• « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

ONCE UPON A TIME discussion w/spoilers for weekly new episodes

#81 User is offline   McLovin 

• Cutlery Enthusiast
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • Interests:Knives. Stabbing. Stabbing with knives.

Posted 10 October 2012 - 02:38 PM

View PostQuickTidal, on 01 October 2012 - 02:06 PM, said:

So consider me cautiously optimistic.

Huh. I appear to be the anti-you. They ended the curse that separated Charming and Snow (and Emma and Henry), only to separate them in a different way. The more things change, the more they stay the same.

The wife and I think this is only going to lead to a reset-button moment, where we'll be brought right back where we started, because that will be the only way to reunite everyone, only to separate them AGAIN in another way.

Not up for that journey. I'm officially out.
OK, I think I got it, but just in case, can you say the whole thing over again? I wasn't really listening.

#82 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 10 October 2012 - 02:53 PM

View PostMcLovin, on 10 October 2012 - 02:38 PM, said:

View PostQuickTidal, on 01 October 2012 - 02:06 PM, said:

So consider me cautiously optimistic.

Huh. I appear to be the anti-you. They ended the curse that separated Charming and Snow (and Emma and Henry), only to separate them in a different way. The more things change, the more they stay the same.

The wife and I think this is only going to lead to a reset-button moment, where we'll be brought right back where we started, because that will be the only way to reunite everyone, only to separate them AGAIN in another way.

Not up for that journey. I'm officially out.

Hmmmm. I don't think they'd do that at all. In fact I think it's purposefully been established now (and the whole town knows) that if you go outside the boundaries of Storybrooke you lose your memories forever.

The reset button is a fan-hated trope. No writer in their right mind would hit the reset button on a show like this.

I think instead it's going to be a short road to find a way into the fairytale land and then we will see events unfold on both sides at the same time with consequences for both.

I also think there is a far bigger bad than Regina looming in the Fairytale land wings yet to be revealed.

I'm still cautiously optimistic.

If you feel like opting out at this point though I would not blame you, it's a lot to ask of an audience to have any faith.
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#83 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 10 October 2012 - 04:57 PM

View PostQuickTidal, on 10 October 2012 - 02:53 PM, said:

...Not up for that journey. I'm officially out.

...I'm still cautiously optimistic.

If you feel like opting out at this point though I would not blame you, it's a lot to ask of an audience to have any faith.

I couldn't do it. Too scorched by S1 to bother and nothing i was hearing about S2 prompted a change of view.
Tell me Henry developed a drug prblem and is summoning Tinkerbell to play with his tinker-toy and Mr Gold is making crystal meth and Charming is questioning his sexual identity and Emma grabbed a sword and stabbed Regina through the face and then she stayed dead for at least two eps and then i'll reconsider.
THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

#84 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 10 October 2012 - 06:59 PM

View PostAbyss, on 10 October 2012 - 04:57 PM, said:

View PostQuickTidal, on 10 October 2012 - 02:53 PM, said:

...Not up for that journey. I'm officially out.

...I'm still cautiously optimistic.

I couldn't do it. Too scorched by S1 to bother and nothing i was hearing about S2 prompted a change of view.
Tell me Henry developed a drug prblem and is summoning Tinkerbell to play with his tinker-toy and Mr Gold is making crystal meth and Charming is questioning his sexual identity and Emma grabbed a sword and stabbed Regina through the face and then she stayed dead for at least two eps and then i'll reconsider.

Some of the things that have uppped the game.

Want to know which?

mild spoilers for ep 1 and 2

Spoiler

There is lots to like...but I'm still fenceward for the next few eps to see if S2 can really wash the taste of S1 out of my mouth.

Oh and the budget tripled. the matte paintings in fairytale land alone are a thousand times better.

This post has been edited by QuickTidal: 10 October 2012 - 07:01 PM

"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#85 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 15 October 2012 - 11:23 AM

View PostBriar King, on 15 October 2012 - 04:05 AM, said:

Well I was fairly impressed with tonight's epi myself. Plot wise you could see pretty much everything that was gonna happen but it was still fun to watch.

Yeah, agree. We quite enjoyed the ep too.

#86 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 04 November 2012 - 02:23 PM

View PostBriar King, on 03 November 2012 - 07:07 PM, said:

I just got around to watching last weeks epi. That was so fun to see Dr Victor....Frankenstein!

Yeah, I thought they did a wonderful job with his reveal (up to and including making it black and white)...and to be honest I thought throughout thew whole ep that he was a young Wizard Of Oz...so the Frankenstein reveal was a surprise to me.

#87 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 04 November 2012 - 09:15 PM

View PostBriar King, on 04 November 2012 - 09:09 PM, said:

I figured he was Victor as soon as he was trying so hard to get that magic heart. I was in a Frankenstein play in 7th grade so it was doubly entertaining.

The Oz bit was great was it not!!?? How fucking cool would it be to see Elhaba(sp)...Wicked Witch appear as a villain?

I'm not to terribly excited about tonight's epi.

I'm excited because Hurley from LOST (Jorge Garcia) is the Giant at the top of the beanstalk and that should be all win. :p

#88 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 05 November 2012 - 01:55 AM

Tonights ep was good times, a few nice character moments with the giant and Emma, not to mention some great stuff with Hook and Emma...and it seems as if Henry's dad is not a fairytale character at all...though Mrs. QT was convinced he was acting like Peter Pan...which would have added an extra layer to her new relationship with Hook.

#89 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 12 November 2012 - 02:18 PM

Last nighty's ep was alright. I love seeing more into Ruby / Red's storyline as she's one of the most compelling characters on the show, but this was one where the fairytale flashback was kind of ho-hum....but the Alan Dale-led witch-hunt storyline in Storybrooke with Red actually seeking out death...was pretty darned good!

#90 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 06 January 2013 - 10:03 PM

Yeah, Mrs. QT and I have it set to go, and we will be watching and then watching my new BluRay of SNOW WHITE & THE HUNTSMAN (Xmas gift)....its going to be a fairytale kinda night.

Hope its a good episode! Should be, as it's a post-Winter hiatus ep. Will chime in afterwards.

#91 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 08 January 2013 - 02:54 AM

View PostBriar King, on 07 January 2013 - 09:58 PM, said:

Pretty good epi, not the best by any means though. I'm getting a bit annoyed at the same Regina/Emmy square off at this point. Redeem her or not but move on.

Yeah, I thought we'd moved past Regina VS Emma stuff...and to hook it into Cora disguising herself as her daughter to frame her...I hope they don't cling onto that and Cora or Hook are discovered soon.

Otherwise good ep, and I wasn't expecting Jimminy to survive...that was a good twist.

#92 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 21 January 2013 - 11:40 AM

Yeah, that one was excellent. I LOVE that they acknowledge that Frankenstein is not from fairytale land and is from somewhere else entirely, so there must be multiple wormholes to alternate places...and the revelation that "hearts work differently in fairytale land" explains why they are glowing things than can be collected.

I think Ethan Embry (car crash survivor) is someone from another place too...they just haven't revealed where yet.

This show is really doing well this season!

Looking fwd to the next ep.

#93 User is offline   acesn8s 

• Soletaken
  • Interests:Reading, video games, role playing games, Fountain Pens, journals...

Posted 30 January 2013 - 02:11 PM

View PostQuickTidal, on 21 January 2013 - 11:40 AM, said:

Yeah, that one was excellent. I LOVE that they acknowledge that Frankenstein is not from fairytale land and is from somewhere else entirely, so there must be multiple wormholes to alternate places...and the revelation that "hearts work differently in fairytale land" explains why they are glowing things than can be collected.

I think Ethan Embry (car crash survivor) is someone from another place too...they just haven't revealed where yet.

Anyone else get chills when the
Spoiler
“The others followed, and found themselves in a small, stuffy basement, which would have been damp, smelly, close, and dark, were it not, in fact, well-lit, which prevented it from being dark.”
― Steven Brust, The Phoenix Guards

#94 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 30 January 2013 - 02:17 PM

View Postacesn8s, on 30 January 2013 - 02:11 PM, said:

View PostQuickTidal, on 21 January 2013 - 11:40 AM, said:

Anyone else get chills when the
Spoiler

Yeah, Mrs. QT looked at me and went "Whoa!" which is translated as..."Do you think they are going to bring in...?"

And strangely, that preceded JJ's announcement as the new STAR WARS director by days...I wonder if it was intentional?

#95 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 11 February 2013 - 12:03 PM

Last night's ep was really solid. Probably one of the best of the season so far. Hurley (I know, I still call him Hurley) just brings the charm to his roles. I loved that they gender flipped Jack (from the Beanstalk) and cast Tess from SMALLVILLE as the character...and then put her in cahoots with David's Asshole brother James...and then we find out that it was the humans who STARTED the war with the Giants?! Crazy. I did not see that coming. The way the fairytale folk spoke about the Giant Wars up till this point you'd not imagine them as the benevolent guardians of the magic beans, and that it was not them who started the wars. GREAT stuff there. I also like that they essentially win Anton the giant over to their side at the end and the other dwarves call him Tiny.

I'm REALLY curious who Ethan Embry's car accident victim is really...and now I'm afraid he's going to steal Belle away from Rumple without him there.

Oh, and Ruby....still hotter than that sun.

#96 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 20 February 2013 - 11:48 AM

Hey man, sorry I was in the can...lol

Yeah, I totally saw the reveal coming. He was pretty much the only person Emma would have recognized outside storybrooke and the commercials all showed her reacting to someone like she knew them.

It was still a very solid episode and I liked the reveal from the box that Pinnochbio showed him that simply revealed his name.

Glad to see that not only is Bae back in the fray, but he loathes his father and Henry has a dad finally. I'll be super interested to see where it all goes.

#97 User is offline   acesn8s 

• Soletaken
  • Interests:Reading, video games, role playing games, Fountain Pens, journals...

Posted 28 March 2013 - 08:14 PM

Interesting episode last night. I'm curious to see where they go from here.
“The others followed, and found themselves in a small, stuffy basement, which would have been damp, smelly, close, and dark, were it not, in fact, well-lit, which prevented it from being dark.”

#98 User is offline   acesn8s 

• Soletaken

Posted 26 April 2013 - 05:23 PM

I enjoyed the juxtaposition between Golds relationship with Lacey and Rumple's relationship with Belle.

#99 User is offline   acesn8s 

• Soletaken

Posted 26 April 2013 - 08:09 PM

So, I'm guessing that Tamara is playing Owen to get access to Rumple's magic. It should tie the whole magic has a price/those who steal magic blah, blah thing up in a nice little package.

#100 User is offline   Blend 

• Gentleman of High House Mafia
  • View gallery
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 13 May 2013 - 07:14 PM

Season Finale was last night, what did you all think? I really enjoy the idea that Peter Pan is going to be the BIG BAD for Season 3. They're building him up to be pretty dark, and I'm rather excited about that! I was worried that Bae was gonna be subbed in as Peter Pan, but to turn it on its head the way they did, I did not expect that at all! I can't wait to see why Peter Pan wants Henry so badly. I mean, I figure that Pan has heard the prophecy that Henry will be Rumple's downfall, so I figure it's linked to Rumple that way. Anyone think Pan may end up being someone we've met before (though who completely escapes me)?

Also, hooray for Emma and Regina working together to be able to stop Storybrooke from kersploding. I hope that next Season follows the adventures of Henry's family trying to find him. From the one scene where Aurora and Mulan found Neil/Bae on the beach in the Enchanted Forest, it's obvious we will also be following that storyline. I'm happy that Mulan and Aurora will be back in the story, I really enjoyed them as characters. I just seriously hope we don't spend too much time watching Belle try to protect Storybrooke. I mean, it's all secondary characters in Storybrooke right now.
There is no struggle too vast, no odds too overwhelming, for even should we fail - should we fall - we will know that we have lived. ~ Anomander Rake
My sig comes from a game in which I didn't heed Blend's advice. So maybe this time I should. ~ Khellendros
I'm just going to have to come to terms with the fact that self-vote suiciding will forever be referred to as "pulling a JPK" now, aren't I? ~ JPK

Share this topic:

• 9 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users