Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Managerial Mayhem

#1 User is offline   caladanbrood 

• Ugly on the Inside
  • Group: Team Quick Ben

Posted 30 November 2007 - 05:45 PM

So who do people reckon for the new English, Scottish and Irish bosses?

Mourinho seems to have emerged as front-runner for the England job, though why he would want it is beyond me. It would, of course, mean Fat Frank was first on the team list for every game, and this is the perfect opportunity for England to experiment, with no tournament to play for at least 3 years, so I would be against him getting the job.
Harry Redknapp reckons that being arrested in this corruption affair has ruined his chances, and I tend to agree - the FA are too image-conscious to offer him the job. Which is ironic, considering the image they normally manage to project...
Others in the frame include Alan Shearer, which would be hilarious - he might make a good assistant, but definitely not a Head Coach. Cappello might be a good choice, though his football style is far too negetive for my liking, and I imagine he'd stick with the established players too. Steve Coppell has worked wonders at Reading, but I think any English manager would have a tough time getting the job, considering what happened once the FA went english again after they got rid of Sven.

I must admit I'm a little suprised that McLeish left - if he went, I expected him to at least go to a good team, but I suppose Birmingham just offered him too much money. Garry McAllister has ruled himself out, but that doesn't seem like too much of a loss, his managerial experience is very thin on the ground, and Coventry didn't manage anything with him in charge, I don't think. Moyes would have been a much better prospect, but he's got far bigger fish to fry.

As for the Irish... I have no idea about the situation, but I hear the Finland manager, Roy Hodgson, resigned, and they might be looking at him;) Maybe they'll try for Roy Keane, though I can't see him leaving Sunderland at the moment.

Thoughts?
O xein', angellein Lakedaimoniois hoti têde; keimetha tois keinon rhémasi peithomenoi.

#2 User is offline   Coco with marshmallows 

• DIIIIIIIIIIVVVEEEEE
  • Group: LHTEC

Posted 01 December 2007 - 01:33 AM

tbh, it was no surprise Mcleish left. in fact, we were all expecting it up here.

as for me, i'd love to see the job go to Souness. seriously. just the thought of the possibility of him doing at wembley with a lion rampant what he did in Galatassaray with the club flag is enough to make me happy.

which is good, because it'll never happen.

but i'd still like to see Souness in the job.

to be honest, except for a couple of friendlies next May, the Scotland (and, by extension England & Ireland) manager has nothing to do till September next year. I can't see Shearer doing the England job. the man has precisely ZERO managerial experience for god's sake. England as his first job? that's not even a poisoned chalice, that's bloody lunacy.

It might seem cheeky, but the (english) FA could do a lot worse than throw money at him to lure Zico. granted he's with Fenerbahce at the moment, but he has a proven track record of getting great results with average talent (look at Japan). imagine what he could do with the England squad.
meh. Link was dead :(

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users