Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Looking for a bit of research help!

#1 User is offline   Gothos 

• Map painting expert
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 25 January 2008 - 04:47 PM

I'm to write an essay on the place of Greece and Iran in soviet expansion plans, however I'm having large difficulties obtaining good sources on the greek part of the essay.
I'm guessing that the issue in question is the works of ELAS and forces associated with it and the greek civil war that took place near the end of WWII and right after it, iirc. I'm looking for some sort of documents or essays touching the issue of ELAS's cooperation or contacts with the Soviet Union to give it some flesh beside what I could write in the essay myself based on WWII history and personal oppinion.
also, buying books is quite out of the question, it's a rather short notice and besides it's not a 100 page essay, but a 12 page one, so.
Thanks in advance for any information and tips.
It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; because there is not effort without error and shortcomings; but who does actually strive to do the deed; who knows the great enthusiasm, the great devotion, who spends himself in a worthy cause, who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement and who at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly. So that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat.

#2 User is offline   Coco with marshmallows 

• DIIIIIIIIIIVVVEEEEE
  • Group: LHTEC

Posted 25 January 2008 - 08:14 PM

it's only basic tourist level info, but here:

http://www.athensinf...decemvriana.htm

or:
http://wiki.phantis....Greek_Civil_War
for a little more in depth,
hopefully that'll help flesh out what you've got a little.

If not, just make stuff up and reference some Greek authors and claim that the stuff has never been translated out of the Greek language (hint - don't use the name Homer, it might get spotted)

good luck
meh. Link was dead :(

#3 User is offline   Vengeance 

• High Priest of Shinrei Love and Worship
  • Group: Administrators
  • very good...;)

Posted 25 January 2008 - 08:46 PM

I don't know if this is helpful or not....

http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/lib...rt/1985/KJC.htm

At the end of the Paper is a bunch of other books that the author used for the paper and if the paper it's self doesn't help you then maybe you can find some of the books at a your local library.

It has some good information in it....Good luck
How many fucking people do I have to hammer in order to get that across.
Hinter - Vengy - DIE. I trusted you you bastard!!!!!!!

Steven Erikson made drowning in alien cum possible - Obdigore

#4 User is offline   Dag 

• Burninating poodles since 1996

Posted 25 January 2008 - 09:09 PM

The 25 lectures on modern Balkan history by Steven W. Sowards will provide you only with basic information, but I think they are a quotable source for this kind of essay (look at Lectures 20, 21 and 22).

Maybe also these articles http://www.globalsec...d/war/greek.htm and http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/lib...rt/1985/KJC.htm might help, or the one from historynet.com

Good luck! :)

#5 User is offline   Gothos 

• Map painting expert

Posted 27 January 2008 - 08:44 PM

thank a bunch guys, helped me a lot! cheers :-)
It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; because there is not effort without error and shortcomings; but who does actually strive to do the deed; who knows the great enthusiasm, the great devotion, who spends himself in a worthy cause, who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement and who at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly. So that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users