Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Who's on First?

#1 User is offline   Onrack the breakable 

• Captain
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 26 October 2006 - 05:06 AM

I have to admit after reading all the Malazan Books of the Fallen three times or more I am wondering;
who's on what teams, what team is up to bat, and finally whos on first base?

Corab is now on the Bonehunter team (along with the grey helms, kundryl, and assorted oddballs). But it seems the few remaining Wiccans have been put out to pasture. Maybe sent back to the minor leagues. Leoman and Dunsparrow have been put on the bench of who knows what team. The Bonehunter team is no longer on the Malazan Team and with their departure it seems it may take a season or more if at all before the Malaz can field any team worth half a spit. I don't even know who is the management for the Bonehunter team, the Eresal seemed to be acting as coach or assistant but is that enough? The remaining Apocaplys team joined with the Master of the Deck team which may or may not team up with the Bonehunter team, while the management of the Apocalyps has decided to just have orgies and get drunk instead of botherin with the hassle of a team at all.

The Lether team has after a hostile takeover (where Lether management were given poison parachutes) been merged into the Edur/King in Chains team with a few exceptions. It seems the Seven Cities League died up mostly and the remaining action at least for Reapers Gale will be back in the Lether league area. So Reapers Gale appears to be a game set in the Lether League and the scouts are returning with Karsa Orlong and Icarium to tryout for the major league. My bet is that Icarium will pitch and Karsa will catch, but then Karsa can pitch with the best of them too but what will his target be? They're free agents sorta so maybe they will make their own team. It seems the Bonehunters are sort of headed this way eventually but maybe not much for this book/play season. Perhaps they will arrive just in time for the last few pages just to twist us all up.

What I wonder is how many books before we find out what the teams are. Let alone who's on what team. Let alone who's on first base?

I hope this formatting is better. I'm just attempting humor plus the sporting season nostalgia and a few beers got me pondering this profound question: Who's on first? Please do not expect perfect grammar. Is that what the word 'grammercy' means? Have mercy on me for my poor grammar (and horrible syntax).

#2 User is offline   Hume 

• Banned Like a Mushroom
  • Group: Banned Users

Posted 26 October 2006 - 05:25 AM

The Malaz Books are a Sporting Game now :eek:

And Dude can you please do some reformatting there if you expect any sort of serious responses.
All that looks like to me is a big chunk of words that I dont want to process.

Onrack the breakable;127640 said:

I

I hope this formatting is better. I'm just attempting humor plus the sporting season nostalgia and a few beers got me pondering this profound question: Who's on first?.

Yeh I thought you were ;)

I will try something similiar a little later :p

#3 User is offline   SilchasRuin 

• Recruit

Posted 26 October 2006 - 11:43 AM

yea we are....and its called football NOT SOCCER before one of u trys that one.......u left out the genabackan (is that a word lol) team , with their star players rake, brood and new talent gruntle and possibley toc/anaster

#4 User is offline   BridgeBurner 

• High Fist

Posted 26 October 2006 - 09:10 PM

With the Shadow Team currently at bat, we see Trull Sengar on First, Apsalar on Second and Shadowthrone on Third Base. Since Apsalar is looking a bit tired, there is a great possibility for Cutter being brought in as a fresh runner there.

Cotillion is stepping up to the plate now. He's been performing well lately, but he seems emotionally stressed right now, and with Kilmandaros warming up for the Wu Gods All Stars, this doesn't seem to promising.

*co-commentator* I can see what you mean there. If I were at bat, I'd not be happy having to face a pitcher that can do a One-Strike Out; talk about a K indeed... I also wouldn't be too surprised to see a Pick Off at Third if a pitcher change would occur, since this pitcher was never happy at seeing Shadowthrone reach First earlier on....

;)

• Group: Unregistered / Not Logged In

Posted 26 October 2006 - 09:14 PM

If you want to talk sport do it in the Phoenix Inn.
If you want to talk about the books keep it on topic.
I'm deleting most of the posts so far as spam.

#6 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 26 October 2006 - 09:24 PM

Hetan;127959 said:

The Mistress is a harsh but fair Lady ;)

I think the OP coined it himself.

Your gonna see the first half you mentioned in Reapers Gale and the other Half in Toll the Hounds. Like the first 4 books it shifts, keeping the reader hooked waiting to see what happens to "The Other Team"

#7 User is offline   Chaos 

• High Fist
  • Group: Malazan Artist

Posted 26 October 2006 - 10:02 PM

I've no idea what you're on about but I'm going to say in the end the final play will be a left handed hookey thrown by Rhulad, disguising the inner curve ball designed to throw the CG off balance at the last moment to allow a home run for the sole survivor of the BB, a certain Mr Fiddler.

#8 User is offline   Izingad 

• Recruit

Posted 28 October 2006 - 09:18 PM

I doubt it would be Fiddler pinch hitting down in the Letharas League. More likely it will be Icarium taking pitty on Rhulad thus stepping up to the plate for him. Also as likely, Orlong, with a bit of tar on his hands throwing curves to CG. Rhulad is too far into left field to come back to the dugout.

#9 User is offline   Locke Reaper 

• Captain

Posted 29 October 2006 - 08:07 AM

What I'm hoping for is that old Icarium and Karsa hook up to do some real damage to the Edur because they are seriously annoying at the moment. They should have left the emperor in pieces and gone home.

AS for the rest i hope old Quick Ben hasn't lost faith after Icarium smacked him around abit. As much as i like Quick, he was just a bit too cocky at times. But then again just imagine Iskaral Pust, Kruppe, Quick Ben and Bottle. Fiddler, Kalam, Gessler and Sgt Stormy and old Paran all walk into the Lether throne room, wouldn't that be fun

#10 User is offline   Izingad 

• Recruit

Posted 30 October 2006 - 04:01 PM

Don't forget about Rake and Osserc, Silchas and Scabby, Kilmandaros and Mael, Kettle, The Dark Sisters, Envy and Spite, Mappo's magic mace....

The list goes on.

#11 User is offline   Locke Reaper 

• Captain

Posted 31 October 2006 - 03:59 PM

Mappo must just get his hands on that scrawny bugger that has been leading Icarium by the nose. That magic mace wont be needed he should just tear him a new one with his bare hands!

#12 User is offline   Onrack the breakable 

• Captain

Posted 06 November 2006 - 01:32 AM

Hetan;127959 said:

But talking about the various alliances and potential alliances goes so well with the sports lingo. Why can't we talk about the books in a sporting manner? This topic is about the books not about sports, the sporting terms are just for color.

I enjoyed it so far. Guess I will have to quickly cut and paste this thread before its deleted entirely.

• Group: Unregistered / Not Logged In

Posted 06 November 2006 - 07:27 AM

I deleted the posts that were off-topic and not appropriate.
The thread has been on-topic since then - which is why it is till open.

you got any problems with that?

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users