Malazan Empire: Kruppe Vs Iskaral Pust - Malazan Empire

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Kruppe Vs Iskaral Pust

Poll: Kruppe Vs Iskaral Pust (132 member(s) have cast votes)

1. Iskaral Pust (53 votes [40.15%])

Percentage of vote: 40.15%

2. Kruppe (79 votes [59.85%])

Percentage of vote: 59.85%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 User is offline   Fiddler 

• Fiddler
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 04 December 2007 - 02:51 AM

Kruppe wins imho, just for the fact that he has more compassion as demonstrated by his treatment of the Mhybe (a character I hated intensely) although Pust has scads more comic relief, he's prolly gonna turn out to be Kellanved's cousin or brother or something, and has magic backing him up along with ST, so Kruppe wins on sheer balls alone, his stand against Caladan Brood anyone?

#22 User is offline   tharinock 

• Captain

Posted 04 December 2007 - 03:57 AM

remember, Kruppe does have K'rul backing him, although not quite the same as Pust and ST. and he knew that Brood would not hurt him or his mule, he was proving a point that you should never underestimate him o matter how modestly he understates his genius. in the end, Kruppe FTW.

#23 User is offline   blewin 

• High Fist

Posted 04 December 2007 - 10:02 AM

I wish there's a third and fourth options for "equal" or "undecided", but since there isn't one, I'll go with Kruppe. He... um, seems more sane than Pust. ;)

as for the real showdown that Erikson has hinted at, I think, per true Erikson style, will be very different from general anticipation.

#24 User is offline   Dragnipur 

• Corporal

Posted 20 December 2007 - 09:45 PM

I went for Kruppe as I think he has more raw power. Although I just realised that what do you mean by who will win? Surely these are the two most cunning out of all the characters? If it were a match of wits I couldn't say. Iskaral's insanity seems pretty cunning, almost like Kruppes 'stupidness' but not quite the same.

Not that any of that made sense.

#25 User is offline   Nequam 

• High Fist

Posted 21 December 2007 - 01:00 AM

I voted for Kruppe simply for the fact that I don't think Steve could have someone beat Kruppe in a showdown. It seems to be his favorite character IMO.
Although because of the lack of knowledge on what type of showdown this will be I was undecided for a little while. If they were to actually fight I think I would go with Pust. Though Kruppe is pretty much the smartest man in their plane of exisitance. So I'm sure he'll think of something, or more likely have already planned on it happening and therefore thoroughly prepared.
Not to mention that K'Rul seems to like Kruppe quite a lot. When you have an Elder God on your side I think you'd be pretty safe.

...Then again, Pust has the patron god of fricken assassins on his, not to mention the trickster that is Shadowthrone.

#26 User is offline   Urb 

• Emperor
  • View gallery
  • Group: Malazan Artist

Posted 21 December 2007 - 07:46 PM

Leading his sleeping mule with one hand, the other clutching a sweetcake, the fat daru stumbled hastily onwards. A most dreadful occurence was imminent. He had little time to loose.

Suddenly the mule jerked on the reins, making Kruppe tumble backwards and roll around in the dirt. 'Foul beast! You must follow worthy self-' 'Hihihi. Look at the fat little man. Barely capable of climbing up on his own feet.'

The Daru fixed his eyes on the newcomer. 'Most unfortunate. Worthy Kruppe is now very nervous. My good sir, you must-' Iskaral Pust flinched back, 'He is mad. Nothing worthy in this pitiful creature. Should I make him aware of this? A viciously derisive comment would be fitting indeed. Just look at those wide eyes, rimmed by sweat and-'

'ENOUGH!!' Kruppe's high pitched shriek sent the High priest jumping back, eyes wide and mouth moving without eliciting words. A most attentive presence was now in the fat man's eyes, feverish and almost pleading. 'You must not let this happen. I will not let you.'

As he was uttering these words, his eyes were darting between his own and the High priest's mule. The two beasts were now converging, one sleepwalking, the other, Kruppe was perturbed to see, somehow smiling.

Iskaral Pust planted his feet between Kruppe and the two mules. A new voice, calm and calculated, 'It is unevitable. Stand back, or I will strike you down.' 'You think me powerless? I have powers at my disposal that could...' A burgeouning smile on Pust's face answered the daru's confused expression. 'Yes, you see? A sideeffect of the ritual. To stop them now, you will have to physically owerpower me.'

With another feverish shriek, Kruppe launched himself on the High Priest of Shadow.

The following scene would later decorate the wall of a small tavern in the slum of Darujistan in the form of an intricate tapestry. On it could be seen a squat mage in a fierce slap-fight with a balding scrawny High priest of Shadow. Fighting like would pampered women, faces averted, eyes closed, hands moving in a parody of a childrens' clapping game. And in the background, two mules in the act of a clumsy mating ritual. The artwork had been aptly named: 'The beginning of the end.'

The following sorcerous explosion gave birth to a gigantic crater. And in the middle of this bowl, dust was slowly settling around the miraculously unscathed fighters, who were lying sprawled at the feet of a tusked, green-skinned aparition. Icarium then spoke, in a whisper, 'I remember. I remember everything.'

Kruppe raised himself up on his knees, and with arms outstretched, he unleashed a girlish scream towards the heavens. 'NOOOOOOOOOOO....'
The leader, his audience still,
considered their scholarly will.
He lowered his head
and with anguish he said,
"But how will we teach them to kill?"

-some poet on reddit

#27 User is offline   tharinock 

• Captain

Posted 22 December 2007 - 02:23 AM

lol, nice. have rep.

#28 User is offline   Silencer 

• Manipulating Special Data
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Malazan Book of the Fallen series.
    Computer Game Design.
    Programming.

Posted 24 December 2007 - 03:40 AM

Definately a 'lol' moment. More rep!

Shinrei said:

<Vote Silencer> For not garnering any heat or any love for that matter. And I'm being serious here, it's like a mental block that is there, and you just keep forgetting it.

#29 User is offline   Gibby 

• Recruit

Posted 01 January 2008 - 07:45 PM

Vengeance;225818 said:

I say Kruppe, For the same reason as the Tyrant....Plus do you people really think that a showdown between the two biggest talkers is going to involve magic. The are going to talk to themselves and to each other all at once. It will be epic....A violent clash of the rapidly spoken word...

-Vengeance all about the violent clash of the rapidly spoken word...

Does the winner have a face off w/ Tehol and Bugg?:heyhey:

#30 User is offline   kage 

• Lieutenant

Posted 11 January 2008 - 04:00 PM

i pick Pust, i mean, he could possiby call out the Hounds on kruppe, so, yeah

#31 User is offline   Dancer+ 

• A Driven Individual
  • Group: Team Handsome

Posted 12 January 2008 - 01:08 PM

kage;241764 said:

i pick Pust, i mean, he could possiby call out the Hounds on kruppe, so, yeah

No way, Pust couldn't call the hounds out on Kruppe unless he had Shadowthrone's express permission, and Shadowthrone hates Pust :D his inclusion in HHS is merely expediency.

#32 User is offline   The Crippled God 

• Lieutenant

Posted 21 January 2008 - 12:47 PM

Iskaral Pust of course. He is the High Priest of the Shadow after all!

#33 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 21 January 2008 - 01:04 PM

I think he's actually has the tittle of Magi of Shadow right now, which makes him even more pawntastic.

#34 User is offline   Flawed 

• Flawed
  • Group: Team Handsome
  • Interests:winning the lotto
  • Id like some peace....

Posted 21 January 2008 - 01:06 PM

More nodding solemly,

Apt is of course right. It would be a close call but i would have to bet on Pust. Mainly due to his comic value.
"I think i was a bad person before. Before this time. I do not try to be good now but i am not bad. Perhaps if i try harder i may get a better hand dealt next time? But surely that makes it pointless? Perhaps i am good. Just good at being pointless. But that would make me bad. Bad at having a point. Ah…. I see now. I was nothing before, I am nothing now. I am bad purely because im pointless. "

EQ 10

#35 User is offline   The Crippled God 

• Lieutenant

Posted 21 January 2008 - 01:37 PM

Non solem sed etiam - not only, but that also, as romans used to say :rolleyes: Pust is a unique character indeed.

#36 User is offline   Sendintank 

• Grunt

Posted 25 January 2008 - 07:51 PM

in my meager opinion it has to be kruppe. i just cannot get away from the fact that he withstood a blow from Brood's hammer, which can destroy the world of course.:)

#37 User is offline   blewin 

• High Fist

Posted 17 July 2008 - 02:37 AM

kind of right... Krupper the ever slippery eel!

#38 User is offline   Silencer 

• Manipulating Special Data
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Malazan Book of the Fallen series.
    Computer Game Design.
    Programming.

Posted 17 July 2008 - 05:47 AM

TTH Spoiler:

Spoiler

Shinrei said:

<Vote Silencer> For not garnering any heat or any love for that matter. And I'm being serious here, it's like a mental block that is there, and you just keep forgetting it.

#39 User is offline   Raymond Luxury Yacht 

• Throatwobbler Mangrove
  • Group: Grumpy Old Sods
  • Interests:Quiet desperation and self-loathing

Posted 18 July 2008 - 09:58 AM

Haven't finished TtH yet, but my money is on Kruppe. He's waaaay more powerful than he's been shown to be. Not that Pust is weak, I just think Kruppe is secretly made of pudgy win.
Error: Signature not valid

#40 User is offline   Terez 

• High Analyst of TQB
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:WWQBD?
  • WoT Fangirl, Rank Traitor

Posted 18 July 2008 - 03:39 PM

I haven't finished TtH yet, but my money's on Kruppe. Pust may be the Magus of High House Shadow...but K'rul comes to Kruppe for advice...

The President (2012) said:

Please proceed, Governor.

Chris Christie (2016) said:

There it is.

Elizabeth Warren (2020) said:

And no, I’m not talking about Donald Trump. I’m talking about Mayor Bloomberg.

Share this topic:

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users