Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Maybe I missed something (spoilers) Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Hood's Gate 

• Recruit
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 31 January 2014 - 02:33 AM

Maybe I misread or something, but I just don't seem to understand why Cotillion stabbed Kaminsod in the back as he was returning to his believers...

#2 User is offline   Kanese S's 

• TMI Frigate Bird of Low House PEN
  • Group: Mott Irregulars

Posted 31 January 2014 - 03:18 AM

To send his soul to his believers.
Laseen did nothing wrong.

I demand Telorast & Curdle plushies.

#3 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 31 January 2014 - 04:10 AM

Indeed. Kam therefore went to the Jade Giants rather than the Jade Giants coming to him.
They came with white hands and left with red hands.

#4 User is offline   Tarthenal Theloman Toblakai 

• Engineer Extraordinaire!
  • Interests:Engineering, books, films, gaming, gym, running, mountain biking

Posted 31 January 2014 - 07:04 AM

it was his release from the prison that was his body and the planet. As the others have said, it release him to the Jade giants in the sky before they crashed to Wu
"There is no struggle too vast, no odds too overwhelming, for even should we fail — should we fall — we will know that we have lived." ― Anomander Rake, Son of Darkness

#5 User is offline   Felisin Fatter 

• Captain

Posted 03 February 2014 - 09:35 AM

Well, it was definitely to stop the jade statues from destroying the world. That's a good enough reason for me, even if Kaminsod is simply dead now.

#6 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 03 February 2014 - 10:17 AM

I still wanted Cots and ST to cheat the gods and steal the power of the CG. I don't like that they went from being, if not outright evil, then at least cold hearted and power hungry, to sort of being the rogue pack of good guy gods. It would have fit better with their intention of moving past mere godhood.

This post has been edited by Maybe Apt: 03 February 2014 - 10:18 AM

#7 User is offline   amphibian 

• Ribbit
  • Interests:Hopping around

Posted 03 February 2014 - 10:26 AM

Who says they're done with their plans, Apt? The threat the CG posed to the continued existence of Wu required dealing with first - and it also helps their plans that Malazans were at the center of the release, while the other Ascendants and Gods were occupied.

The only loss Shadowthrone suffered was the destruction of the Azath that held the gateway to Starvald Demelain. Everything else was a success.
I survived the Permian and all I got was this t-shirt.

#8 User is offline   Kanese S's 

Posted 03 February 2014 - 10:31 AM

I think it fit quite well with them being beyond the other gods in that they were thinking more long term, and realizing that more and more, the Crippled God's very presence was going to be a problem eventually.

Even if what they did was good for the world, they had some selfish motivations. Not much use being a god over a bunch of charred corpses, is it? Either from the Jade Giants annihilating the world's surface, or from Burn rebooting everything.

Taking Kaminsod out of the equation pulled the rug out from under their rivals, as well (and the process killed some). Now the two are in a position to plot and scheme without the world about to end, and in a stronger position than most of the other gods.

I also think that over the course of the series, one's standards of good and evil also get shifted, at least when immersed within the Malazan world. There pretty much aren't any totally "good guy" gods, so one takes the best one can get, which in some cases are Shadowthrone and Cotillion.

#9 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 03 February 2014 - 10:33 AM

Oh I don't doubt that they are playing the long con but when you consider that the series started with their ascension to power and their moves to consolidate their position, I would have loved if the series ended with them taken that next step past the games they'd been playing for the past decade.

And I just liked the idea of them betraying or cheating the other gods better than them mercy killing the CG.

#10 User is offline   Kanese S's 

Posted 03 February 2014 - 12:02 PM

They did cheat the other gods. Out of a great source of power. And they got the other gods to do all the dying, engineering events to place them practically at the top of the heap. Impressive, considering they'd only just ascended, from the other gods' perspective.

#11 User is offline   Hood's Gate 

• Recruit

Posted 07 February 2014 - 12:11 AM

Thanks for all of the responses, guys. I ended up going back to reread the last few chapters and just missed it.

Cheers.

#12 User is offline   AnomanderRakeSoD 

• Sergeant

Posted 19 February 2014 - 11:03 PM

On the point about Starvald Demelain. Please remind me. Are the Elient now free to roam Wu and the other warrens?

#13 User is offline   Tony-t 

• Recruit

Posted 22 April 2014 - 02:51 PM

we need someone to post a tree of events starting the from the first chapter of gardens of the moon. all the key events included in ST and Cots plan

#14 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 22 April 2014 - 06:37 PM

Someone did that. His name is Steven Erikson and he published them as The Malazan Book of the Fallen cuz it would be too long to post here.
They came with white hands and left with red hands.

#15 User is offline   Spoilsport Stonny 

• Mortal Sword

Posted 22 April 2014 - 10:48 PM

worry, on 22 April 2014 - 06:37 PM, said:

Someone did that. His name is Steven Erikson and he published them as The Malazan Book of the Fallen cuz it would be too long to post here.

Are you for real?! There's gotta be some kinda copyright issue with this.
Theorizing that one could poop within his own lifetime, Doctor Poopet led an elite group of scientists into the desert to develop a top secret project, known as QUANTUM POOP. Pressured to prove his theories or lose funding, Doctor Poopet, prematurely stepped into the Poop Accelerator and vanished. He awoke to find himself in the past, suffering from partial amnesia and facing a mirror image that was not his own. Fortunately, contact with his own bowels was made through brainwave transmissions, with Al the Poop Observer, who appeared in the form of a hologram that only Doctor Poopet could see and hear. Trapped in the past, Doctor Poopet finds himself pooping from life to life, pooping things right, that once went wrong and hoping each time, that his next poop will be the poop home.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users