Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Home Grown Covers

#1 User is offline   Chaos 

• High Fist
  • Group: Malazan Artist

Posted 28 October 2006 - 09:58 AM

Howdy my fellow .. nah that would be a lie. I'm not an artist. But I was just browsing through the thread for the US MT cover and although I like it it share the sentiments that it's not in tune with the "vibe" of the books so far.

So I was wondering if anyone had tried to do their own cover for one of the books? And if so would they mind sharing? or if not then draw one so that I may oooh and ahhh ;)

I like the uk covers, they seem to have "the vibe" whereas US covers have left me as a whole dissapointed.

What I think would be reaaaallly cool but highly unlikely (although you never know) is that when the series is over and they (hopefully) release a set of hardcovers of all ten books that the covers could have been made by some of the dedicated readers. I know it's unlikely but just thought that was a cool thought.

I was going to discuss what would you put on each cover but just realised.. spoilers galore and isn't suitable here.

#2 User is offline   caladanbrood 

• Ugly on the Inside
  • Group: Team Quick Ben

Posted 31 October 2006 - 11:57 AM

There was an alternative cover to GotM posted here aaaaaaages ago, which I really liked:
O xein', angellein Lakedaimoniois hoti têde; keimetha tois keinon rhémasi peithomenoi.

#3 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 01 November 2006 - 11:59 AM

caladanbrood;129344 said:

There was an alternative cover to GotM posted here aaaaaaages ago, which I really liked:

Oooh that's sweet!

Only shouldn't Moons' spawn be much much bigger? I always pictured it as a big roundish rock severeral miles in in length

#4 User is offline   Menandore 

• High Fist
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 07 November 2006 - 04:39 PM

That's an awsome picture. I do agree with Apt though, I kinda pictured it a lot wider. Anyone ever seen the film Laputa? I kinda picture it more like that kinda shape. I'm not particularly good at this kind of artwork but I might give it a try and see what I come up with.

#5 User is offline   Raymond Luxury Yacht 

• Throatwobbler Mangrove
  • Group: Grumpy Old Sods
  • Interests:Quiet desperation and self-loathing

Posted 08 November 2006 - 12:07 AM

I've always pictured it as rounder, but not too much bigger than what is shown there.
Error: Signature not valid

#6 User is offline   Tremolo 

• High Fist

Posted 09 November 2006 - 11:21 AM

Naah...to me there is only one cover for GotM and that is the original one. It's got drama in it unlike this one. Cant really explain it though :D
'We all have nukes, and we all know how to dance'

#7 User is offline   Centzon Totochtin 

• For Pony!
  • Interests:Stuff, and sometimes also things.
  • Bunnies!

Posted 17 November 2006 - 10:49 AM

That looks really cool. But it is hard to picture books with different covers to the one you know and love. :wave:
That Elephant is looking rather frayed at the edges

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users