed thrives behind the guise of freedom, and the worst aspects of human nature come to the fore....

#55 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 14 April 2009 - 09:35 AM

Quick is a very subtle, very carefull sort. Veering is to lose something of youself, becomming wilder.

We see in RG that
Spoiler

I don't think Quick likes the idea of losing control. It may even be dangerous for him, maybe his control of the 12 souls would waver.

#56 User is offline   dawnkiller 

• Fist

Posted 15 April 2009 - 07:24 PM

View Posttiam, on Apr 11 2009, 09:21 AM, said:

Doesnt he actually say somewhere i think to Talamandas in MOI that he has loads of warrens but can only channel 7 at a time

Yep, MoI p.87:

Quick Ben accessed his warrens -- he could only managed seven at any one time though he possessed more. . . . He did so with reluctance -- to unveil simultaneously nearly all he possessed filled him with a delicious whisper of omnipotence. Yet he knew that sensation for the dangerous, potentially fatal illusion it was.

So it sounds like there is indeed a problem with using a lot of powers simultaneously, as was said -- although this was way back in MoI and it could be easier now...

Re: The wolf comment: I dunno how literally we can take that, since the wolves are also now the gods of war/the Beast Throne . . . but, more importantly, I think SE likes to screw with us. So.

Also, can't remember which book it was -- HoC, maybe? -- where QB dropped in on Kalam and there was the scent normally associated with sembling/veering; I think it was in the asp-infested stone forest, or somewhere around there. So cool as it would be for him to be draconean, I'm more inclined to go with something like an enkharal that can potentially be missed.

You know, assuming he's restricted to one form . . .

#57 User is offline   Thelomen Toblerone 

• Ascendant
  • Group: Team Handsome

Posted 15 April 2009 - 08:54 PM

SE told me in confidence at the BBQ that the Donkeygoth theory is actually true.

So, keep it schtum, but QB = d'ivers mules.

#58 User is offline   Korly 

• A Tiste is Forever...
  • View gallery

Posted 24 April 2009 - 01:58 PM

I voted 'Other', because even if he's not a snake he could be a sort of reptile, maybe a smaller one, less flashy than a dragon but more unobtrusive... :D
Blue Rose

#59 User is offline   Waffles 

• Recruit

Posted 29 April 2009 - 06:05 PM

D'ivers Compies (from jurassic park)...kinda like 1 foot tall KCCM

Not just a dozen though...a swarm, 10000 compies? What could you do

Compy

Imagine the final convergence of the series...

From the east comes a swarming horde of somethings, the north comes a bunch of angry gods, from the west comes tavore and friends, and from the south...compies...

#60 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 29 April 2009 - 06:31 PM

I would prefer if it was those land grabboids from Tremors 2. Those things were AWESOME.

Share this topic:

• 4 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users