Deleted

This post has been edited by .-‘: 05 October 2021 - 11:56 PM

Drive by bye bye king on my dumb horse

#2 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 13 July 2015 - 06:00 PM

All i know is that the title makes me think of Mack Bolan as written by Warren Ellis.
THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

#3 User is offline   Bulwyf 

• ½ man, ½ amazing
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 13 July 2015 - 06:56 PM

View PostBriar King, on 13 July 2015 - 05:42 PM, said:

So idk anything about this show but it has 2 things going for it that will probably make it a win. 1. It's going to be on FX my fav cable channel and 2. Kurt Motherfuckingbadass Sutter(Sons of Anarchy) as the creator!!!

No. I refuse to click that link. I don't need another show to watch or to by hyped over and waiting to come out! Just the title is intriguing enough... ...so tempted... to click.... link...

Unless you guys keep posting about how awesome it's going to be I'm going to be a Johny-come-lately to the party again, when you're all writing about how awesome it actually is.

...who am I kidding, I'll probably cave and click that link before I leave work today...
Now they will know why they are are afraid of the dark. Now they will learn why they fear the night. -Thulsa Doom

You're such an inspiration for the ways that I would never, ever choose to be. -MJK

#4 User is offline   Tsundoku 

• A what?

Posted 14 July 2015 - 06:33 AM

https://en.wikipedia...ard_Executioner

http://thebastardexecutioner.net/

Sounds like some sort of hipster niche occupation.
"Fortune favors the bold, though statistics favor the cautious." - Indomitable Courteous (Icy) Fist, The Palace Job - Patrick Weekes

"Well well well ... if it ain't The Invisible C**t." - Billy Butcher, The Boys

"I have strong views about not tempting providence and, as a wise man once said, the difference between luck and a wheelbarrow is, luck doesn’t work if you push it." - Colonel Orhan, Sixteen Ways to Defend a Walled City - KJ Parker

#5 User is offline   Bulwyf 

• ½ man, ½ amazing

Posted 14 July 2015 - 01:42 PM

View PostBriar King, on 14 July 2015 - 04:23 AM, said:

Click it. FX plus Kurt Sutter. Click click

I clicked it :ermm: I'll be watching it. Did it say when it's supposed to start? Fall 2015?
Now they will know why they are are afraid of the dark. Now they will learn why they fear the night. -Thulsa Doom

You're such an inspiration for the ways that I would never, ever choose to be. -MJK

#6 User is offline   Abyss 

Posted 14 July 2015 - 03:26 PM

A few nuggets from the site...

Late Middle Ages drama

The filming of Bastard Executioner recently wrapped up. The last week of filming centered on a big medieval battle with horses, armor and lances. While it was filmed near Mount Snowdon area, the scenes will portray a battle in Scotland,

#7 User is offline   paran falcon 

• Emperor

Posted 12 September 2015 - 01:54 PM

No. I refuse to click that link. I don't need another show to watch or to by hyped over and waiting to come out! Just the title is intriguing enough... ...so tempted... to click.... link...

Unless you guys keep posting about how awesome it's going to be I'm going to be a Johny-come-lately to the party again, when you're all writing about how awesome it actually is.

...who am I kidding, I'll probably cave and click that link before I leave work today...
[/quote]

This has become my general attitude about the majority of new shows that premier. I'm so often disappointed within the 1st season, 2nd season at best. Just don't have time to sit in front of the screen much anymore. But this show has 2 draws that appeal to my wife and I both: the Middle Ages period and Scotland. When she sees a preview, I don't think there's any doubt we'll be giving it a shot. Hope it's worth it!

#8 User is offline   Bulwyf 

• ½ man, ½ amazing

Posted 16 September 2015 - 03:40 PM

Hmmm, no posts here yet after the premiere?

Haven't seen it yet, will probably watch it after work tonight. Not going to check back in here till I watch it though to avoid spoilers :(

#9 User is offline   acesn8s 

• Soletaken
  • Interests:Reading, video games, role playing games, Fountain Pens, journals...

Posted 17 September 2015 - 11:52 AM

I've made it half way through. Looks good so far.

I recognized the Baron as the bad guy from season 2 of The Last Ship.
“The others followed, and found themselves in a small, stuffy basement, which would have been damp, smelly, close, and dark, were it not, in fact, well-lit, which prevented it from being dark.”
― Steven Brust, The Phoenix Guards

#10 User is offline   Abyss 

Posted 17 September 2015 - 01:17 PM

Haven't seen it yet and figured on getting a few eps in the dvr first.

#11 User is offline   acesn8s 

• Soletaken
  • Interests:Reading, video games, role playing games, Fountain Pens, journals...

Posted 18 September 2015 - 12:05 PM

Finished episode 1. Wow...it goes way beyond SoA violence. It's a little disjointed right now. I need more help with the settings than I did in SoA. I'm curious to see how it develops.
“The others followed, and found themselves in a small, stuffy basement, which would have been damp, smelly, close, and dark, were it not, in fact, well-lit, which prevented it from being dark.”

#12 User is offline   HiddenOne 

• Mortal Sword
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 18 September 2015 - 08:26 PM

I never have the good channels
HiddenOne. You son of a bitch. You slimy, skulking, low-posting scumbag. You knew it would come to this. Roundabout, maybe. Tortuous, certainly. But here we are, you and me again. I started the train on you so many many hours ago, and now I'm going to finish it. Die HO. Die. This is for last time, and this is for this game too. This is for all the people who died to your backstabbing, treacherous, "I sure don't know what's going on around here" filthy lying, deceitful ways. You son of a bitch. Whatever happens, this is justice. For me, this is justice. Vote HiddenOne Finally, I am at peace.

#13 User is offline   Bulwyf 

• ½ man, ½ amazing

Posted 21 September 2015 - 05:12 PM

Everyone pretty much knows who killed his wife and why right?
I don't even know why they didn't just show it...

#14 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 21 September 2015 - 07:09 PM

View PostBriar King, on 21 September 2015 - 07:05 PM, said:

Are these the 2 Longshanks from Braveheart? I caught a line saying the King probably had noble seed in his mouth and I thought about that great movie.

The show seems to take place in 14th Century Wales...as long as that is before his death (1307), then yes it would likely be Edward I (The Longshanks)...as before the Scottish Rebellion, he also had to deal with a Welsh one.
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#15 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile
  • Group: Malazan Artist

Posted 01 October 2015 - 10:12 AM

The early medieval Kings were heavily linked with the French; a whole swathe of what is now western France was 'English' (Aquitaine) I haven't seen the program yet, but if it is Edward 'Longshanks', his mother was French (Eleanor of Provence) and so was his wife.

Some so called 'English' Kings, like Richard the Lionheart, spent hardly any time at all on English soil. The French slowly pushed the English out of France; which lead to Henry V's attempt to reclaim some of it in a campaign which ended at Agincourt.

(I still think it's pretty funny that the 'three lions' emblem that English footballers get all patriotic about are actually French.)

This post has been edited by Traveller: 01 October 2015 - 10:18 AM

So that's the story. And what was the real lesson? Don't leave things in the fridge.

#16 User is offline   acesn8s 

• Soletaken

Posted 04 October 2015 - 06:12 PM

View PostBriar King, on 30 September 2015 - 05:51 PM, said:

Why is Longshanks talking Frenchy? I thought they were English.

Not Longshanks, but his kid.

#17 User is offline   acesn8s 

• Soletaken

Posted 15 November 2015 - 06:09 PM

I gave up an episode or two ago.

#18 User is offline   Bulwyf 

• ½ man, ½ amazing

Posted 16 November 2015 - 03:28 PM

I fell behind and finally caught up binge watching last week.

Ya, not as great a show as I was hoping for. had a bit of a decline/slow start in the beginning of the season, but the recent episodes/story have been pretty good.

Still like the show overall, but it's not yet a "great" show.

#19 User is offline   Serenity 

• Saki!!!!!

Posted 16 November 2015 - 03:34 PM

View PostBriar King, on 12 October 2015 - 12:49 AM, said:

Ed: I still need to try The Shield. I wonder if it's on Netflix?

The Shield is superb. Second only to The Wire in my affections.

#20 User is offline   paran falcon 

• Emperor

Posted 19 November 2015 - 05:20 PM

View PostBriar King, on 18 November 2015 - 08:33 PM, said:

No surprise but this show has been executed. I'm fine either way. It wasn't the best thing but it was better then a lot of standard cable shows out now.

I thought we were going to like this show quite a bit, being interested in the time period, etc. Watched the first half hour to 45 minutes of the premier and my wife fell asleep (not unusual) and not one thing about it had grabbed me so I shut it off instead of forging ahead, knowing I'd have to re-watch with her later. Could never bring myself to try again and since none of the reaction here was much better than lukewarm...

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users