Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

When did Tool leave Envy?

#1 User is offline   paladyr 

• Recruit
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 11 June 2014 - 03:37 AM

I just read chapter 23, and Lady Envy mentioned they are following Tool, and I realized I don't remember why Tool left Lady Envy. Can someone explain or point me to the chapter that explains it? Thanks!

#2 User is offline   Spoilsport Stonny 

• Mortal Sword

Posted 11 June 2014 - 02:24 PM

It happened off screen, in between Toc's POV via Baaljagg. Pannion was sending sorcerers to Tool, Envy the wolves and Seguleh, yet they handled them. Tool and Envy noticed that the tumultuous magic surrounding Coral was K'Chain and Jaghut, an unprecedented partnership. Since Tool can turn to dust and travel, but the others could not, he chose to advance via that method and left his homies to follow him however they could

MOI Chapter 20:

"'Oh my,' she whispered yet again. 'How shall we follow Tool across ... this? And why was he not a T'lan Elephant, or a T'lan Whale, so that he could carry us on his back, in sumptuous howdahs? With running hot water and ingenious plumbing.'"

EDIT: SPOILERED cuz OP hasn't read CH. 24 yet.
Spoiler

The next time Envy hears of Tool
Spoiler
cuz she's crazy but man, I would love like 5 minutes alone with her. I like 'em batshit insane. Personally her parts in MOI are some of my favorite.

This post has been edited by Spoilsport Stonny: 11 June 2014 - 05:25 PM

Theorizing that one could poop within his own lifetime, Doctor Poopet led an elite group of scientists into the desert to develop a top secret project, known as QUANTUM POOP. Pressured to prove his theories or lose funding, Doctor Poopet, prematurely stepped into the Poop Accelerator and vanished. He awoke to find himself in the past, suffering from partial amnesia and facing a mirror image that was not his own. Fortunately, contact with his own bowels was made through brainwave transmissions, with Al the Poop Observer, who appeared in the form of a hologram that only Doctor Poopet could see and hear. Trapped in the past, Doctor Poopet finds himself pooping from life to life, pooping things right, that once went wrong and hoping each time, that his next poop will be the poop home.

#3 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 11 June 2014 - 05:11 PM

That sounds right to me.

Maybe edit thread title to "Tool and Envy" or something to avoid having a spoiler in the title.
They came with white hands and left with red hands.

#4 User is offline   paladyr 

• Recruit

Posted 07 July 2014 - 06:33 PM

Spoilsport Stonny, on 11 June 2014 - 02:24 PM, said:

It happened off screen, in between Toc's POV via Baaljagg. Pannion was sending sorcerers to Tool, Envy the wolves and Seguleh, yet they handled them. Tool and Envy noticed that the tumultuous magic surrounding Coral was K'Chain and Jaghut, an unprecedented partnership. Since Tool can turn to dust and travel, but the others could not, he chose to advance via that method and left his homies to follow him however they could

MOI Chapter 20:

"'Oh my,' she whispered yet again. 'How shall we follow Tool across ... this? And why was he not a T'lan Elephant, or a T'lan Whale, so that he could carry us on his back, in sumptuous howdahs? With running hot water and ingenious plumbing.'"

EDIT: SPOILERED cuz OP hasn't read CH. 24 yet.
Spoiler

The next time Envy hears of Tool
Spoiler
cuz she's crazy but man, I would love like 5 minutes alone with her. I like 'em batshit insane. Personally her parts in MOI are some of my favorite.

Ah I remember that now, thanks so much! I would edit the title of the thread but I can't seem to figure out how. I finished MOI and am already 27% through House of Chains which is already my favorite. I think I like it so much because it stuck with the first set of characters for so long and developed their stories. I'm also taking notes for the first time while I read which is really helping me enjoy the book. I wish I had done that previously :-/

#5 User is offline   Bonecaster 

• High Fist

Posted 08 July 2014 - 12:20 AM

Seriously, Envy is fantastic.
'All Eres were bonecasters, Trull Sengar. For they were the first to carry the spark of awareness, the first so gifted by the spirits.'

#6 User is offline   TheRetiredBridgeburner 

• House Knight

Posted 10 July 2014 - 01:03 PM

Bonecaster, on 08 July 2014 - 12:20 AM, said:

Agreed. Batshit crazy, but fantastic nonetheless.
- Wyrd bið ful aræd -

#7 User is offline   Aertheron 

• Corporal

Posted 22 July 2014 - 02:22 PM

TheRetiredBridgeburner, on 10 July 2014 - 01:03 PM, said:

To me she isn't that crazy, acts like the average woman AFAIK :p

#8 User is offline   Spoilsport Stonny 

• Mortal Sword

Posted 22 July 2014 - 05:48 PM

Aertheron, on 22 July 2014 - 02:22 PM, said:

TheRetiredBridgeburner, on 10 July 2014 - 01:03 PM, said:

To me she isn't that crazy, acts like the average woman AFAIK :p

Posted Image
Theorizing that one could poop within his own lifetime, Doctor Poopet led an elite group of scientists into the desert to develop a top secret project, known as QUANTUM POOP. Pressured to prove his theories or lose funding, Doctor Poopet, prematurely stepped into the Poop Accelerator and vanished. He awoke to find himself in the past, suffering from partial amnesia and facing a mirror image that was not his own. Fortunately, contact with his own bowels was made through brainwave transmissions, with Al the Poop Observer, who appeared in the form of a hologram that only Doctor Poopet could see and hear. Trapped in the past, Doctor Poopet finds himself pooping from life to life, pooping things right, that once went wrong and hoping each time, that his next poop will be the poop home.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users