• « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Competition thread

#241 User is offline   kcf 

• High Fist
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 03 August 2009 - 08:10 PM

I don't do giveaways at the blog very often, but when I do, I'll announce them here.

Right now I have 5 autographed copies of The Winds of Dune by Brian Herbert and Kevin J. Anderson up for grabs. Instructions at the blog (and the pun that made me want to do the giveaway).

#242 User is offline   pat5150 

• D'ivers

Posted 21 August 2009 - 05:37 PM

Head on out to the Hotlist for the chance of winning a full set of US ARCs for James Barclay's The Chronicles of the Raven and more. . . :)

Patrick
For book reviews, author interviews, giveaways, related articles and news, and much more, check out www.fantasyhotlist.blogspot.com

#243 User is offline   Deornoth 

• High Fist

Posted 24 August 2009 - 11:20 AM

I've got copies of Steven Erikson's 'Dust of Dreams' to give away, on the blog, if you fancy a go (UK entrants only though...) Have a click Here if you want in!

#244 User is offline   Deornoth 

• High Fist

Posted 30 August 2009 - 11:54 AM

I've got three copies of Mike Carey's 'The Naming of the Beasts' to give away (only if you're living in the UK or Europe though...) Have a click right Here if you fancy a go!

#245 User is offline   pat5150 

• D'ivers

Posted 29 September 2009 - 03:43 PM

Hey guys!

I have five copies of the UK edition of Songs of the Dying Earth up for grabs. It may not be the limited edition, but it's still a cool prize! :D

And if you scroll down, there are quite a few other contests to choose from!

Check the blog for the details. . . :p

Patrick
For book reviews, author interviews, giveaways, related articles and news, and much more, check out www.fantasyhotlist.blogspot.com

#246 User is offline   Salt-Man Z 

• My pen halts, though I do not
  • View gallery

Posted 29 September 2009 - 04:16 PM

View Postpat5150, on 29 September 2009 - 03:43 PM, said:

I have five copies of the UK edition of Songs of the Dying Earth up for grabs.

Dang it, this will be the third time I've entered a drawing for this book on your blog.

I DEMAND SATISFACTION.
"Here is light. You will say that it is not a living entity, but you miss the point that it is more, not less. Without occupying space, it fills the universe. It nourishes everything, yet itself feeds upon destruction. We claim to control it, but does it not perhaps cultivate us as a source of food? May it not be that all wood grows so that it can be set ablaze, and that men and women are born to kindle fires?"
―Gene Wolfe, The Citadel of the Autarch

#247 User is offline   Fist Gamet 

• Mortal Sword
  • Interests:Writing, reading, writing, climbing, writing, scuba diving and writing (not at the same time)

Posted 01 October 2009 - 04:38 PM

:Oops: Um, Pat, I haven't yet entered any of your comps but I want to. What exactly are "the same rules as always"?
Victory is mine!

#248 User is offline   Salt-Man Z 

• My pen halts, though I do not
  • View gallery

Posted 01 October 2009 - 05:13 PM

Sigh. From Pat's "Dying Earth" competition:

The rules are the same as usual. You need to send an email at reviews@(no-spam)gryphonwood.net with the header "DYING." Remember to remove the "no spam" thingy.

Second, your email must contain your full mailing address (that's snail mail!), otherwise your message will be deleted.

Lastly, multiple entries will disqualify whoever sends them. And please include your screen name and the message boards that you frequent using it, if you do hang out on a particular MB.

This is posted on every single competition entry; the only thing that ever changes is the required header text.
"Here is light. You will say that it is not a living entity, but you miss the point that it is more, not less. Without occupying space, it fills the universe. It nourishes everything, yet itself feeds upon destruction. We claim to control it, but does it not perhaps cultivate us as a source of food? May it not be that all wood grows so that it can be set ablaze, and that men and women are born to kindle fires?"
―Gene Wolfe, The Citadel of the Autarch

#249 User is offline   Fist Gamet 

• Mortal Sword
  • Interests:Writing, reading, writing, climbing, writing, scuba diving and writing (not at the same time)

Posted 01 October 2009 - 09:52 PM

View PostSalt-Man Z, on 01 October 2009 - 05:13 PM, said:

Sigh. From Pat's "Dying Earth" competition:

The rules are the same as usual. You need to send an email at reviews@(no-spam)gryphonwood.net with the header "DYING." Remember to remove the "no spam" thingy.

Second, your email must contain your full mailing address (that's snail mail!), otherwise your message will be deleted.

Lastly, multiple entries will disqualify whoever sends them. And please include your screen name and the message boards that you frequent using it, if you do hang out on a particular MB.

This is posted on every single competition entry; the only thing that ever changes is the required header text.

Oh, aren't you clever...obviously I read that, but if you haven't done it before, the first sentence can read as though there are other rules detailed elsewhere. As it is a competition I assumed that I had to actually do something in order to win. You know, something along the lines of "why should you win, in less than 50 words" or answer some question about the author to show you are a fan.

Thanks anyway
Victory is mine!

#250 User is offline   pat5150 

• D'ivers

Posted 03 October 2009 - 07:31 PM

Nope, those are the only rules. I'm way too lazy to ask people to come up with stuff that I have to read afterward. . .

By the way, got copies of the new Modesitt and the new Banks up for grabs on the blog. :)

Patrick

#251 User is offline   kcf 

• High Fist

Posted 04 October 2009 - 04:15 AM

Another giveaway, though most of us around here have read them already.

A chance to win The Eye of the World by Robert Jordan and Mistborn: The Final Empire by Brandon Sanderson.

#252 User is offline   kcf 

• High Fist

Posted 04 October 2009 - 04:15 AM

Another giveaway, though most of us around here have read them already.

A chance to win The Eye of the World by Robert Jordan and Mistborn: The Final Empire by Brandon Sanderson.

#253 User is offline   pat5150 

• D'ivers

Posted 07 October 2009 - 02:02 PM

Hey folks!

I have 20 6-month subscription to Station Access for you to win! This giveaway grants game software including expansion packs and 6 months of subscription time to the critically acclaimed EverQuest®, Pirates of the Burning Sea™, PlanetSide®, EverQuest® II, Free Realms™, Star Wars Galaxies™ and Vanguard: Saga of Heroes™. And it's worth about 180$ a pop!

Check the blog for all the details!

Cheers,

Patrick

#254 User is offline   pat5150 

• D'ivers

Posted 16 October 2009 - 02:55 AM

Got a copy of the new Terry Pratchett, Unseen Academicals, up for grabs! And if you scroll down, I reckon there are a few giveaways I forgot to pimp in these parts...

Check the blog for the details. :unworthy:

Patrick

#255 User is offline   Use Of Weapons 

• Soletaken
  • View gallery
  • Interests:Writing. Martial arts. Sport. Music, playing and singing, composition.

Posted 16 October 2009 - 09:46 AM

View Postkcf, on 03 August 2009 - 08:10 PM, said:

I don't do giveaways at the blog very often, but when I do, I'll announce them here.

<a href="http://nethspace.blogspot.com/2009/08/winds-of-dune-giveaway.html" target="_blank">Right now I have 5 autographed copies of <i>The Winds of Dune </i>by Brian Herbert and Kevin J. Anderson up for grabs</a>. Instructions at the blog (and the pun that made me want to do the giveaway).

I pity the poor unfortunates who a) entered this one, and :unworthy: won it.
It is perfectly monstrous the way people go about nowadays saying things against one, behind one's back, that are absolutely and entirely true.
-- Oscar Wilde

#256 User is offline   pat5150 

• D'ivers

Posted 17 October 2009 - 02:01 PM

Hey guys,

I have a copy of Jordan/Sanderson's The Gathering Storm autographed by both Brandon Sanderson and Harriet McDougal (Jordan's wife and editor) up for grabs, courtesy of Tor Books.

Check the blog for the details. . . :unworthy:

Patrick

#257 User is offline   MTS 

• Fourth Investiture

Posted 17 October 2009 - 02:04 PM

Oh, I'm definitely entering that one.
Antiquis temporibus, nati tibi similes in rupibus ventosissimis exponebantur ad necem.

Si hoc adfixum in obice legere potes, et liberaliter educatus et nimis propinquus ades.

#258 User is offline   kcf 

• High Fist

Posted 03 November 2009 - 04:41 PM

I've got 5 copies of the 10th Anniversary Edition of Gardens of the Moon by Erikson up for grabs. No geographic constraints. Good luck.

#259 User is offline   pat5150 

• D'ivers

Posted 04 November 2009 - 03:44 AM

Same thing on the Hotlist! -_-

Patrick

#260 User is offline   pat5150 

• D'ivers

Posted 19 November 2009 - 04:02 PM

With the Holidays just around the corner, I invited publishers to come up with special prize packs for the biggest giveaways of the year. In the next couple of weeks, you'll see similar contests cropping up, all of them a mix of autographed copies, bestselling titles, and Advance Reading Copies. The idea is to offer something that everyone will want to win. Tor Books, Orbit US, Del Rey and Bantam Spectra have all confirmed their participation, and I'm waiting to hear from a number of other SFF publishers.

The first to step up to the plate was Subterranean Press, and here's what Santa has in store for the big winner! The prize pack includes:

- Collected Stories by Lewis Shiner -- limited edition
- Thousandth Night and Minla's Flowers by Alastair Reynolds -- signed hardcover
- The Terror by Dan Simmons -- limited edition
- Nick and the Glimmung by Philip K. Dick -- trade hardcover edition
- Crimson Shadows by Robert E. Howard -- signed (by the artists) limited edition
- Crystal Nights and Other Stories by Greg Egan -- trade hardcover edition
- The Last Colony by John Scalzi -- signed limited edition
- A Pleasure to Burn by Ray Bradbury (ARC)
- Songs of a Dead Dreamer by Thomas Ligotti (ARC)
- Mirror Kingdoms by Peter S. Beagle (ARC)

With more than 500$ worth of books, you can't go wrong!

Check the blog for the details. :w00t:

Patrick

Share this topic:

• 15 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

8 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 8 guests, 0 anonymous users