Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Questions(spoilers most books)

#1 User is offline   Soulcrusher 

• Sergeant
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 23 September 2016 - 02:27 PM

Hello, I was going through some of my screenshots and thought i'd post a few questions, I have no idea how to spoiler tag other than the title post so please mods fix if nessesary.

1) Midnight Tides: Withal "Fire, hammer, anvil and quenching. I've made more swords than I can count. Just iron and sweat. They were broken blades, I think. Those black shardes. From some kind of narrow-bladed, overlong knife. Two of them, black and brittle. Just pieces, really. I wonder where he collected them from."

So I was wondering if there are any theories on where he got these blades or what they are?

2) Possibly Bonehunters: It is revealed by the queen of dreams that Hood always turned away the healers touch for Whiskeyjack. She said it could have ended an age old curse(Kallor's) and could have changed the world. Is this further proof I suppose that the gods play quite a role in ruining humanity? With Kallor out of the picture Jakaruku wouldn't have had warleader issues again(esselmont book) and many other things, not to mention the possible impacts on the Malazan Empire(regardless of Whiskeyjack saying he would leave and go with Korlat).

3) OST: In the beginning chapters it states that Moranth munitions are not flammable? Is this just an inconsistency?

4) MOI: Is Dujek's explanation of Tayschrenn's movies in GOM true? That Nightchill was closing in on Rake's sword and took out A'Karonys first and that' why he acted? He really did seem sad when Whiskeyjack died.

5) Stoneweilder: Cherghem, Do we ever really find out what he is, if he's dead from the spikes or how he knows so much?

6) OST I'm pretty sure: In Esselmont's realms, Kiska believes that Shawdow is always trying to teach her something if she could just understand the language, is this a common warren thing? From the books it does seem this is the case, especially with Shawdowthrone directing her.

7) OST: Are the Seguleh long lived? Or near ascended as may be hinted for both Seguleh and Moranth? The Second that alludes to the first seems like it was a long long time ago. It was satisfying to see how another Second wound up serving Hood.

8) GOM: Tattersail recalled that the empire has locked horns with the lord of moon's spawn once before but he had mysteriously retreated. I'm hoping to see this in Esselmont's new trilogy(of which the first book is amazing).

So I suppose I am looking for insights from you fine folk or theories, cheers ;)

#2 User is offline   Andorion 

• God
  • Interests:All things Malazan, sundry sci-fi and fantasy, history, Iron Maiden

Posted 23 September 2016 - 03:19 PM

View PostSoulcrusher, on 23 September 2016 - 02:27 PM, said:

Hello, I was going through some of my screenshots and thought i'd post a few questions, I have no idea how to spoiler tag other than the title post so please mods fix if nessesary.

1) Midnight Tides: Withal "Fire, hammer, anvil and quenching. I've made more swords than I can count. Just iron and sweat. They were broken blades, I think. Those black shardes. From some kind of narrow-bladed, overlong knife. Two of them, black and brittle. Just pieces, really. I wonder where he collected them from."

So I was wondering if there are any theories on where he got these blades or what they are?

2) Possibly Bonehunters: It is revealed by the queen of dreams that Hood always turned away the healers touch for Whiskeyjack. She said it could have ended an age old curse(Kallor's) and could have changed the world. Is this further proof I suppose that the gods play quite a role in ruining humanity? With Kallor out of the picture Jakaruku wouldn't have had warleader issues again(esselmont book) and many other things, not to mention the possible impacts on the Malazan Empire(regardless of Whiskeyjack saying he would leave and go with Korlat).

3) OST: In the beginning chapters it states that Moranth munitions are not flammable? Is this just an inconsistency?

4) MOI: Is Dujek's explanation of Tayschrenn's movies in GOM true? That Nightchill was closing in on Rake's sword and took out A'Karonys first and that' why he acted? He really did seem sad when Whiskeyjack died.

5) Stoneweilder: Cherghem, Do we ever really find out what he is, if he's dead from the spikes or how he knows so much?

6) OST I'm pretty sure: In Esselmont's realms, Kiska believes that Shawdow is always trying to teach her something if she could just understand the language, is this a common warren thing? From the books it does seem this is the case, especially with Shawdowthrone directing her.

7) OST: Are the Seguleh long lived? Or near ascended as may be hinted for both Seguleh and Moranth? The Second that alludes to the first seems like it was a long long time ago. It was satisfying to see how another Second wound up serving Hood.

8) GOM: Tattersail recalled that the empire has locked horns with the lord of moon's spawn once before but he had mysteriously retreated. I'm hoping to see this in Esselmont's new trilogy(of which the first book is amazing).

So I suppose I am looking for insights from you fine folk or theories, cheers ;)

1. MT: I think I saw a theory that they were the remnants of Silchas' original swords

2. I think this is because Whiskeyjack needed to die for the larger plan to succeed

3. Don't remember, reference?

4. I believe this is a yes

5. Don't remember

6. Maybe specific to Kiska

7. I don't think the Seguleh are too long lived, the Hood serving Seguleh is probably undead

#3 User is offline   Puck 

• Mausetöter

Posted 23 September 2016 - 05:54 PM

1. It's very heavily hinted at that the shards are what remained of Silchas Ruin's blades that were shattered during the battle in the MT prologue.
Puck was not birthed, she was cleaved from a lava flow and shaped by a fierce god's hands. - [worry]
Ninja Puck, Ninja Puck, really doesn't give a fuck..? - [King Lear]

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users