• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

The Olympics

#1 User is offline   Raymond Luxury Yacht 

• Throatwobbler Mangrove
  • Group: Grumpy Old Sods
  • Interests:Quiet desperation and self-loathing

Posted 04 February 2008 - 10:49 PM

I realize it might be premature to start an Olympics discussion, but I was wondering if anyone gives a crap. I like the Olympics, and watch a lot of them, including sports I would never care about if it wasn't the Olympics. I just like the idea of the whole world (more or less) getting together to hold this massive event for no practical purpose other than competition.
Error: Signature not valid

#2 User is offline   Thelomen Toblerone 

• Ascendant
  • Group: Team Handsome

Posted 05 February 2008 - 10:12 AM

I love watching the boxing, especially the featherweight, it always seems to throw up a great young talent.

Other than that, Im not fond of the olympics, and I wouldnt care if they were cancelled. I just dont really find them interesting, especially the long distance running. What I hate most though is that they take up all BBC programming time for weeks, which when I was younger meant the Simpsons was cancelled every day. For the same reason, I hate tennis and snooker.

#3 User is offline   Illuyankas 

• Retro Classic
  • Group: The Hateocracy of Truth
  • Will cluck you up

Posted 05 February 2008 - 04:59 PM

What, Spot The Performance-Enhancing Druggie? That's such an easy game, it's always all of them.
Hello, soldiers, look at your mage, now back to me, now back at your mage, now back to me. Sadly, he isn’t me, but if he stopped being an unascended mortal and switched to Sole Spice, he could smell like he’s me. Look down, back up, where are you? You’re in a warren with the High Mage your cadre mage could smell like. What’s in your hand, back at me. I have it, it’s an acorn with two gates to that realm you love. Look again, the acorn is now otataral. Anything is possible when your mage smells like Sole Spice and not a Bole brother. I’m on a quorl.

#4 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 05 February 2008 - 05:17 PM

My favorite disciplines are weightlifting and the various atletics disciplines. I'm especially focused on the throws and tosses as nothing is more cool than seeing people get hit by heavy pointy things.

#5 User is offline   paladin 

• House Knight
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 05 February 2008 - 05:58 PM

Illuyankas;254072 said:

What, Spot The Performance-Enhancing Druggie? That's such an easy game, it's always all of them.

they do a fairly good job of drug screening and are very harsh on punishment.. too bad other sports arent like that

oh, and looks arent everything. banned performance-enhancing drugs are very prominent in bicycling and those guys dont look like american gladiators

#6 User is offline   Raymond Luxury Yacht 

• Throatwobbler Mangrove
  • Group: Grumpy Old Sods
  • Interests:Quiet desperation and self-loathing

Posted 05 February 2008 - 08:00 PM

Steroids are everywhere. There's no escaping them, especially when the stakes are so high. It sucks, but there's not a lot to be done about it that isn't already being done.
Error: Signature not valid

#7 User is offline   caladanbrood 

• Ugly on the Inside
  • Group: Team Quick Ben

Posted 05 February 2008 - 08:10 PM

I'm interested in the sailing and rowing, probably because we're normally quite good at them.

Otherwise, I watch the track and field stuff because it's what they show on tv the most, but I can't claim much genuine interest.
O xein', angellein Lakedaimoniois hoti têde; keimetha tois keinon rhémasi peithomenoi.

#8 User is offline   Flawed 

• Flawed
  • Interests:winning the lotto
  • Id like some peace....

Posted 05 February 2008 - 08:20 PM

I like all of it. Im such an average no talent i always love shouting at the tv urging peple on.

Shoot that clay thing, paddle that thing! etc.

The athletics is my bag,

Handsome
"I think i was a bad person before. Before this time. I do not try to be good now but i am not bad. Perhaps if i try harder i may get a better hand dealt next time? But surely that makes it pointless? Perhaps i am good. Just good at being pointless. But that would make me bad. Bad at having a point. Ah…. I see now. I was nothing before, I am nothing now. I am bad purely because im pointless. "

EQ 10

#9 User is offline   Dancer+ 

• A Driven Individual

Posted 05 February 2008 - 10:19 PM

I like the olympics in a way. I can get into it but I'll fall right back out quickly.

I remember the good old days of Jonathon Edwards and Colin Jackson. And I can only briefly and barely remember the days of Michael Johnson's world records, truly amazing.

#10 User is offline   mob16151 

• Lieutenant
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Banned Users

Posted 05 February 2008 - 10:24 PM

I like the female swim teams in the olympics.

#11 User is offline   Dancer+ 

• A Driven Individual

Posted 05 February 2008 - 10:36 PM

mob16151;254393 said:

I like the female swim teams in the olympics.

I used to like the female swim teams in the olympics. That was until a girlfriend who swam competitively poked me in the eye on purpose. Ever since that my enthuasiasm has waned.

Dancer, considers what he must do about a point he has already mentioned.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users