Malazan Empire: NCAA Tournament - Malazan Empire

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

NCAA Tournament

#1 User is offline   Optimus Prime 

• Daylight Oblivion
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • Interests:Ranting and Raving. Being the biggest Liberal on this forum. Arguing with Cold Iron (and winning). Writing (struggling right now), reading, Georgia Bulldog FOOTBALL!<br /><br />And the lades, of course, always the ladies ;)

Posted 17 March 2008 - 04:23 AM

Alright, so the field is set!

First and foremost, HOW BOUT THEM DAWGS!?!?! Holy shit, i can't believe we made it in by winning the SEC tourney...incredible.

So do you guys want to do a bracket challenge? I think it would be fun...anyone know where we could all sign up for one and compete?

I love March Madness, best time of the year!

#2 User is offline   Slum 

• House Knight

Posted 17 March 2008 - 04:53 AM

I'll put a thousand rep on UNC goin' to the Sweet Sixteen...

Edit: Can we bet rep?

#3 User is offline   Optimus Prime 

• Daylight Oblivion
  • Interests:Ranting and Raving. Being the biggest Liberal on this forum. Arguing with Cold Iron (and winning). Writing (struggling right now), reading, Georgia Bulldog FOOTBALL!<br /><br />And the lades, of course, always the ladies ;)

Posted 17 March 2008 - 04:58 AM

LOL. I dunno....

UNC is a favorite, so saying they'll go to the sweet 16 isn't going too far out on a limb....

I'm interested to see how Drake does.

#4 User is offline   Lord of Salvation 

• Fist

Posted 17 March 2008 - 08:36 AM

Piss on em

I'll take your challenge Xander, a team who has 4 conference wins is in no way deserving of a bid to play in a national championship tourney(but a phenomenal showing at the SEC tourney). I hate this auto bid garbage. Va Tech and others got snubbed so badly.

#5 User is offline   Slum 

• House Knight

Posted 17 March 2008 - 02:55 PM

Xander;276011 said:

LOL. I dunno....

UNC is a favorite, so saying they'll go to the sweet 16 isn't going too far out on a limb....

I'm interested to see how Drake does.

True. But I'm not betting 1000 reps on an iffy prospect.

I'm really rooting for Cornell. It'd be sweet if they won a game.

#6 User is offline   paladin 

• House Knight

Posted 17 March 2008 - 03:32 PM

lets go pac10!

#7 User is offline   Optimus Prime 

• Daylight Oblivion

Posted 18 March 2008 - 03:20 AM

Lord of Salvation;276100 said:

Piss on em

I'll take your challenge Xander, a team who has 4 conference wins is in no way deserving of a bid to play in a national championship tourney(but a phenomenal showing at the SEC tourney). I hate this auto bid garbage. Va Tech and others got snubbed so badly.

Bah, UGA earned their way in fair and square :)

If they win one game I'll call it a miracle and be content.

UNC and Kansas seem the two best teams...but for some reason KU always chokes....

#8 User is offline   Lord of Salvation 

• Fist

Posted 18 March 2008 - 09:57 PM

Xander;276510 said:

Bah, UGA earned their way in fair and square :)

If they win one game I'll call it a miracle and be content.

UNC and Kansas seem the two best teams...but for some reason KU always chokes....

Uhhh Kansas? Have you watched them this year, and how it was a toss up between them and Texas? I would not have Kansas in my final four, they cant sustain a run.

#9 User is offline   Optimus Prime 

• Daylight Oblivion

Posted 20 March 2008 - 12:52 AM

Talent wise, they are among the tops of the field. I didn't say they'd get to the Final Four, but they are a definite strong contender if they put it all together.

Bob Knight picked Pittsburgh?!?!!?

#10 User is offline   Slum 

• House Knight

Posted 21 March 2008 - 12:13 AM

Valiant effort by the Bulldogs, Xander. It looked like they had it at one point. Almost pulled off the upset.

Cornell, however, looked completely outclassed from the beginning. Not that I really expected 'em to do much against Stanford.

#11 User is offline   Optimus Prime 

• Daylight Oblivion

Posted 21 March 2008 - 01:53 AM

Duke is totally overrated, they should've lost that game. Damnit.

Kansas State looked GOOD against USC....so ends the "amazing" college career of O.J. Mayo.

#12 User is offline   paladin 

• House Knight

Posted 21 March 2008 - 02:37 AM

KState got USC into foul trouble very early.. Happens sometimes and totally changes the dynamics of the game. They also, for whatever reason since they aren't a big team, out rebounded USC 2-1. Could be the foul trouble, could be just a real bad gameplan. Either way, disappointing because USC played extremely well against top tier teams

#13 User is offline   Optimus Prime 

• Daylight Oblivion

Posted 22 March 2008 - 09:14 PM

I think the PAC 10 was a little overrated....the Big East was by far the best conference this year.

Duke is out! YES! That's what happens when you have NO inside presence and live and die by the three...hehehe.

KSU vs WIS is shaping up to be a pretty good match. I'm looking forward to the Notre Dame game...I think they have Elite 8 potential....

#14 User is offline   Slum 

• House Knight

Posted 23 March 2008 - 09:48 PM

Hell of a game between Davidson and Georgetown today! Awesome upset...never saw it coming when Davidson was down 17. That Curry(?) kid is clutch at the line.

#15 User is offline   Optimus Prime 

• Daylight Oblivion

Posted 24 March 2008 - 06:16 AM

He's got some sick "step up" ability.

I love it. Georgetown was too slow anyway. And Hibbert is such a choker...he won't add up to much in the NBA I don't think...too soft.

Carolina, Louisville, and KU look dominant so far.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users