• You cannot reply to this topic

In lieu of the prologue

• Group: Unregistered / Not Logged In

Posted 28 December 2007 - 02:12 AM

Posted Image

#2 User is offline   Silencer 

• Manipulating Special Data
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Malazan Book of the Fallen series.
    Computer Game Design.
    Programming.

Posted 28 December 2007 - 05:29 AM

Sooooooooooo......I'm assuming Scillara or Felisin?
By SE?
And that the title of this post means we will be getting the Prologue soon, or that getting the prologue has been delayed? (most likely the latter, given the word's definition)

Still....cool.

Shinrei said:

<Vote Silencer> For not garnering any heat or any love for that matter. And I'm being serious here, it's like a mental block that is there, and you just keep forgetting it.

#3 User is offline   Shiara 

• High Scribe of Team Quick Ben
  • Group: Team Quick Ben

Posted 28 December 2007 - 05:36 AM

I'm guessing Scillara. She's got a knowing look and a cynical twist to her mouth. She looks older than Felisin Younger. Also the hand on the belly is a pregnant thing - not sure why. Her bellybutton is pushed out too B)

Great work - I didn't like it at first, not really my style, but the more I look at it the more it grows on me :D
*casting the shaved knuckle*

#4 User is offline   Illuyankas 

• Retro Classic
  • Group: The Hateocracy of Truth
  • Will cluck you up

Posted 28 December 2007 - 05:36 AM

I'm going to guess Felisin Fatter. And again, nice work.

EDIT: Hmm, I based my guess on the fact she looks more fat than pregnant, and the extravagant background, but now I'm not so sure! GAH!
Hello, soldiers, look at your mage, now back to me, now back at your mage, now back to me. Sadly, he isn’t me, but if he stopped being an unascended mortal and switched to Sole Spice, he could smell like he’s me. Look down, back up, where are you? You’re in a warren with the High Mage your cadre mage could smell like. What’s in your hand, back at me. I have it, it’s an acorn with two gates to that realm you love. Look again, the acorn is now otataral. Anything is possible when your mage smells like Sole Spice and not a Bole brother. I’m on a quorl.

#5 User is offline   Shiara 

Posted 28 December 2007 - 05:39 AM

Illuyankas;237447 said:

I'm going to guess Felisin Fatter. And again, nice work.

EDIT: Hmm, I based my guess on the fact she looks more fat than pregnant, and the extravagant background, but now I'm not so sure! GAH!

It's the rolls on her side that put you off, right? Considering they didn't have much in the way of food when they were travelling, she'd have been putting on weight at the front but probably not much fat... I could also be completely wrong, never having had a baby myself B)

#6 User is offline   caladanbrood 

• Ugly on the Inside

Posted 28 December 2007 - 08:43 AM

If it's Scillara, then the background is wrong, because her pregnancy was just when she was travelling with Cutter, Heboric and Felisin... no fancy surroundings around there;)

Awesome pic though:D
O xein', angellein Lakedaimoniois hoti têde; keimetha tois keinon rhémasi peithomenoi.

#7 User is offline   Flawed 

• Flawed
  • Group: Team Handsome
  • Interests:winning the lotto
  • Id like some peace....

Posted 28 December 2007 - 08:47 AM

Blatantly Felisin. Shes fat in opulence, looks slightly haggard and is smoking a pipe.

Oh! Im not sure now!
"I think i was a bad person before. Before this time. I do not try to be good now but i am not bad. Perhaps if i try harder i may get a better hand dealt next time? But surely that makes it pointless? Perhaps i am good. Just good at being pointless. But that would make me bad. Bad at having a point. Ah…. I see now. I was nothing before, I am nothing now. I am bad purely because im pointless. "

EQ 10

#8 User is offline   Lord of Salvation 

• Fist
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 28 December 2007 - 08:57 AM

It is Scillara people do you know how I know this?

Edit
any chance you post others?

#9 User is offline   Flawed 

• Flawed
  • Id like some peace....

Posted 28 December 2007 - 09:05 AM

do tell!
"I think i was a bad person before. Before this time. I do not try to be good now but i am not bad. Perhaps if i try harder i may get a better hand dealt next time? But surely that makes it pointless? Perhaps i am good. Just good at being pointless. But that would make me bad. Bad at having a point. Ah…. I see now. I was nothing before, I am nothing now. I am bad purely because im pointless. "

EQ 10

#10 User is offline   Lord of Salvation 

• Fist

Posted 28 December 2007 - 09:18 AM

haha simple, what is the picture saved as?

#11 User is offline   Flawed 

• Flawed
  • Id like some peace....

Posted 28 December 2007 - 09:25 AM

Lord of Salvation;237470 said:

haha simple, what is the picture saved as?

Blush, hangs head in shame and moves foot around in 4 year old just been told off fashion.

Ill get my coat.

EQ 10

• Group: Unregistered / Not Logged In

Posted 28 December 2007 - 10:59 AM

Steven Erikson said:

Chaos at Transworld has prevented the prologue's release before Christmas. In lieu of that I'm
sending another painting for the site ...this one of Scillara in her typical non-politically correct condition.

Also, anyone who is thinking about mentioning the lopsided breasts is encouraged to note that 'in the real un-augmented world, gravity exists.' B)

#13 User is offline   Malaclypse 

• Banned User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Banned Users

Posted 28 December 2007 - 11:04 AM

caladanbrood;237461 said:

If it's Scillara, then the background is wrong, because her pregnancy was just when she was travelling with Cutter, Heboric and Felisin... no fancy surroundings around there;)

Awesome pic though:D

This phenomenon is commonly referred to as 'artistic license' B)

#14 User is offline   Flawed 

• Flawed
  • Id like some peace....

Posted 28 December 2007 - 11:09 AM

So do you have any actual dates Hetan or is it just guess work? We should run a sweep stake!

My guess.

Jan 21st 2008

WITNESS!

EQ 10

#15 User is offline   caladanbrood 

• Ugly on the Inside

Posted 28 December 2007 - 11:21 AM

Malaclypse;237484 said:

This phenomenon is commonly referred to as 'artistic license' B)

*dies a little inside*:D
O xein', angellein Lakedaimoniois hoti têde; keimetha tois keinon rhémasi peithomenoi.

#16 User is offline   Spindrift 

• ###
  • Group: Malazan Artist

Posted 28 December 2007 - 11:44 AM

great B)
it's weird and cool seeing an authors (visual) depiction of his own characters. I can't think of any other non-comic book writer who does this sort of thing.

#17 User is offline   Dancer+ 

• A Driven Individual

Posted 28 December 2007 - 11:55 AM

interesting, very interesting.

#18 User is offline   Shiara 

Posted 29 December 2007 - 04:56 AM

caladanbrood;237486 said:

*dies a little inside*B)

*points finger and laughs at brood*

*...nicely* :angel:

#19 User is offline   Illuyankas 

• Retro Classic
  • Group: The Hateocracy of Truth
  • Will cluck you up

Posted 29 December 2007 - 05:42 AM

I refuse to let mere facts dissuade me.
Hello, soldiers, look at your mage, now back to me, now back at your mage, now back to me. Sadly, he isn’t me, but if he stopped being an unascended mortal and switched to Sole Spice, he could smell like he’s me. Look down, back up, where are you? You’re in a warren with the High Mage your cadre mage could smell like. What’s in your hand, back at me. I have it, it’s an acorn with two gates to that realm you love. Look again, the acorn is now otataral. Anything is possible when your mage smells like Sole Spice and not a Bole brother. I’m on a quorl.

#20 User is offline   Lord of Salvation 

• Fist

Posted 29 December 2007 - 07:54 AM

Hetan;237483 said:

Also, anyone who is thinking about mentioning the lopsided breasts is encouraged to note that 'in the real un-augmented world, gravity exists.' B)

I think guys should know this just as well, we see the effects of gravity everyday lol.

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users