Malazan Empire: All 3 Kharkanas Titles Revealed - Malazan Empire

Jump to content

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All 3 Kharkanas Titles Revealed And Forge of Darkness release date(ish)

#1 User is offline   Khellendros 

  • Saboteur of High House Mafia
  • Group: High House Mafia
  • Posts: 2448
  • Joined: 14-August 07

Posted 29 February 2012 - 05:53 PM

If you haven't already checked out Erikson's reddit Ask Me Anything - do so now :) He's answered some 300+ questions, and also revealed all three titles for the Kharkanas trilogy. We already knew Forge of Darkness, but the other two will be:

Fall of Light

Walk in Shadow


Forge of Darkness will apparently be released in August, with Fall of Light following two years later.

http://www.reddit.co...k_me/?limit=500
"I think I've made a terrible error of judgement."
2

#2 User is offline   WhiskeyJackDaniels 

  • Emperor
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • Posts: 875
  • Joined: 19-February 09
  • Location:Syracuse

Posted 01 March 2012 - 12:00 AM

Interesting...

I wonder if this means that each book will be taking place primarily in a different realm. Obviously KG for the first and then maybe KL and KE for the second and third.
So, you're the historian who survived the Chain of Dogs.
Actually, I didn't.

It seems you stand alone.
It was ever thus.
0

#3 User is offline   DragniRake 

  • Recruit
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • Posts: 27
  • Joined: 21-October 11

Posted 01 March 2012 - 02:01 AM

Oooooo.... Gracias!
'You, sapper,' the Barghast said, 'are the scum beneath a pebble in a stream running through a field of sickly pigs.'Trotts- MOI
0

#4 User is offline   BlackMoranthofDoom 

  • Fist
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • Posts: 206
  • Joined: 08-August 10
  • Interests:gaming, watching movies, listening to metal

Posted 01 March 2012 - 05:16 AM

Hopefully we'll get a map of the three Kurald warrens then, and maybe one showcasing Kharkanas. I mean they are all worlds seperate from Wu with their own geography so why not? Do the ligth and shadow realms also have their capital cities like Kharkanas?
0

#5 User is offline   Silk 

  • Master of the Decks -- Spinning round and Round
  • Group: Bridgeburner
  • Posts: 361
  • Joined: 11-September 09
  • Location:London

Posted 01 March 2012 - 11:49 AM

light had Sarsanas... i think thats what it was called, we have no information relating to anything other than shadow hold within KE
0

#6 User is offline   Messremb 

  • Honorary Symp of High House Mafia
  • Group: High House Mafia
  • Posts: 464
  • Joined: 26-July 02
  • Location:Swindon / Essex
  • High Artificer of Team Quick Ben

Posted 01 March 2012 - 12:18 PM

View PostWhiskeyJackDaniels, on 01 March 2012 - 12:00 AM, said:

Interesting...

I wonder if this means that each book will be taking place primarily in a different realm. Obviously KG for the first and then maybe KL and KE for the second and third.


I suspect more likely to be referring to the stages in history of the Tiste - Forge of Darkness being the Andii alone in Darkness, Fall of Light the coming of Light into Darkness and probably MD turning from the Andii, Walk in Shadow then being the aftermath of the coming of light, the discovery of Shadow and the Tiste coming to terms with living with the now 3 realms rather than one.
"see that stranger's arm crushing the life from him - do you understand? Not an eternal prison for Messremb"
1

#7 User is offline   worry 

  • Elder God
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • Posts: 6805
  • Joined: 24-February 10
  • Location:the buried west

Posted 01 March 2012 - 08:23 PM

Hopefully we will get some actual disgusting ascendant/god/Eleint sex scenes so we finally learn the mechanics of it all...something SE has kept in his back pocket for too long.
The slower the river, the redder it runs.
6

#8 User is offline   Kazemeryx 

  • Recruit
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • Posts: 23
  • Joined: 17-January 12

Posted 02 March 2012 - 12:12 AM

View Postworrywort, on 01 March 2012 - 08:23 PM, said:

Hopefully we will get some actual disgusting ascendant/god/Eleint sex scenes so we finally learn the mechanics of it all...something SE has kept in his back pocket for too long.


Weren't all the ascendants who had sex with eleint soletaken themselves?
0

#9 User is offline   worry 

  • Elder God
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • Posts: 6805
  • Joined: 24-February 10
  • Location:the buried west

Posted 02 March 2012 - 12:26 AM

That's wishful thinking, my friend. Wishful thinking.
The slower the river, the redder it runs.
1

#10 User is offline   Asharak 

  • Lieutenant
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • Posts: 106
  • Joined: 21-March 11

Posted 02 March 2012 - 10:08 AM

Sounds like we will have a big jump in time between each novel. It will be interesting to see how Erikson writes these books in comparison with MBOTF. Maybe each book will be written a little like a history book, telling stories that span hundreds or thousands of years. Looking forward to August.


This post has been edited by Asharak: 02 March 2012 - 10:09 AM

0

#11 User is offline   KingTeholBeddict 

  • A sword (look down)
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • Posts: 52
  • Joined: 06-July 10
  • Location:Sweden

Posted 02 March 2012 - 08:54 PM

Aaarrg!!!


AUGUST!!!


I can't wait that long!


That's like right before I actually have to start doing stuff in school!

Damn!

Why couldn't it be June or something!?

Ok, I'm done.
"I'm having one of those things... A headache with pictures." An Idea? "Yeah, that's it!"
0

#12 User is offline   BlackMoranthofDoom 

  • Fist
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • Posts: 206
  • Joined: 08-August 10
  • Interests:gaming, watching movies, listening to metal

Posted 03 March 2012 - 03:35 PM

View PostAsharak, on 02 March 2012 - 10:08 AM, said:

Sounds like we will have a big jump in time between each novel. It will be interesting to see how Erikson writes these books in comparison with MBOTF. Maybe each book will be written a little like a history book, telling stories that span hundreds or thousands of years. Looking forward to August.





I doubt it will be something like the Silmarillion. I think it will be written ina similar style to waht we had until now, just set in a different timeframe.
0

#13 User is offline   tiam 

  • Ascendant
  • Group: Mott Irregulars
  • Posts: 3887
  • Joined: 26-January 06

Posted 04 March 2012 - 03:10 PM

View PostMessremb, on 01 March 2012 - 12:18 PM, said:

View PostWhiskeyJackDaniels, on 01 March 2012 - 12:00 AM, said:

Interesting...

I wonder if this means that each book will be taking place primarily in a different realm. Obviously KG for the first and then maybe KL and KE for the second and third.


I suspect more likely to be referring to the stages in history of the Tiste - Forge of Darkness being the Andii alone in Darkness, Fall of Light the coming of Light into Darkness and probably MD turning from the Andii, Walk in Shadow then being the aftermath of the coming of light, the discovery of Shadow and the Tiste coming to terms with living with the now 3 realms rather than one.


This seems about right.

When I first read it I thought the Walk in Shadow was going to be about the march from the Kuralds into Wu by either Tulas Shorn or Scabby etc. Also Fall of Light could be whatever happened to FL after MD turned away and led to the Liosan isolationism.

To be honest these titles could be anything. They likely cover the rise of the Tiste peoples but other than that we dont know.

This post has been edited by tiam: 04 March 2012 - 03:13 PM

0

#14 User is offline   Razmatus 

  • Recruit
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • Posts: 5
  • Joined: 27-June 12
  • Location:Galanta, Slovakia
  • Interests:metal, writing poetry in english, PC games, fantasy books and such
  • meep meep vrrrrrm :P

Posted 27 June 2012 - 03:15 PM

looking forward to those... as I am not further than The Bonehunters atm, cant really think of exactly what could be in these ones :p
0

#15 User is offline   Apt 

  • The little seeing eye
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War
  • Posts: 16968
  • Joined: 22-May 06

Posted 27 June 2012 - 03:52 PM

You're going to learn some heavy shit about the Elder days and the Tiste peoples in the upcoming books.
0

#16 User is offline   worry 

  • Elder God
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • Posts: 6805
  • Joined: 24-February 10
  • Location:the buried west

Posted 27 June 2012 - 08:04 PM

And he means physically heavy. They all get real fat by the end.
The slower the river, the redder it runs.
1

#17 User is offline   Shadow of Shadowthrone 

  • Sergeant
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • Posts: 92
  • Joined: 18-June 10
  • Location:House of Chains
  • What Bugg said.

Posted 20 September 2012 - 03:24 PM

Fun to read these posts, in retrospect :) Has Erikson said that there will be a time gap before Fall of Light?
Visit my blog of geekery, Stormsongs: slynt.blogspot.com
0

Share this topic:


Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users