Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Some Questions

#1 User is offline   iso9001 

• Lieutenant
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 08 October 2015 - 10:16 AM

I have finished GotM and now halfway through DG. I am reading chapter summaries of the first book through wikia. In chapter 23, Cotillion says that his and Shadowthrone's plan against Laseen was flawed and they will have to start again.

My question is what was the first plan? Maybe it was too obvious to most people but I wanted to make it clear for myself.

Regards
I am the master of my fate.. I am the captain of my soul..

#2 User is offline   Gorefest 

• Witness

Posted 08 October 2015 - 11:02 AM

It is very difficult to answer this question outright as:

1) RAFO, lots of RAFO
2) Ammanas and Cots work in mysterious ways and their schemings are always layers upon layers upon layers
3) They wanted to infiltrate Dujek's Host to have a pawn on the inside to steer the Host in their preferred direction. Towards Laseen and the Empire? Perhaps. Did it work? Clearly not, as the Bridgeburners never accepted her. Whatever Shadowthrone and Cotillion are up to, they are clearly casting out lots of different lines to try and make it happen. Some of these will catch a fish and some of these will not prove sufficiently baited or simply snap. Right before the possession, it is even said that Cotillion wasn't even sure if it was a good idea until Ammanas revealed Cotillion's name to the girl.

This post has been edited by Gorefest: 08 October 2015 - 11:03 AM

Yesterday, upon the stair, I saw a man who wasn't there. He wasn't there again today. Oh, how I wish he'd go away.

#3 User is offline   iso9001 

• Lieutenant

Posted 08 October 2015 - 02:22 PM

View PostGorefest, on 08 October 2015 - 11:02 AM, said:

It is very difficult to answer this question outright as:

1) RAFO, lots of RAFO
2) Ammanas and Cots work in mysterious ways and their schemings are always layers upon layers upon layers
3) They wanted to infiltrate Dujek's Host to have a pawn on the inside to steer the Host in their preferred direction. Towards Laseen and the Empire? Perhaps. Did it work? Clearly not, as the Bridgeburners never accepted her. Whatever Shadowthrone and Cotillion are up to, they are clearly casting out lots of different lines to try and make it happen. Some of these will catch a fish and some of these will not prove sufficiently baited or simply snap. Right before the possession, it is even said that Cotillion wasn't even sure if it was a good idea until Ammanas revealed Cotillion's name to the girl.

I see, thank you very much for the detailed answer. Posted Image

#4 User is offline   Gnaw 

• Recovering eating disordered addict of HHM
  • View gallery
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 08 October 2015 - 11:12 PM

View Postiso9001, on 08 October 2015 - 10:16 AM, said:

I have finished GotM and now halfway through DG. I am reading chapter summaries of the first book through wikia. In chapter 23, Cotillion says that his and Shadowthrone's plan against Laseen was flawed and they will have to start again.

My question is what was the first plan? Maybe it was too obvious to most people but I wanted to make it clear for myself.

Regards

You do realize that the Chain of Dogs was caused by the Empire's adoption of iso9001 standards in their agricultural production schedules don't you?? Which makes you evil, evil, evil!
"Between stimulus and response there is a space. In that space is our power to choose our response. In our response lies our growth and our freedom." - Viktor Frankl

#5 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 08 October 2015 - 11:59 PM

Can you please make your comedy less broad? I feel like you're just trying to please everybody with these industrial management jokes.
They came with white hands and left with red hands.

#6 User is offline   Itwęs Nom 

• Inquisitor of High House Mafia
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 09 October 2015 - 11:46 AM

View PostGnaw, on 08 October 2015 - 11:12 PM, said:

Regards

You do realize that the Chain of Dogs was caused by the Empire's adoption of iso9001 standards in their agricultural production schedules don't you?? Which makes you evil, evil, evil!

I never fully realised meaning of that name till now

lol, why do you have such a name anyway? :rolleyes:

This post has been edited by Charlie Nom: 09 October 2015 - 11:46 AM

All things fall from kings to rose petals

#7 User is offline   iso9001 

• Lieutenant

Posted 10 October 2015 - 09:05 AM

View PostCharlie Nom, on 09 October 2015 - 11:46 AM, said:

View PostGnaw, on 08 October 2015 - 11:12 PM, said:

Regards

I never fully realised meaning of that name till now

lol, why do you have such a name anyway? :)

I guess you are asking me :)

My name is Ismet and my friends call me iso in short. It is something like Bob for Robert. Therefore, I wanted to use iso9001 for my nickname. I sometimes read creative comments about my nickname here and there and I like them all :)

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users