• 87 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

American Football

#1701 User is offline   Eltar 

• Trickster Priest
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • Interests:Those, my dear acquaintances, would be a secret.
  • Ex-Wotmania alum, Sleeper Agent.

Posted 30 March 2012 - 09:05 PM

True. But I'm still a believer in defense. I'd rather watch two teams slug it out than see TD's scored every other play.
"Whether you believe me or not is up to you."
~Xelloss

#1702 User is offline   Eltar 

• Trickster Priest

Posted 30 March 2012 - 09:06 PM

As much as it truly does pain me to say this - the Steelers had a great defense when they won the Superbowl recently.
~Xelloss

#1703 User is offline   Shinrei 

• charin charin

Posted 31 March 2012 - 10:19 AM

View PostH.D., on 08 March 2012 - 04:33 AM, said:

I knew it was coming for a while and there are good reasons for both sides to do what they did.

It's like a funeral around here. I'm trying to avoid it as much as possible.

It was the same funeral in Green Bay after they said no to Favre. At least Manning was more classy about it.....

@Obdigore, I thought he'd be a Viking too. Old washouts belong in Purple and Gold apparently.

United Way spoof, watch #3. The REAL reason he was cut. B)

http://peytonmanning...night-live.html
You’ve never heard of the Silanda? … It’s the ship that made the Warren of Telas run in less than 12 parsecs.

#1704 User is offline   Lady Bliss 

• Shameless Minister of Silly Catwalks of the Abyssmal Army
  • Group: The Abyssmal Army

Posted 31 March 2012 - 08:41 PM

I am pleased with the Bears offseason moves. Brandon Marshall and Michael Bush should help us get our offense where it needs to be.
"If you prick us do we not bleed? If you tickle us do we not laugh? If you poison us do we not die? And if you wrong us shall we not revenge?" - Shylock

#1705 User is offline   Eltar 

• Trickster Priest

Posted 07 April 2012 - 08:41 PM

Your Bear's are looking good for this coming year Lady Bliss. I would only find fault with them for the handling of Matt Forte, but that's as much his fault as it is the organization's.
~Xelloss

#1706 User is offline   Beezulbubba 

• ---
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Banned Users

Posted 27 April 2012 - 12:37 AM

Nice work Colts! A Super Bowl be yours within five years if you surround your new franchise quarterback with talent (and shore up the deficiencies on defense).... huzaaah for the Colts!

#1707 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

• Faith, Heavy Metal & Bacon

Posted 15 May 2012 - 08:36 PM

British media doesn't do much reporting on NFL (or rather the BBC doesn't and that is where I get most of my news, Sports related or not) so I haven't exactly followed any of the off season. Can anyone in the know tell me if the 49ers have replaced Alex Smith? I'm still not sold on him. Can't work out if he will do something well or not (it was our defence that got us that far last season...)
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#1708 User is offline   HoosierDaddy 

• Believer
  • Interests:Football

Posted 15 May 2012 - 10:00 PM

Alex Smith is your QB for the next couple of years. Pretty sure they extended his contract.
Trouble arrives when the opponents to such a system institute its extreme opposite, where individualism becomes godlike and sacrosanct, and no greater service to any other ideal (including community) is possible. In such a system rapacious greed thrives behind the guise of freedom, and the worst aspects of human nature come to the fore....

#1709 User is offline   Grumble 

• High Mage of High House HAWT

Posted 17 May 2012 - 05:31 PM

View PostTiste Simeon, on 15 May 2012 - 08:36 PM, said:

British media doesn't do much reporting on NFL (or rather the BBC doesn't and that is where I get most of my news, Sports related or not) so I haven't exactly followed any of the off season. Can anyone in the know tell me if the 49ers have replaced Alex Smith? I'm still not sold on him. Can't work out if he will do something well or not (it was our defence that got us that far last season...)

Alex Smith's contract

• 2012: $5 million base salary (fully guaranteed); $3 million roster bonus; $1.25 million in likely-to-be-earned incentives; $1.75 million in unlikely incentives.
• 2013: $7.5 million base salary ($1 million guaranteed); $1 million roster bonus; $1.25 million in likely-to-be-earned incentives; $1.75 million in unlikely incentives.
• 2014: $7.5 million base salary; $1.25 million in likely-to-be-earned incentives; $1.75 million in unlikely incentives.

What it means: Smith was guaranteed $9 million upon signing ($10.5 million with injury guarantees), but this could well be a deal that runs a year and is worth only that much. The 2013 roster bonus is due in March, and if Smith is on the roster on April 1 of next year, his $7.5 million base salary will be guaranteed. If they cut him before the roster bonus comes due, they only owe him the $1 million guarantee. So, at least from a practical standpoint, the Niners will have to make a decision next March if Smith will be the starter for 2013.

In San Francisco, they have a developmental player at the position, too. Colin Kaepernick was taken just four picks outside the first round in 2011 and one pick behind Andy Dalton, who led the Bengals to the playoffs as a Day 1 starter.

The jury is still out on Kaepernick, with some questions having surrounded his instincts for the position. Conversely, the Niners were comfortable enough with him to take a hard-line approach in the Smith negotiations in March, a tact that could've led to Kaepernick ascending to the top spot of the depth chart for a Super Bowl contender.

Oh and by the way my Seahawks are going to kick the fortywhiners ass this year !!!!!

www.nfl.com & www.si.com are great places to get your nfl news.
What Would Jack Do ?

#1710 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

• Faith, Heavy Metal & Bacon

Posted 18 May 2012 - 08:42 AM

View PostGrumble, on 17 May 2012 - 05:31 PM, said:

View PostTiste Simeon, on 15 May 2012 - 08:36 PM, said:

Alex Smith's contract

• 2012: $5 million base salary (fully guaranteed); $3 million roster bonus; $1.25 million in likely-to-be-earned incentives; $1.75 million in unlikely incentives.
• 2013: $7.5 million base salary ($1 million guaranteed); $1 million roster bonus; $1.25 million in likely-to-be-earned incentives; $1.75 million in unlikely incentives.
• 2014: $7.5 million base salary; $1.25 million in likely-to-be-earned incentives; $1.75 million in unlikely incentives.

What it means: Smith was guaranteed $9 million upon signing ($10.5 million with injury guarantees), but this could well be a deal that runs a year and is worth only that much. The 2013 roster bonus is due in March, and if Smith is on the roster on April 1 of next year, his $7.5 million base salary will be guaranteed. If they cut him before the roster bonus comes due, they only owe him the $1 million guarantee. So, at least from a practical standpoint, the Niners will have to make a decision next March if Smith will be the starter for 2013.

In San Francisco, they have a developmental player at the position, too. Colin Kaepernick was taken just four picks outside the first round in 2011 and one pick behind Andy Dalton, who led the Bengals to the playoffs as a Day 1 starter.

The jury is still out on Kaepernick, with some questions having surrounded his instincts for the position. Conversely, the Niners were comfortable enough with him to take a hard-line approach in the Smith negotiations in March, a tact that could've led to Kaepernick ascending to the top spot of the depth chart for a Super Bowl contender.

Oh and by the way my Seahawks are going to kick the fortywhiners ass this year !!!!!

www.nfl.com & www.si.com are great places to get your nfl news.

Thanks (except for the bit about the Seahawks!) :D
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#1711 User is offline   Beezulbubba 

• ---
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Banned Users

Posted 01 June 2012 - 10:33 PM

Fuck it's weird seeing Peyton Manning in a Denver Broncos uniform.

#1712 User is offline   Raymond Luxury Yacht 

• Throatwobbler Mangrove
  • Group: Grumpy Old Sods
  • Interests:Quiet desperation and self-loathing

Posted 07 June 2012 - 10:03 PM

Not as weird as Favre in a Vikings uniform.
Error: Signature not valid

#1713 User is offline   Shinrei 

• charin charin

Posted 20 July 2012 - 12:33 PM

Um..what happened to the post I made here?
You’ve never heard of the Silanda? … It’s the ship that made the Warren of Telas run in less than 12 parsecs.

#1714 User is offline   Slow Ben 

• Ranger

Posted 06 September 2012 - 01:34 PM

Daaamn.

Cowboys looked good last night. Romo played well, Murray seems like the real deal and the O-Line played ALOT better than i thought they would against that Giants D. And the secondary really looks boosted from adding Carr and Clairborne.

The Giants, Eli looked a little shaky in the first game of the year. Missed a few open receivers. And the boys passing game really exploited the weakness in the Giants D. If you can stop the rushers up front, they seem to have a pretty weak secondary.

Granted its only week 1. The Giants looked like crap half of last year before putting it all together starting week 16.
I've always been crazy but its kept me from going insane.

#1715 User is offline   Tapper 

• Lover of High House Mafia
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 06 September 2012 - 05:00 PM

View PostSlow Ben, on 06 September 2012 - 01:34 PM, said:

Daaamn.

Cowboys looked good last night. Romo played well, Murray seems like the real deal and the O-Line played ALOT better than i thought they would against that Giants D. And the secondary really looks boosted from adding Carr and Clairborne.

The Giants, Eli looked a little shaky in the first game of the year. Missed a few open receivers. And the boys passing game really exploited the weakness in the Giants D. If you can stop the rushers up front, they seem to have a pretty weak secondary.

Granted its only week 1. The Giants looked like crap half of last year before putting it all together starting week 16.

Funny, that.

Having stayed up until 2.30 AM to watch the game, the first quarter was so disappointing I went to bed. Both teams at 3 & 6 after their first 3 snaps, not a single pass connecting until the halfway mark of the quarter (when Manning had a good few 1st & 10s), Romo being sacked on his first ball contact and Bradshaw consistently taking the central option without decent running lanes being opened up... might be nerves but it wasn't very good, apart from a DEF point of view. Guess I can regret not staying up for the subsequent quarters as the score turned out to be interesting.

Me not having fun might also because it was the Giants. For some reason (well, the reason's called Eli Manning), I hate their guts. And I had no-one playing. Funny how that's already an incentive ;)
Everyone is entitled to his own wrong opinion. - Lizrad

#1716 User is offline   Obdigore 

• ThunderBear
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 07 September 2012 - 03:58 AM

View PostSlow Ben, on 06 September 2012 - 01:34 PM, said:

Daaamn.

I didn't see most of the game, but it looked more like the Giants were playing poorly than the Cowboys playing well. But we will see what happens as the season continues.
Monster Hunter World Iceborne: It's like hunting monsters, but on crack, but the monsters are also on crack.

#1717 User is offline   Shinrei 

• charin charin

Posted 07 September 2012 - 08:30 AM

I cashed in on my Romo draft in fantasy. For one week at least.

So happy the season has started. The first week of football games at 30 is like Christmas morning when you're 6.

#1718 User is offline   Grumble 

• High Mage of High House HAWT

Posted 19 September 2012 - 11:56 PM

This guy obviously heard that pillock Marshall Faulk talking about his Cowboys !

For the record Mr Faulk stated that Dallas was guilty of playing down to the Seahawks level ! In a 27 - 7 road loss.

You have got to love an " expert " who probably didn't watch the game talk utter bollocks.

I think this Dallas fan might agree with me.

http://youtu.be/ifE6XkqMX9g

Oh and yes I am a Seahawks fan and we beat the crap out of the Cowgirls !

http://youtu.be/bgxc0gdlPF4
What Would Jack Do ?

#1719 User is offline   Slow Ben 

• Ranger

Posted 20 September 2012 - 04:50 PM

That was a pretty good buttkickin.

I know they do it every year. But i wish the damn Cowboys would start showing up every week. You'd think missing the playoffs with such a talented team would stop that shit.

PS- As a Bears fan, i'm embarassed about last week.
I've always been crazy but its kept me from going insane.

#1720 User is offline   Daser 

• First Sword

Posted 26 September 2012 - 06:04 PM

I need advice!

Week 4 is usually used for bitching and moaning and writing angry posts about the Arizona Cardinals, the coaches and the owner.

3 - 0 for the first time ever (or in my lifetime atleast) and i have no clue how to behave.

Share this topic:

• 87 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users