• Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Whats making you happy right now

#12401 User is offline   The Hust Legion 

• Lieutenant
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 30 August 2015 - 10:16 PM

best holiday ever. week in dubai I'm positively charred but loved it. after a stressful two years just what i needed

#12402 User is offline   Gredfallan Ale 

• "But it's turtles all the way down"
  • Interests:Archery, cycling, science, & philosophy.

Posted 31 August 2015 - 09:27 AM

Just came back from a weekend cycling trip with friends. We went to one of the only regions in the Netherlands with hills, southern Limburg, to cycle up those short, steep climbs. Loved every minute of it. Next week, a few of us are going to participate in an organized event in the same region, so it was a nice training effort.
'When I use a word,' Humpty Dumpty said, in rather a scornful tone, 'it means just what I choose it to mean — neither more nor less.'

'The question is,' said Alice, 'whether you can make words mean so many different things.'

'The question is,' said Humpty Dumpty, 'which is to be master — that's all.'

#12403 User is offline   Arthur Dayne 

• Nuclear Baconator
  • Interests:Cows and their subsequent steak, and pigs with their glorious bacon making capabilities.

Posted 31 August 2015 - 10:23 PM

Got the honeymoon in St. Lucia paid for. And now we wait...
If your cat wasn't meant to fly, why wouldn't they make them bigger?

#12404 User is offline   Silencer 

• Manipulating Special Data
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Malazan Book of the Fallen series.
    Computer Game Design.
    Programming.

Posted 01 September 2015 - 11:50 AM

Booked flight to Brisbane! I kinda go semi-annually but didn't think I would make it this year...which would have been a mistake, I think, coz I need a proper holiday and nothing relaxes me like visiting the Brisbanites. Feels good to have committed to it now. :p I hadn't even realised how long it had been since I last went.

So yes, making me happy right now! :p

Shinrei said:

<Vote Silencer> For not garnering any heat or any love for that matter. And I'm being serious here, it's like a mental block that is there, and you just keep forgetting it.

#12405 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 01 September 2015 - 02:01 PM

View PostArthur Dayne, on 31 August 2015 - 10:23 PM, said:

Got the honeymoon in St. Lucia paid for. And now we wait...

It's awesome. I went there on the first trip I ever took with my wife way back in 2008.

A few things to note.

1. If you are staying at Sandals or any of the other resorts, they are at the top of the island, and the airport is at the bottom. Most resorts organize a bus for guests to drive them the two hours trip to the resort but only during the day...at night the resort hires local cabs to bring you up (this freaked me out at first as I was expecting a bus transfer, and he drove like a maniac). The drivers in St. Lucia are like any other Caribbean island. They know the roads well, they drive fast, and careen around corners ect. So just prepare yourself for that.

2. Of the off-resort excursions most places offer, there is only one that's REALLY worth your time. The zip lining. It is 11 zips through the jungle, and the last basically skates out over the canopy of the jungle and offered me one of the most incredible views I've ever seen in person. It was like nothing I'd experienced before. I recall as I left the jungle foliage and looked around overtop of it all I gasped at the beauty. There is a volcano excursion, but it's only worthwhile if you feel you'll get something out of seeing a volcano up close. All other excursions are pretty lame.

3. If you stay at the big Sandals resort (Grand St. Lucian) then beside the resort is a short public beach, next to which is a big mountain national park. It's like $2 to get in, and you climb up to the top and can see old canons and radio towers, and it offers a great view. A nice cheap outing.

Hope you have a blast!
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#12406 User is offline   Egwene 

• Emperor

Posted 02 September 2015 - 08:24 AM

View PostSlow Ben, on 30 August 2015 - 01:27 PM, said:

View PostTiste Simeon, on 30 August 2015 - 06:29 AM, said:

View PostEgwene, on 29 August 2015 - 08:20 PM, said:

We now have over 3000!!!! pages on the Wiki!!!!!!! That's a pretty amazing happy milestone :p

If you have a moment, why don't you pop in a sign the guestbook

http://malazan.wikia.com/wiki/3000

:p

Those are some impressive stats Egwene, congratulations!

Indeed. Nice job!

Thanks guys :p Your support is much appreciated!

#12407 User is offline   Solidsnape 

• Emperor
  • Interests:Playing Guitar/Ukulele/Banjolele, reading, music, Wing Chun Kuen, my 2 boys and my wonderful GF.
  • From good 'ol Newcastle upon Tyne.

Posted 03 September 2015 - 11:54 AM

The Legend that is Alan Shearer just had a walk around my factory.
Grumpy bastard.
"If you seek the crumpled bones of the T'lan Imass,
gather into one hand the sands of Raraku"
The Holy Desert
- Anonymous.

#12408 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile
  • Group: Malazan Artist

Posted 04 September 2015 - 10:59 AM

Secet cinema on Sunday.

I get to dress up as a star wars extra, and mooch around a full size set of Mos Eisley with my brother.

Also, Empire Strikes Back will be showing.

I do have to cross central London dressed as a mercenary, but I doubt anyone will really notice.

This post has been edited by Traveller: 04 September 2015 - 11:00 AM

So that's the story. And what was the real lesson? Don't leave things in the fridge.

#12409 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 04 September 2015 - 12:41 PM

My youngest brother got his PhD! So proud of him man!
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#12410 User is offline   DeadHedge 

• Fist
  • Interests:Reading MBotF and Playing 360/PC

Posted 04 September 2015 - 03:01 PM

View PostTraveller, on 04 September 2015 - 10:59 AM, said:

Secet cinema on Sunday.

I get to dress up as a star wars extra, and mooch around a full size set of Mos Eisley with my brother.

Also, Empire Strikes Back will be showing.

I do have to cross central London dressed as a mercenary, but I doubt anyone will really notice.

Traveller,

that sounds awesome. I'll be showing my 4 year old son Return of the Jedi this weekends (watched 5/6 films so far and he loves it)

Who are you dressing as, anyone in particular?
"The wise say that as vows are sworn, so are the reaped. I found this to be true"

Prince K'azz D'avore
Founder of the Crimson Guard

xbl GT - Arai Zenko

#12411 User is offline   Andorion 

• God
  • Interests:All things Malazan, sundry sci-fi and fantasy, history, Iron Maiden

Posted 04 September 2015 - 04:19 PM

View PostQuickTidal, on 04 September 2015 - 12:41 PM, said:

That is excellent news! Posted Image

I just finished my first year of research. Its exhausting and frustrating so its good to hear that somebody has finshed it succesfully

#12412 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 04 September 2015 - 04:23 PM

View PostAndorion, on 04 September 2015 - 04:19 PM, said:

View PostQuickTidal, on 04 September 2015 - 12:41 PM, said:

That is excellent news! Posted Image

I just finished my first year of research. Its exhausting and frustrating so its good to hear that somebody has finshed it succesfully

Yeah!

He smiled and said to my dad "No one can ever take this away from me." And my dad broke down in tears. Sidebar: He is technically my stepbrother, though to me he's just always been my brother, no extra labels needed he's my family...before his mom and my dad met and got married (he was about 9 years old at the time) his real birth father (now passed away) was horribly mentally abusive to him for his entire childhood...and he crawled up out of that, took the reigns of his life back and became a Doctor...so those words mean so much more coming from that angle.

Keep up the work Andorion, the payoff will be worth it!

This post has been edited by QuickTidal: 04 September 2015 - 04:26 PM

#12413 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 04 September 2015 - 05:38 PM

This is 47 kinds of amazing.

#12414 User is offline   Gredfallan Ale 

• "But it's turtles all the way down"
  • Interests:Archery, cycling, science, & philosophy.

Posted 06 September 2015 - 08:37 PM

Just came back from a cycling trip that included a 100KM cyclosportive in the Dutch and Belgian hills yesterday. While my legs feel like lead today after sprinting up those short and steep hills yesterday, I feel very satisfied and happy. Next year, I'm going to attempt the 160KM, maybe even the 225KM, again, like I used to do in the past.
'When I use a word,' Humpty Dumpty said, in rather a scornful tone, 'it means just what I choose it to mean — neither more nor less.'

'The question is,' said Alice, 'whether you can make words mean so many different things.'

'The question is,' said Humpty Dumpty, 'which is to be master — that's all.'

#12415 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile
  • Group: Malazan Artist

Posted 07 September 2015 - 09:04 PM

Secret cinema last night was goddamned amazing.

Seriously, sitting in the bar from Star Wars with my brother, dressed as mercenaries, drinking weird cocktails and watching the occasional alien fight, Chewbacca pushing through to get to a shady alcove, Stormtroopers questioning people.. ha, it was a blast.

We mooched around Mos Eisley, patted Artoo, bought food, and watched random actor lead encounters occur among the 99.9 % costumed-up visitors. Actually I only saw a couple of people the entire night that hadn't dressed up.. a woman with a bright lurid pink handbag who looked decidedly uncomfortable, and a guy wearing a Star Wars t shirt.

Best moment was when we caught sight of a fairly convincing looking Obi Wan under an arched alcove, and my brother pretty much shoved me over to talk to him (there are several missions you can undertake if you're interested) I was only chatting to him for a minute (he was totally in character) before he politely excused himself as Chewy went running past. We followed, to see a running fight with Stormtroopers, followed by Luke, Solo etc escaping through a doorway, and the sound of the Falcon leaving.

So many moments through the evening though were just perfect, mainly because instead of being staged events at specific times you are told about in advance, this stuff was just happening seemingly randomly... if you were in the wrong place you'd just miss it, but we got lucky i guess. I was buying beer when a blue saber flashed at the other side of the bar where Ben was doing his stuff.

It only runs for another four weeks so I don't think I'm spoilering... it was well worth the trip to London though, I don't think you'll get an experience like it anywhere else - the sheer number of costumes and the camera/phone ban throughout really helped to make it unique.

(Oh yeah, we also got to watch Empire Strikes Back at the end of the evening)

This post has been edited by Traveller: 07 September 2015 - 09:11 PM

So that's the story. And what was the real lesson? Don't leave things in the fridge.

#12416 User is online   Tiste Simeon 

• Faith, Heavy Metal & Bacon

Posted 08 September 2015 - 07:58 AM

Just found out about this website that gives you short stories to read while on the toilet!
http://readpoopfiction.com/
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#12417 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 09 September 2015 - 12:49 AM

Rub your head on everything.
They came with white hands and left with red hands.

#12418 User is offline   Itwæs Nom 

• Inquisitor of High House Mafia
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 09 September 2015 - 05:01 PM

View PostGredfallan Ale, on 06 September 2015 - 08:37 PM, said:

Just came back from a cycling trip that included a 100KM cyclosportive in the Dutch and Belgian hills yesterday. While my legs feel like lead today after sprinting up those short and steep hills yesterday, I feel very satisfied and happy. Next year, I'm going to attempt the 160KM, maybe even the 225KM, again, like I used to do in the past.

pfff, you dont even have hills there

seriously, just checked it out, 323m (1060ft) is the higest point? and its not really in Netherlands.
Only height difference between my house and my school is 200m...
All things fall from kings to rose petals

#12419 User is offline   Puck 

• Mausetöter

Posted 10 September 2015 - 08:55 AM

Woke up with the holy mother of all headaches, and THEN managed to slip in the shower. Wrong thread? Nah. Just feeling somewhat better overall this week so far, which is a nice change.

Also, discovered that a certain clothes outlet chain store now also has books. In English. For some reason I cannot fathom. But I'm not going to complain about getting the DC Comics Encyclopedia for less than half the price. I mean, I may already have it, but next Christmas will come and my best friend does NOT have it yet.

This post has been edited by Puckstein: 10 September 2015 - 08:59 AM

Puck was not birthed, she was cleaved from a lava flow and shaped by a fierce god's hands. - [worry]
Ninja Puck, Ninja Puck, really doesn't give a fuck..? - [King Lear]

#12420 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 11 September 2015 - 11:58 AM

View PostBriar King, on 09 September 2015 - 11:14 PM, said:

View Postworry, on 09 September 2015 - 12:49 AM, said:

Rub your head on everything.

I've already had some prey sniffing the trail I noticed when I was in town this morning. I will ready weapons next time I'm out.

You should adapt the whole Brando in Apocalypse Now routine.
Take good care to keep relations civil
It's decent in the first of gentlemen
To speak friendly, Even to the devil

Share this topic:

• 965 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

3 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users