• I'll have some lasagna
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 23 July 2008 - 12:24 AM

We are one, but we are many
And from all the lands on Earth we come
We share a dream and sing with one voice:
I am, you are, we are Australian

:lachen70:

Sorry, Shpetim, your post just popped that song into my head, pity there's not many aussies who frequent the religion db cos it'd crack them up. Jokes aside though, good post. It's nice to see some passion despite your confusion :D We are all confused in truth, and it is humbling to see you baring your confusion unashamedly.

#122 User is offline   Shpetim 

• Lieutenant

Posted 23 July 2008 - 12:41 AM

Why thank you Cold Iron :D
No need to apologize for the jolly song, I liked it! I wish i was Australian. But I'm not. I'm Albanian. Well, at least we share the first letter of our nationalistificated identity :p

To be honest I was ( and still am) worried that my post might insult the more convicted atheists or christians or whatever. People are so easily insulted, God, just look at the reactions to the caricatures of Mohammad!!! We needn't go very long way back in time to find out that France once declared war against Germany because Germans had "wounded French pride"...

I like the line you've written there at the bottom... the choice making one. It actually applies to both this and the next life.. I think anyway :)

#123 User is offline   Optimus Prime 

• Daylight Oblivion
  • Interests:Ranting and Raving. Being the biggest Liberal on this forum. Arguing with Cold Iron (and winning). Writing (struggling right now), reading, Georgia Bulldog FOOTBALL!<br /><br />And the lades, of course, always the ladies ;)

Posted 23 July 2008 - 12:41 AM

I'd say on a daily basis I think about this question. It's like that old adage, You can't prove God doesn't exist because you can't prove he does.

I believe that there is a higher power. But I'll be the first to admit I have no fucking clue what that higher power is. I don't adhere to any religion because none of them make enough sense to believe in (for myself). Everyone has their own beliefs and are welcome to them of course.

#124 User is offline   Shpetim 

• Lieutenant

Posted 23 July 2008 - 01:00 AM

Optimus Prime;357267 said:

I'd say on a daily basis I think about this question. It's like that old adage, You can't prove God doesn't exist because you can't prove he does.

I believe that there is a higher power. But I'll be the first to admit I have no fucking clue what that higher power is. I don't adhere to any religion because none of them make enough sense to believe in (for myself). Everyone has their own beliefs and are welcome to them of course.

very much like my belief before I "stumbled" where I am now. Sometimes I curse that day, but mostly I'm glad that it happened. But still, you're on the right path optimus. I sense tolerance from you, and that is a sentiment akin to love. so keep up the good work :D

#125 User is offline   Cold Iron 

• I'll have some lasagna

Posted 23 July 2008 - 01:04 AM

Trondheim is a beautiful city, you are lucky to live there (despite the weather :D ).

Careful with your choice of words though if you don't want to offend, your post to xander comes off condescending. "You are like I was before I got good, keep going and you'll be good like me one day". :p

#126 User is offline   Shpetim 

• Lieutenant

Posted 29 July 2008 - 05:29 PM

Ahh,. true so true.
I apologize for the potential insult as a result of my choice of expressing myself.
But regardless of whether I'm right or wrong, it's a question of faith. Either one has it or not. It's impossible to prove either way so it all comes down to the person in question, and the path said person would choose. Or not :(

I agree Cold Iron. I love Trondheim. A lot of old buildings. Many, MANY roads, both bug and small. I like the small ones. The ones that aren't more than a few feet wide. It's so secluded there. Feels like I'm a member of an assasin guild, or thief or whatever.
You should try it sometimes. If you're into assasining that is... Well, not the actual thing, but pretending and such. It's just awesome.
Peace to you all :p

#127 User is offline   Cold Iron 

• I'll have some lasagna

Posted 29 July 2008 - 10:46 PM

Shpetim;361470 said:

You should try it sometimes. If you're into assasining that is... Well, not the actual thing, but pretending and such. It's just awesome.
Peace to you all :(

:lachen70:

Share this topic:

• 7 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users