Malazan Empire: Crimson Guard vs. The 300 - Malazan Empire

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Crimson Guard vs. The 300

Poll: Crimson Guard vs. The 300 (77 member(s) have cast votes)

1. SPARTAAAAAAAAAAA!!! (14 votes [18.18%])

Percentage of vote: 18.18%

2. The Crimson Guard!!! (63 votes [81.82%])

Percentage of vote: 81.82%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 User is offline   The Crippled God 

• Lieutenant
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 28 January 2008 - 11:47 AM

Well how about that? The Crimson Guard vs. The Crimson-caped Spartans. Who would win in a direct clash 300 vs 300???

#2 User is offline   Zanth13 

• We are not the same
  • Group: Kings of Drink

Posted 28 January 2008 - 11:51 AM

crimson guard for the win

more bad ass, more magic, more uberness
You can't find me because I'm lost in the music

#3 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 28 January 2008 - 12:00 PM

It's not really a contest because when you say Crimson Guard you're not just talking about the mercenary company, you're expecting the avowed and probably even the prince to be there.

#4 User is offline   The Tyrant Lizard 

• First Sword

Posted 28 January 2008 - 12:09 PM

I say the Crimson Guard. Let's face it, they wouldnt never have gone out under a hail of arrows like that. And that spear beardy threw would have taken the dudes head off if it was thrown by an Avowed.
I want to die the way my dad died, peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming in terror like his passengers.

#5 User is offline   The Crippled God 

• Lieutenant

Posted 28 January 2008 - 12:20 PM

Well let's say no magic just pure combat skill. And OK The Prince vs Leonidas, but as the Spartans were in the movie....to be more equal.

#6 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 28 January 2008 - 12:54 PM

But that is not what we're saying, if you take away the essence of the Crimson Guard you just have elite soldiers, then you might aswell say the 300 against the BBs but without the munitions and mages or the navy seals without their machineguns and explosives or the carebears with out their carebearstare.

#7 User is offline   Zanth13 

• We are not the same

Posted 28 January 2008 - 01:07 PM

Aptorian;249109 said:

But that is not what we're saying, if you take away the essence of the Crimson Guard you just have elite soldiers, then you might aswell say the 300 against the BBs but without the munitions and mages or the navy seals without their machineguns and explosives or the carebears with out their carebearstare.

or x-men without the mutant powers, Chuck with out his Norris, Dirt Diggler without his 12 inch &*^#.....

Even if the mages got left behind though, you still have the super fast and skilled avowed such as Iron Bars who would rip the jaws off of a spartan just because he was bored using his sword.

EDIT: that being said I doubt the Crimson guard would come away unscathed from the movie's version of the 300....

#8 User is offline   Mcflury 

• First Sword
  • Interests:Reading, writing, partying, playing PC-games (mainly MMO's) and many more.

Posted 28 January 2008 - 01:42 PM

well, the movie version 300 is about the same as the comic version of 300, which is the way the legend was created at first... so let's just call them all 'the 300' instead of 'the movie version' or whatever other version you might believe there is.

About skill: on a full scale battle, off course the crimson guard would win, even more: they'd kill 299 of the 300 spartans, with only 1 spartan making an escape (because he was forced to flee by his leader so he could tell on the tale). That 1 spartan would later come back with 10000 spartans, and the crimson guard would be fecked :D

What matters in the crimson guard vs the 300 is the place they're fighting at... the spartans were idd very good soldiers, but they also had an impressive way of knowing where to stand in a fight in order to get the best tactical advantage. I'm not sure how good the crimson guard is at that point (probably not bad either).

Anyways, what I'm saying is: the 300 would be defeated in the end, but they'd have taken down quite a few crimson guard guys (and quite a lot of the crimson guard's best too) so that the crimson guard would howl in terror at the sight of 10k other spartans, would get demoralised that much they just sort of throw down their weapons. And during all that war the 300 would've proven that whatever god the crimson guard believes in is not immortal at all (since that's what Leonidas did prove by throwing the spear into the ear of the persian king: the persian king could bleed, and thus was not immortal).

EDIT: I still voted the spartans would win, since at the end, they always win what they start :) (don't forget, the 300 was just some royal bodyguard, not an entire army... so an entire army of the spartans would have been able to defeat the crimson guard... magic or not (because the spartans also had gods, and the elders they could bribe and at the end magic just wouldn't have had any effect on the spartans because their basic training makes them kind of ascendant :) ) )
"There is no struggle too vast no odds too overwhelming for even should we fail, should we fall, we will know that we have lived" - Anomander Rake
(From Toll the Hounds by Steven Erikson)

#9 User is offline   The Tyrant Lizard 

• First Sword

Posted 28 January 2008 - 01:55 PM

Iron Bars and Corporal Blues could have held that pass against the Persians on their own. Held it - not lost it like the 300 did.
I want to die the way my dad died, peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming in terror like his passengers.

#10 User is offline   Zanth13 

• We are not the same

Posted 28 January 2008 - 02:02 PM

The Tyrant Lizard;249129 said:

Iron Bars and Corporal Blues could have held that pass against the Persians on their own. Held it - not lost it like the 300 did.

yeah what he said...

and skinner would have done it by himself...

If you kept numbers even 300 for 300, 10000 for 10000 Spartans would get wasted hands down...but thats to be expected when they are based of slightly more believable characters...they are still just pretty much have human limitations and the crimson gaurd dont (or at least allot of them dont)

#11 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 28 January 2008 - 03:11 PM

It sort of depends how many Avowed are available though, I doubt more than a few handfull of avowed remain. Iron Bars seemed to be the only Avowed in the group on Lether.

I could imagine that the Avowed lead groups of mortal men, serving as the inspiration for their cause.

#12 User is offline   Tattooed Hand 

• High Fist

Posted 28 January 2008 - 04:04 PM

you mean that Skinner would hold the pass against that weird motley crew of monsters, freaks, and body piercing addicts that were mislabeled as Persians...

#13 User is offline   The Crippled God 

• Lieutenant

Posted 28 January 2008 - 04:12 PM

Well how about just 300 vs 300 not the whole crimson guard.... And the magic...well, if we compare a magic skilled army with a ordinary one, the result would be foretold. The question is weather the Crimson could kick the ass of the 300 if they were equal numbered?

#14 User is offline   amphibian 

• Ribbit
  • Interests:Hopping around

Posted 28 January 2008 - 04:21 PM

The Crippled God;249205 said:

Well how about just 300 vs 300 not the whole crimson guard.... And the magic...well, if we compare a magic skilled army with a ordinary one, the result would be foretold. The question is weather the Crimson could kick the ass of the 300 if they were equal numbered?

Who's got the high ground?

I hate these polls or contests.
I survived the Permian and all I got was this t-shirt.

#15 User is offline   The Crippled God 

• Lieutenant

Posted 28 January 2008 - 04:44 PM

No one, I said equal. On a plain ground.

#16 User is offline   amphibian 

• Ribbit
  • Interests:Hopping around

Posted 28 January 2008 - 05:24 PM

The Crippled God;249226 said:

No one, I said equal. On a plain ground.

My question was rhetorical. There's no point in doing these polls - other than determining which group has the greater fan-boy love.
I survived the Permian and all I got was this t-shirt.

#17 User is offline   Mcflury 

• First Sword
  • Interests:Reading, writing, partying, playing PC-games (mainly MMO's) and many more.

Posted 28 January 2008 - 05:44 PM

well, there is a point, but none commonly made...
the point in this kind of polls is that people would start to write certain ways the battle could go, just to prove a certain team wins...
So I could write a story about the 300 building a wall of dead bodies and then flip it over on top of the charging crimson guards, the next attack of the crimson guard would be fought on slippery ground and then the battle can go any freaking way.

so these pools could be very intresting :)
"There is no struggle too vast no odds too overwhelming for even should we fail, should we fall, we will know that we have lived" - Anomander Rake
(From Toll the Hounds by Steven Erikson)

#18 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 28 January 2008 - 06:19 PM

No need to write, here's an actual depiction of the legendary battle, notice Prince Kazz is cheating, that bastard.

[attachment=8718:Crimson Guard vs 300.bmp]

This post has been edited by Aptorian: 26 September 2009 - 04:55 PM

#19 User is offline   Nequam 

• High Fist

Posted 28 January 2008 - 06:51 PM

Mcflury;249126 said:

well, the movie version 300 is about the same as the comic version of 300, which is the way the legend was created at first... so let's just call them all 'the 300' instead of 'the movie version' or whatever other version you might believe there is.

Well, there is the 'what actually happened in real life' version that I like. :)
They did pretty good for themselves but not cool-like as seen in the movies/comic.

Either way, how the heck could any warriors based out of our world beat the Crimson Guard? It just can't happen.

#20 User is offline   Optimus Prime 

• Daylight Oblivion
  • Interests:Ranting and Raving. Being the biggest Liberal on this forum. Arguing with Cold Iron (and winning). Writing (struggling right now), reading, Georgia Bulldog FOOTBALL!<br /><br />And the lades, of course, always the ladies ;)

Posted 28 January 2008 - 09:30 PM

Spartans all the way.

We definitely have better abs :)

Share this topic:

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users