• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

new limited edition omnibus

#21 User is offline   ch'arlz 

• Lo-Fi Version
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 01 March 2008 - 07:25 PM

In defense of PS Publishing, I have to believe this is an isolated event. I've placed several orders and have had nothing but good communication and prompt delivery from them. I'd urge you not to let your "need" overcome giving business to a small family-run publisher.
Shaken, not stirred.

#22 User is offline   caladanbrood 

• Ugly on the Inside
  • Group: Team Quick Ben

Posted 01 March 2008 - 07:40 PM

In further defence, they're a publishers, and not even a very big one, with a very small number of actual employees. Most of the mail they have is dealt with by Pete Crowther himself, and the website is not automated in regards to notifications or anything like that. To avoid having to actually spend 100% of their time emailing people, they just responds to direct queries, I believe, which is perfectly understandable. If they're getting fucked around by the printer, this is hardly their fault. I urge everyone to continue to buy from their site - you get very friendly and personal service.

Who's to say it didn't get lost in the post or something Astra? Try not be so quick to judge.
O xein', angellein Lakedaimoniois hoti têde; keimetha tois keinon rhémasi peithomenoi.

#23 User is offline   Optimus Prime 

• Daylight Oblivion
  • Interests:Ranting and Raving. Being the biggest Liberal on this forum. Arguing with Cold Iron (and winning). Writing (struggling right now), reading, Georgia Bulldog FOOTBALL!<br /><br />And the lades, of course, always the ladies ;)

Posted 01 March 2008 - 07:42 PM

Yeah. When I ordered my signed copy of Reaper's Gale from "The Signed Page" website, it took forever. At first I was very angry, but then realized that it got lost in the mail.....very frustrating but not their fault.

#24 User is offline   Astra 

• Sony Reader PRS-650

Posted 01 March 2008 - 07:53 PM

caladanbrood;266536 said:

Who's to say it didn't get lost in the post or something Astra? Try not be so quick to judge.

Even if it got lost in the mail, I am not happy how they handled the situation in the first place. I have been waiting for almost 2 weeks for a book before I started to complain. Since then they had plenty of time to update their website and point out that the book is currently out of stock. They didn't bother. So, even if the book got lost now, I am not a happy customer.

ch'arlz

your "need" overcome giving business to a small family-run publisher

I don't care in the slightest about big vs small businesses issue. I only care about businesses that provide me with the best service.
Only Two Things Are Infinite, The Universe and Human Stupidity, and I'm Not Sure About The Former.
Albert Einstein

#25 User is offline   Optimus Prime 

• Daylight Oblivion
  • Interests:Ranting and Raving. Being the biggest Liberal on this forum. Arguing with Cold Iron (and winning). Writing (struggling right now), reading, Georgia Bulldog FOOTBALL!<br /><br />And the lades, of course, always the ladies ;)

Posted 01 March 2008 - 07:57 PM

I've never heard anything bad about them Astra, so maybe it's a freak accident?

#26 User is offline   Astra 

• Sony Reader PRS-650

Posted 01 March 2008 - 07:59 PM

Maybe...
It just doesn't work for me :p
Only Two Things Are Infinite, The Universe and Human Stupidity, and I'm Not Sure About The Former.
Albert Einstein

#27 User is offline   Optimus Prime 

• Daylight Oblivion

Posted 01 March 2008 - 08:00 PM

Understand. But there are much worse things that can happen. Put it in perspective!

:cool:

#28 User is offline   Astra 

• Sony Reader PRS-650

Posted 01 March 2008 - 08:02 PM

LOL.
Sure :p

I am uploading a few pics of Mexican who prepared cocktails for me in Vienna :p
Have a look at cocktail topic in 10 minutes :p
Albert Einstein

#29 User is offline   caladanbrood 

• Ugly on the Inside
  • Group: Team Quick Ben

Posted 01 March 2008 - 08:08 PM

astra_lestat;266564 said:

Maybe...
It just doesn't work for me :p

He's right, they clearly single you out for bad service specifically because they hate you:rolleyes:

Still, your loss, the vast majority of their stuff is available only though their site.

I get bad service from Amazon all the time, incidentally. I suppose I should just boycott them too.
O xein', angellein Lakedaimoniois hoti têde; keimetha tois keinon rhémasi peithomenoi.

#30 User is offline   Astra 

• Sony Reader PRS-650

Posted 01 March 2008 - 08:17 PM

caladanbrood;266573 said:

He's right, they clearly single you out for bad service specifically because they hate you:rolleyes:

Still, your loss, the vast majority of their stuff is available only though their site.

I get bad service from Amazon all the time, incidentally. I suppose I should just boycott them too.

Well, common sense suggests me to use whatever website that serves me well. I never had any problems with Amazon. I really like this Amazon. However, the first time I tried to use PS Publishers, they failed me.
Albert Einstein

#31 User is offline   Astra 

• Sony Reader PRS-650

Posted 03 March 2008 - 11:09 AM

I promised to tell you when I receive the book.
So, I do it now. I received the book today.
Have not seen it yet, I was delivered to my wife's college.

Amazon is still out of stock, although it costs 7 pounds less.
It is up to you to decide where to order it :(
Albert Einstein

#32 User is offline   elcreative 

• Recruit

Posted 09 May 2008 - 11:04 PM

Astra;267576 said:

I promised to tell you when I receive the book.
So, I do it now. I received the book today.
Have not seen it yet, I was delivered to my wife's college.

Amazon is still out of stock, although it costs 7 pounds less.
It is up to you to decide where to order it :D

Amazon is always out of stock of PS Publishing products... they get a few in initially for pre-release orders (and usually charge a special stocking fee) and then list as out-of-stock. You are better off clicking on the "used & new" button and buying from the third party dealers via Amazon... try AnotherWorldSF or The Badlands for example.
Personally, I never buy from Amazon themselves, always go Used & New route... usually cheaper and better service.

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users