Moron of the Day I predict no shortage of candidates

#1 User is online   Tsundoku 

• A what?
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 28 July 2015 - 12:01 PM

What a fucktard. :(

-----------------------------

http://www.news.com....t-1227460826373

Rick Perry believes gun-free zones are ‘a bad idea’, believes public should carry guns into movies
38 MINUTES AGO JULY 28, 2015 9:21PM

HERE’S the answer to America’s gun problem: more guns.
That’s the absurd notion by Rick Perry, who in an interview with CNN on Sunday described gun-free zones in the United States as “a bad idea”.
Worse, this guy is running for President.
It all stems from another cinema shooting in America last Thursday, when gunman John Russell “Rusty” Houser stood up in a Louisiana theatre and fired 20 rounds in a “slow and methodical” attack, Louisiana’s Governor Bobby Jindal described.
Two people were killed and 11 were injured during the Trainwreck screening.
It comes as a jury is deciding whether to sentence Dark Knight shooter James Holmes to death or life after he killed 12 and injured 70 in 2012 shooting at a Century movie theatre in Aurora, Colorado.
In the United States, a gun-free zone is a federal law prohibiting an unauthorised individual from possessing a firearm in areas like schools, churches and hospitals.
It was signed into law in the United States in November, 1990 by George Bush Snr.
Rick Perry talks guns, Lafayette theater shooting

Last month, Gun Owners Action League of Massachusetts executive director, Jim Wallace described them as “no-defence” zones.
But it’s not the guns that are problem, according to Rick Perry. In fact, he believes it “makes a lot of sense” for the public to bring their gun with them to the movies.
Shockingly, when CNN’s Jake Tapper asked Perry if the answer to preventing shootings was to bring more guns into the mix, he replied, “If we believe in the Second Amendment, and we believe in people’s right to protect themselves and defend themselves, and their families.”
“To tell them that they cannot carry a weapon that they are legally obliged to carry, that they have been through the training for, makes sense to me.”

In the interview, Perry agreed that most individuals who go on shooting sprees “are obviously mentally impacted” yet blamed “somebody, somewhere” who “didn’t do their job enforcing the laws”.
It’s not the guns that are the problem, according to Perry. It’s the enforcement of the rules.
“I believe that, with all my heart, that if you have the citizens who are well trained, and particularly in these places that are considered to be gun-free zones, that we can stop that type of activity, or stop it before there’s as many people that are impacted as what we saw in Lafayette.”.
God bless America.

----------------------------------

Because yeah, as we all know, a bunch of civilians firing in a darkened theatre couldn't possibly make it any worse. And this fuckwit is considered a chance for President? Holy shit, sometimes I genuinely weep for you Yanks. Then I weep for the rest of us because you are the dominant culture on the planet and we slavishly copy you.

Hey Dick, er Rick - if the enforcement of the rules is the problem, how about you vote FOR mandatory background checks? People who aren't criminals or nutjobs shouldn't have anything to fear, right? Or are you worried because under those criteria you'd have your weapons taken from you?

This post has been edited by Tsundoku: 28 July 2015 - 12:15 PM

"Fortune favors the bold, though statistics favor the cautious." - Indomitable Courteous (Icy) Fist, The Palace Job - Patrick Weekes

"Well well well ... if it ain't The Invisible C**t." - Billy Butcher, The Boys

"I have strong views about not tempting providence and, as a wise man once said, the difference between luck and a wheelbarrow is, luck doesn’t work if you push it." - Colonel Orhan, Sixteen Ways to Defend a Walled City - KJ Parker

#2 User is offline   The Unfound 

• Recruit
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 28 July 2015 - 12:20 PM

Im going to have to disagree with you. I have my license to carry and I do for both myself and my families protection. The biggest problem with the general public carrying a firearm is the training and education received before they are allowed to carry one. It is minimal at best and nonexistant at worst. I do not believe that just anyone should be able to carry a gun around when they can pull it out and hurt any number of other people. That is what the government should be focusing on. Have much longer stringent classes for those looking to protect themselves and others.
That psychotic black dwarf with an afro?

#3 User is online   Tsundoku 

• A what?

Posted 28 July 2015 - 12:23 PM

Half the crowd packing heat didn't save Gabrielle Giffords. And that was on a sunny day. I've said it before and will until I cark it - talking about shooting in a combat situation and doing it are 2 very, very different things. And I'm not a veteran, but I've had enough training to know that at close quarters, in a dark theatre for example it's a recipe for disaster.

But anyhoo that's just IMHO.

This post has been edited by Tsundoku: 28 July 2015 - 12:24 PM

"Fortune favors the bold, though statistics favor the cautious." - Indomitable Courteous (Icy) Fist, The Palace Job - Patrick Weekes

"I have strong views about not tempting providence and, as a wise man once said, the difference between luck and a wheelbarrow is, luck doesn’t work if you push it." - Colonel Orhan, Sixteen Ways to Defend a Walled City - KJ Parker

#4 User is offline   The Unfound 

• Recruit

Posted 28 July 2015 - 12:33 PM

I agree that it certainly isnt an ideal situation. But why do you think that these kinds of places are targeted? There is minimal chance of them getting hurt because no one is going to have anything more than a knife most likely. Neither one of the theater shooters were looking to die. The guy here in Lafayette had his car parked ready for a get away. And yes actually shooting someone is much different than talking or thinking about it. I was in the unfortunate situation of an attempted home invasion when I was in high school. I had to point a gun at the man, did I have to shoot him? No, but I was damn close and was completely prepared to in order to protect my family. Am I representative of the whole human race, certainly not. The are many people who should not or will not carry or use a gun. Thats fine with me. Like I said, I dont believe that we should be taking guns out of peoples hands but rather training them better in proper use.
That psychotic black dwarf with an afro?

#5 User is online   Tsundoku 

• A what?

Posted 28 July 2015 - 12:37 PM

Fair enough.

BTW I started this topic in the Inn because I thought it might be a good chance for people to post something they found stupid and have a chuckle/rant/whatever, but if it turns into a series of discussion topics I'm OK if the mods want to take it to the DB.

This post has been edited by Tsundoku: 28 July 2015 - 12:37 PM

#6 User is offline   koehkont 

• Sergeant

Posted 28 July 2015 - 12:52 PM

What is the biggest Mexican stand-off ever recorded?

OT: Safety works both ways I think. If you make it hard for people to get access to guns, you minimize impulsive incidents with not-so-stable persons. Also the thing about training
is very important like someone mentioned. People trying to protect others might hurt someone else with the best intentions but without proper training. In Holland you need a permit
for a gun and I don't miss carrying a gun. Making gun access hard can be seen as a first measure of protection, instead of having a gun to protect.

#7 User is offline   Illuyankas 

• Retro Classic
  • Group: The Hateocracy of Truth
  • Will cluck you up

Posted 28 July 2015 - 02:36 PM

There were four people in the Aurora theatre who were packing, and they didn't do anything to help. The guy at the Giffords shooting who had a weapon almost shot the person who took the shooter's gun away, and I believe was nearly shot by the police when they turned up.

There's no situation where you should feel the need to have a gun in a cinema, a hospital or a freaking church, full stop.

Also, cause it's the Inn, one of the better political cartoons ever made;
Attached File  gunfantasybookshelf.gif (108.04K)
Number of downloads: 0

Controversial viewpoint: ban/restrict handguns, keep rifles, track gun sales, implement mental health checks - it won't be perfect but it'll do better than the nothing going on now!
Hello, soldiers, look at your mage, now back to me, now back at your mage, now back to me. Sadly, he isn’t me, but if he stopped being an unascended mortal and switched to Sole Spice, he could smell like he’s me. Look down, back up, where are you? You’re in a warren with the High Mage your cadre mage could smell like. What’s in your hand, back at me. I have it, it’s an acorn with two gates to that realm you love. Look again, the acorn is now otataral. Anything is possible when your mage smells like Sole Spice and not a Bole brother. I’m on a quorl.

#8 User is offline   Solidsnape 

• Emperor
  • Interests:Playing Guitar/Ukulele/Banjolele, reading, music, Wing Chun Kuen, my 2 boys and my wonderful GF.
  • From good 'ol Newcastle upon Tyne.

Posted 28 July 2015 - 03:05 PM

No guns=no shootings. Simples.

I can't help thinking that, with the commercial market as saturated with firearms as it is in the US, that these kinds of shootings are a statistical inevitability.
Any kind of shooting for that matter.
"If you seek the crumpled bones of the T'lan Imass,
gather into one hand the sands of Raraku"
The Holy Desert
- Anonymous.

#9 User is offline   A Demon Llama! 

• First Sword
  • View gallery

Posted 29 July 2015 - 01:40 AM

At least the U.S. citizens will have something to use for the inevitable revolt because of the way governments are stripping everyone's privacy and freedoms. Canada, for examples, will have to make due with hard snow balls.
No Touchy.

#10 User is offline   HoosierDaddy 

• Believer
  • Interests:Football

Posted 29 July 2015 - 01:44 AM

I go with Tom Brady.

What a fucking moron. All you had to do was say "I like my balls (heh) a certain way. Didn't know what they were doing." Poof. Bye bye. Nope, destroy phone, go all in, going to lose in court.
Trouble arrives when the opponents to such a system institute its extreme opposite, where individualism becomes godlike and sacrosanct, and no greater service to any other ideal (including community) is possible. In such a system rapacious greed thrives behind the guise of freedom, and the worst aspects of human nature come to the fore....

#11 User is online   Tsundoku 

• A what?

Posted 29 July 2015 - 04:24 AM

View PostHoosierDaddy, on 29 July 2015 - 01:44 AM, said:

I go with Tom Brady.

What a fucking moron. All you had to do was say "I like my balls (heh) a certain way. Didn't know what they were doing." Poof. Bye bye. Nope, destroy phone, go all in, going to lose in court.

Is this in reference to something about the pressure of the ball in American Football? Heard something about that a little while ago. Will have to Google this for more details.

EDIT: interesting, if a little ... over(under?)blown if you'll forgive the pun :(

This post has been edited by Tsundoku: 29 July 2015 - 04:31 AM

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users