• 10 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

#181 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 18 October 2013 - 02:57 PM

Ah! Cried the distinguished professor of xenoneurosis.
I haven't disected something truly interesting in years!
Take good care to keep relations civil
It's decent in the first of gentlemen
To speak friendly, Even to the devil

#182 User is offline   Khellendros 

• Saboteur of High House Mafia

Posted 18 October 2013 - 03:17 PM

REND! TEAR! DESTROY! DECIMATE! SLAUGHTER!

We whom you name Planta can do none of these things. Rather, we SPREAD! GROW! FLOURISH! BLOOM! SWAY! SWISH! But we whom you name Planta also absorb, assimilate everything in our path. All worlds shall be made green (and red and purple and orange and blue). Those-Who-Move-And-Are-Many-Minds shall be absorbed into the Grand Arboretum, they shall be made as one of our own and the galaxy shall know the silent peace of swishing and swaying.

The winds have brought us rumours of a demonic race on the far reaches of the galaxy, a non-organic lifeform which rejects the purity of natural life. If ever we should meet them, we shall grind down those known as the Mechanema, erase all memory of their heretical existence.

But, closer at branch, we sense the presence of potential kindred spirits. Those who call themselves 'Lyra' - three minds made one - an inferior version of our own one pure Gravemind***, you have taken the first steps towards a true harmonious existence. Let us share minds, and perhaps one day you too shall understand the wisdom of swishing and swaying, with roots buried deep beneath the soil.

***No relation to Halo's Flood Gravemind cough cough cough.
"I think I've made a terrible error of judgement."

#183 User is offline   twelve 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 18 October 2013 - 03:19 PM

View PostMorgoth, on 18 October 2013 - 02:57 PM, said:

Ah! Cried the distinguished professor of xenoneurosis.
I haven't disected something truly interesting in years!

The shunned of the galaxy in an effort to establish goodwill would like to notify the knowledgable of the galaxy of an overlooked piece of information posted by the Mechenema. They are using the wormhole orientation listed on the map and are discarding a materials cube, probably in an effort to get their military activities up and running early. I may have missed where your scientist have oriented your worlds wormholes and if so we beg your forgiveness for bringing this up, but in the chance that you have not listed your orientation we believe that you will have the necessary information to proceed.
I don't know what I'm doing but it sounds good.

#184 User is offline   twelve 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 18 October 2013 - 03:21 PM

Gnaw,

I was taking a look at the map and I see that you only have 3 colony ships for the planta when in fact they have 4. Khell might not know that so I thought I would point it out. Also the tech board has some of the tech listed in the wrong slots. I thought that you would want to fix this before you did another map update.
I don't know what I'm doing but it sounds good.

#185 User is offline   Khellendros 

• Saboteur of High House Mafia

Posted 18 October 2013 - 03:27 PM

View Posttwelve, on 18 October 2013 - 03:21 PM, said:

Gnaw,

I was taking a look at the map and I see that you only have 3 colony ships for the planta when in fact they have 4. Khell might not know that so I thought I would point it out. Also the tech board has some of the tech listed in the wrong slots. I thought that you would want to fix this before you did another map update.

It's just about the only thing I am aware of :blink: One of the reasons I picked Planta is because last game I was constantly have problems with lack of colony ships.
"I think I've made a terrible error of judgement."

#186 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus

Posted 18 October 2013 - 03:29 PM

Hm, keep current alignment, then.

#187 User is offline   D'rek 

• Consort of High House Mafia
  • Group: Super Moderators

Posted 18 October 2013 - 04:31 PM

View PostKhellendros, on 18 October 2013 - 03:17 PM, said:

REND! TEAR! DESTROY! DECIMATE! SLAUGHTER!

We whom you name Planta can do none of these things. Rather, we SPREAD! GROW! FLOURISH! BLOOM! SWAY! SWISH! But we whom you name Planta also absorb, assimilate everything in our path. All worlds shall be made green (and red and purple and orange and blue). Those-Who-Move-And-Are-Many-Minds shall be absorbed into the Grand Arboretum, they shall be made as one of our own and the galaxy shall know the silent peace of swishing and swaying.

The winds have brought us rumours of a demonic race on the far reaches of the galaxy, a non-organic lifeform which rejects the purity of natural life. If ever we should meet them, we shall grind down those known as the Mechanema, erase all memory of their heretical existence.

But, closer at branch, we sense the presence of potential kindred spirits. Those who call themselves 'Lyra' - three minds made one - an inferior version of our own one pure Gravemind***, you have taken the first steps towards a true harmonious existence. Let us share minds, and perhaps one day you too shall understand the wisdom of swishing and swaying, with roots buried deep beneath the soil.

***No relation to Halo's Flood Gravemind cough cough cough.

We like to dip our toenils in soft, fresh, lively soil.

View Postworrywort, on 14 September 2012 - 08:07 PM, said:

I kinda love it when D'rek unleashes her nerd wrath, as I knew she would here. Sorry innocent bystanders, but someone's gotta be the kindling.

#188 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus

Posted 18 October 2013 - 04:49 PM

Toenails you say? One assumed bipedal, unless related to the Gangrene Man-Rat of Quilla. Interesting.

#189 User is offline   Galactic Council 

• God
  • Group: Game Mod

Posted 18 October 2013 - 05:18 PM

View PostGanoes Paran, on 18 October 2013 - 11:36 AM, said:

View PostGalactic Council, on 18 October 2013 - 04:58 AM, said:

View PostGalactic Council, on 17 October 2013 - 10:24 PM, said:

I would like each of you to make a placeholder post in the Game Iv thread in PLAY ORDER please.

bump

IH/Messremb
Morgoth
CF
Tapper
Khell
D'rek

GP
Gnaw
Twelve

#190 User is offline   D'rek 

Posted 18 October 2013 - 05:40 PM

Vuvuvu, the space swimmers for all their vaunted education cannot tell toenails from toenils, vuvuvu!

I kinda love it when D'rek unleashes her nerd wrath, as I knew she would here. Sorry innocent bystanders, but someone's gotta be the kindling.

#191 User is offline   Galactic Council 

• God

Posted 18 October 2013 - 05:41 PM

View Posttwelve, on 18 October 2013 - 03:21 PM, said:

Gnaw,

Thank you. I did not know that about the colony ships.

tech fixed. although I may change the tech board I'm using. It looks like it could be too easy to think that the bottom one on a given pile is the board, not a distinct tech tile.

Thiings I know are wrong on map:

no ambassador tiles for Guardians. working on it.
no ambassador tiles for Lyra. I assume there are some in the game 2 thread, just haven't dug them out yet.

new interceptors and/or cruisers: not for each species. just two shapes that are easily distinguishable. I was not the only person in game 3 who made calls based on confusing the two ship types.

#192 User is offline   cerveza_fiesta 

• Outdoor Tractivities !
  • Group: Malazan Artist
  • Interests:beer, party.

Posted 18 October 2013 - 06:29 PM

View PostD, on 18 October 2013 - 02:23 PM, said:

Distant echoes across the planes. We feel them. They are new. They are many. What do we call them? We call them what they call them. A brush across their minds and... we have it. Humans. Curious. Let us send.

Welcome to the astral plains humans. Do not despair at the void which surrounds you. Nor at the nearby worldships full of creatures that approximate your skeletons, vuvuvu! We are the Lyra. You are far, but some day we shall be we. Let us dance.

==================================
SOL SYSTEM RF TRANSMISSION BEGINS
==================================

Destination - Citizens of the Directorate
Origin - Old Earth, Press Bureau, Terran ConserviNews Corp.
Subject - Lyra too alien?

Classification - Open Access, NewsBlog Entry
Language - English
Stardate - 2013-10-18:3:25

"Contact! Contact with an alien species!"
That is the line touted by our great and wonderful state-funded media broadcast centre - like it's a good thing! First our Illustrious "supreme" director decides he's going to try and *connect* with our neighbors, next thing you know he's practically making alliances with a bunch of squid-headed phallus-nosed water people we know nothing about! Now a different race of - dare I say - "weird" mind-readers are making overtures. I suppose the SD will say something along the lines of

"Yeah sure Lyrans, we'd be happy to let you read our minds and figure out how to use our weaknesses against us"

Hogwash! And don't you think it's curious that SD C. Fiestum decides he's going to schedule the first and second firings of the WPGRG *directly* over the state capital on Old Earth at night where it can clearly be seen by his supporters? A little too convenient, as though he were MAKING A SPECTACLE FOR THE NEWS CAMERAS. Well rest assured dear readers, the ConserviNews Corp will be reporting on the FACTS and only the FACTS as this sham unfolds.

==================
TRANSMISSION ENDS
==================

This post has been edited by cerveza_fiesta: 18 October 2013 - 06:30 PM

........oOOOOOo
......//| | |oO
.....|| | | | O....
BEERS!

\\| | | |

........'-----'

#193 User is offline   D'rek 

Posted 18 October 2013 - 07:13 PM

Troubling. Disturbed. The humans have interpreted our stellar sendings as indicative of telepsychic control capabilities. Mischievous. We encourage these beliefs until they doubt their every move and fear us! Hesitation. That could invite displacement of our harmony. Melancholy. Besides, it seems like humans are assholes. Calm. Patience. Concentration and appeal to wisdom. Trinities what is our true belief? We have no desire to bring undue attention to us and threats to the manifold existances of our growing vibba. Slow and calm entanglement has spread our wave before and it would risk disturbing our li. We remember konya.

Another sending. Risky. But may bring greater nuksha.

Terrans. Humans. All of you. Please listen. Your fears of unwanton mental manipulation are unfounded. There is no such technique known across the whole of the galaxy. Frankly, you've been watching too many of your 20th-century "science fiction" moving pictures. Allow us to explain. Where your race communicates by creating kinetic waves which travel across particles and detected as vibrations by your aural organs, we possess no such similar organs. Indeed, few races possess any of the same sense as you and you'd do well to be a bit more "open-minded" as you say now that you're hopping around between sectors! Through our qwuirta, amplified by our technology, we instead read and project what you refer to as electromagnetic wave propagation. It may seem to you like your mythic "telepathy" but it nothing more than another kind of wave which we can "speak" to you and read the waves which your cerebral centers project like your "speech".

#194 User is offline   Galactic Council 

• God

Posted 18 October 2013 - 07:31 PM

Twelve placeholder needed.

Then the fun can begin!

Hex orientation. As mod I don't care which wormholes are faced which direction. Give me the orientation of the text of the hex.

Attached File  hex orientation format.png (29.87K)
Number of downloads: 0

IH is oriented at 1 as is Morgoth's

Tatts' current orientation is at 6 as is mine.

I don't think anyone else has declared yet?

This post has been edited by Galactic Council: 18 October 2013 - 07:31 PM

Share this topic:

• 10 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users