Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Malazan game? web, RPG, etc etc etc

#1 User is offline   Mythago 

• Recruit
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 29 August 2006 - 06:04 PM

And what about Malazan world, the webgame? I want to make it...text-strategy, written in php scripts?

#2 User is offline   Folken 

• Never throw your life away so easily

Posted 30 August 2006 - 10:27 PM

You may discuss any ideas you have in this thread:)
http://www.malazanempire.com/forums/showth...ht=Malazan+game
<div align='center'>You must always strive to be the best, but you must never believe that you are - Juan Manuel Fangio</div>

#3 User is offline   Giludor 

• Recruit

Posted 08 March 2007 - 06:06 AM

If you had an idea about a collectible affordable board game using the malazan armies as SE has set them up. How would you go about proposing the idea and its complexities? Obviously myself and a few friends have already discussed and mapped out the rudimentary rules and game pieces although for obvious reasons we have not gone beyond a pen and paper version of it. I think the game has some merit and would fall somewhere in between a purchase size of Pirates by wizkids and A&A miniatures from Wizards of the Coast.
Although it is just an idea of which I am sure you are inundated with on a constant basis, as the malazan series continues to gain world wide success, I would like to discuss it with someone if they would like to reply.

Thank you for your time.

#4 User is offline   Giludor 

• Recruit

Posted 09 March 2007 - 03:17 AM

I have received a few emails concerning the game that me and my friends came up with. It is a hex based game that works on a typical map. Each unit of a certain faction looks the same on top until encountered or attacked or some other event that allows the opponent to distinguish that unit from say a gold moranth unit or a red moaranth unit. there are obviously elite units that have special abilities eg. in the malazan army the bridgeburners would be indistinguishable until actually encountered otherwise they might move with marines at that pace until encountering other units once a unit has been encountered wether it is wounded or not it is flipped over and for the rest of the game or battle that unit is known on the board, obviously mounted units would all resemble each other and infantry would resmble infantry. mage cadres would be other cards one might have and so forth ultimately it would not be a card it would be the type of figure that we have devised that is indistinguishable on one side until encountered. The only things the opposition can tell is if it is mounted or infantry or the faction it belongs to. Obviously the punitive army of Segulah would be quite rare unit.

#5 User is offline   Fiddler 

• Fiddler

Posted 16 March 2007 - 06:48 AM

frankly it kind of sounds like you're talking about the games 'war machine' or 'hordes' but on a much larger scale, although i like the idea of having cards that say 'infantry' on them until they get engaged or the enemy discovers their nature, then you flip it over and it says '10th Malazan Legion' or something, that sounds kind of cool
anyways, good idea

#6 User is offline   Giludor 

• Recruit

Posted 29 March 2007 - 04:28 AM

If you have any ideas that might input that would be appreciated. obviously each military unit or commander unit would have a "hp" type on it with hvy infantry having greater than light and so on. but there would also be event type cards that may have an hour glass on it that might be like eg. surprise reinforcements bring an additional 5 pts worth of units from any direction on the bopard start them at the edge. or heavy fog you do not see the enemy units or weather they are cavalry or infantry till you engage them and are next to them on the board thereby flipping it over sorta like stratego. or malazan based event would be moranth sharpers on specific hex explode causing death to unit on that hex and 2 hps worth of dmg to any surrounding hexes friend or foe. these were some more ideas we have had.

#7 User is offline   lopper 

• Recruit

Posted 02 April 2007 - 07:27 PM

try playing risk 2210 and pretend your in malazan times

#8 User is offline   Joord 

• Recruit

Posted 03 June 2007 - 12:37 PM

I read on Wikipedia that Erikson and Esselmont originally developed the world as a paper and pencil RPG, first modifying D&D and then adapting it to GURPS. Of course, I'm not sure about the veracity of such a statement; I've never seen any corroborating statements in interviews or offical articles.

I've recently got into GURPS, and I was wondering if there was any word about a Malazan sourcebook being prepared for an official release. That would be a really fun game to play.

#9 User is offline   caladanbrood 

• Ugly on the Inside
  • Group: Team Quick Ben

Posted 03 June 2007 - 12:50 PM

Erikson has stated the fact that the world was developed mainly in GURPS in interviews, but I'm supposed to be revising, so hopefully someone else will find the link. I wouldn't imagine that anything like that would be developed until after the series is finished at earliest though.

But you never know ^_^
O xein', angellein Lakedaimoniois hoti têde; keimetha tois keinon rhémasi peithomenoi.

#10 User is offline   Paleman 

• Sergeant

Posted 08 June 2007 - 11:40 AM

I found this interview on the net which has a quote by SE about the GURPS system although there's no great detail.

http://www.sfsite.com/06a/se82.htm

#11 User is offline   Tuna 

• Recruit

Posted 22 July 2007 - 10:52 AM

SE, please find someone to create Civ4-Malazan Empire. I've begged a couple of fellows I know with the ability, but I didn't get anywhere. Please help...

#12 User is offline   GanoesParan00 

• Lieutenant

Posted 25 July 2007 - 04:14 AM

I'm sorry to Disappoint you but Steven Erickson Doesn't usually view the Fan forums. he speaks to the Admins time to time to list events on whats happining on and stuff. I advise you to Email him that message, better luck for reaching him but still he is a writer, not a videogame developer nor does he have time to search on the internet for a person because he is writing the eighth(?) book right now so good luck. I'll Advise a moderater to transport this Thread into the game/videogame/rpg/suggestions forums.

Cheers!

~Ganoes Paran

#13 User is offline   Darren 

• Recruit

Posted 19 August 2007 - 08:28 PM

I used to play with Cam and Steve when they lived on Saltspring. We started with D&D and moved to GURPs eventually. I must say, it was a pretty fun game. Even when Steve played the ever annoying Ipshank....

#14 User is offline   Mott Irregular 

• Recruit

Posted 07 September 2007 - 07:05 PM

Darren;205278 said:

I used to play with Cam and Steve when they lived on Saltspring. We started with D&D and moved to GURPs eventually. I must say, it was a pretty fun game. Even when Steve played the ever annoying Ipshank....

So, when you read the books, do you ever think something like "Oh! I was there!" or "I did that!"

#15 User is offline   Darren 

• Recruit

Posted 11 October 2007 - 02:10 AM

Yep. There was a quote in one of the begining of the chapters by Ipshank. I played with Ipshank. He was Steve's character and was very very annoying. I loved it. Him and my character Saylund Giantstory did many a battle of wits (whcih unfortunatly Saylund lost most.... ok ALL of them). Ipshank = Krupp

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users