Malazan Empire: Which Leader would you call your own? - Malazan Empire

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Which Leader would you call your own?

Poll: Which Leader would you call your own? (210 member(s) have cast votes)

1. Dujek One Arm (15 votes [7.14%])

Percentage of vote: 7.14%

2. Dassem Ultor (17 votes [8.10%])

Percentage of vote: 8.10%

3. Whiskeyjack (48 votes [22.86%])

Percentage of vote: 22.86%

4. Caladan Brood (21 votes [10.00%])

Percentage of vote: 10.00%

5. Sha'ik (1 votes [0.48%])

Percentage of vote: 0.48%

6. Coltaine (37 votes [17.62%])

Percentage of vote: 17.62%

7. Tavore (11 votes [5.24%])

Percentage of vote: 5.24%

8. Anomander Rake (31 votes [14.76%])

Percentage of vote: 14.76%

9. Trull Sengar (21 votes [10.00%])

Percentage of vote: 10.00%

10. High King Kallor (8 votes [3.81%])

Percentage of vote: 3.81%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Guest_Corporal List_*

• Group: Unregistered / Not Logged In

Posted 06 August 2006 - 11:45 PM

which of these leaders would you follow? why would you follow them? do you admire the ferocity, their genius,their integrity or their likeability?
Post you Comments
Ps yes thats supposed to be tavore not ravore

#2 User is offline   dessembrae 

• Lieutenant
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 07 August 2006 - 12:23 AM

Trull is possibly my favourite character and as so love all things he does. Enough said.

Dassem Ultor also for his amazing martial prowess, if your gonna fight alongside somebody............. why not the best!

#3 Guest_potsherds_*

Posted 07 August 2006 - 03:10 AM

Caladan Brood. A badass mofo' with a huge hammer and fighting for mother nature, AKA Burn. How cool is that?!

#4 Guest_pres_north_*

Posted 07 August 2006 - 07:04 AM

Neither one of them is a Leader, of course, but you would probably have a lot of fun following around either Lady Envy or Kruppe. And both of them seem to do a daycent job of looking after their followers.

#5 User is offline   Gothos 

• Map painting expert

Posted 07 August 2006 - 11:17 AM

Whiskeyjack. Coltaine. Kallor.
It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; because there is not effort without error and shortcomings; but who does actually strive to do the deed; who knows the great enthusiasm, the great devotion, who spends himself in a worthy cause, who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement and who at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly. So that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat.

#6 User is offline   Hume 

• Banned Like a Mushroom
  • Group: Banned Users

Posted 07 August 2006 - 11:24 AM

I thought this was going to be the Hardest poll ever created so far..
Seriously I did.

But then i realised you made it Multi-Choice !

Oh.. and I changed it to Tavore for you.

Went with about 4 I think..all Malazans. or wickan still malazan kinda.

#7 User is offline   bwgan 

• OFFICIAL Keeper of Shiny Things of the Abyssmal Army
  • Group: The Abyssmal Army

Posted 07 August 2006 - 11:46 AM

Oh no! Didn't realise it was a multi choice!

Voted Rake, because I thought he was fantastic even before he had any 'screen' time!
'Tell me, Tool, what dominates your thoughts?'
The Imass shrugged before replying. 'I think of Mafia, Adjunct.'
'Do all Imass think about Mafia?'
'No. Few think at all.'
'Why is that?'
The Imass leaned his head to one side and regarded her. 'Because, Adjunct, they are sheeple.'

Sometimes I wonder, "Why is that frisbee getting bigger?" ... and then it hits me.

#8 User is offline   Kallor 

• First Sword

Posted 07 August 2006 - 04:37 PM

why, myself, of course

#9 User is offline   Tattooed Hand 

• High Fist

Posted 07 August 2006 - 05:26 PM

None of the above.

I follow Gruntle. Or Hellian.

My leader's got to be the anti-leader, and foul mouthed and debauched to boot.

Noble leaders are fun to read about, but I'm not interested in getting cut to pieces just to be remembered.

#10 User is offline   Agraba 

• Emperor

Posted 07 August 2006 - 08:10 PM

Dujek, Dassem, Whiskeyjack, Coltaine, Tavore, Trull...... all people with honour and integrity. Many of them great men(woman) who would put their troops in high priority, and would most likely allow us to think for ourselves. They stand for what's right, and what's good.

Did I vote for any of the aforementioned? Hah!!!! F*** them! Despite all their virtues, I'm still probably gonna get fried being in their army. (Look at Dassem... Tavore... Dujek...) But Under Anomander Rake, I'm probably safer than any of the others. I mean, come on, half the time he fights on his own, and tells us all to stay comfy. And usually if we do fight, it's in the shadows of the rooftops, and we're still quite powerful enough to stay alive. So Rake is the only guy I voted for.

P.S. Honour is useless.

#11 User is offline   bwgan 

Posted 07 August 2006 - 09:44 PM

Agraba said:

Dujek, Dassem, Whiskeyjack, Coltaine, Tavore, Trull...... all people with honour and integrity. Many of them great men(woman) who would put their troops in high priority, and would most likely allow us to think for ourselves. They stand for what's right, and what's good.

Did I vote for any of the aforementioned? Hah!!!! F*** them! Despite all their virtues, I'm still probably gonna get fried being in their army. (Look at Dassem... Tavore... Dujek...) But Under Anomander Rake, I'm probably safer than any of the others. I mean, come on, half the time he fights on his own, and tells us all to stay comfy. And usually if we do fight, it's in the shadows of the rooftops, and we're still quite powerful enough to stay alive. So Rake is the only guy I voted for.

P.S. Honour is useless.

That's almost what I was going to say (except for the honour bit) but it was lunchtime and I didn't have much time.

Rake has so much intrinsic power you've got to want him on your side ~ preferably in front...(front is a side...isn't it?).

Had I realised about the multi choice before I voted I would have also ticked Tavore...not so much for what she is but for what I think she is going to be.
'No. Few think at all.'
'Why is that?'
The Imass leaned his head to one side and regarded her. 'Because, Adjunct, they are sheeple.'

Sometimes I wonder, "Why is that frisbee getting bigger?" ... and then it hits me.

#12 User is offline   Loki 

• Knight Commander of Team Quick Ben
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • WWQBDFTW?

Posted 07 August 2006 - 11:52 PM

I'd follow Paran. He was reckless and all high and mighty, 'must do the moral thing' to begin with but now he seems to have found a nice balance. Plus, if I die following him he can always give me my own card and he is cute :)

Wry, on 29 February 2012 - 10:50 AM, said:

And you're not complaining, you're criticizing. It's a side-effect of being better than everyone else, I get it sometimes too.

~TQB~

#13 User is offline   Agraba 

• Emperor

Posted 08 August 2006 - 04:11 AM

You don't know what he looks like, and come on, he isn't going to make you a card. Who are you?

#14 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 08 August 2006 - 12:12 PM

I don't understand why people are checking off trull but not Tavore. I didn't vote for her, cause I don't know if I trust her yet, but Trull is unproven.

Yes, we've seen him lead a small group, but he lacks authority. I doubt he has the will and talent to lead an army... for what I've seen. He's a soldier, he's not good at the politics and flow of the commanders in an army. Just watch how he handled himself when he thought Rhulad was out of control.

He's a nice guy with his heart in the right place, but I'd rather have any of the others as a leader... except Shaik, that lump of docile lard

#15 User is offline   bwgan 

Posted 08 August 2006 - 04:02 PM

Agraba said:

You don't know what he looks like, and come on, he isn't going to make you a card. Who are you?

Of course we do - he looks like we want him to, until SE says differently...I agree he is good-looking...but probably a little young and not rugged enough for my taste :)

And why wouldn't he make Lokirri a card?? I'm sure he make us all one if we asked, after all we have been through sooo much with him and supported and helped him all the way. Who else can he rely on?:confused: :cool: :D
'No. Few think at all.'
'Why is that?'

#16 User is offline   Loki 

• Knight Commander of Team Quick Ben
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • WWQBDFTW?

Posted 08 August 2006 - 11:08 PM

Exactly, you really are wise and sage like bwgan.

I agree with Apt - while Trull is a good fighter and a great guy he hasn't really been given a real position of authority or leadership so far and i doubt that other than a small band of faithful followers that he could lead an army to victory. I think people would follow him because he is a good guy and his intentions would be good, but i think any army he led would end up losing.

Wry, on 29 February 2012 - 10:50 AM, said:

And you're not complaining, you're criticizing. It's a side-effect of being better than everyone else, I get it sometimes too.

~TQB~

#17 Guest_Griever_*

Posted 22 August 2006 - 11:14 PM

i voted Whiskeyjack, Caladan Brood, and Anomander Rake. I respect the 3 of them as characters and leaders.

But honestly i would want to follow Lady Envy...

#18 Guest_Corporal List_*

Posted 23 August 2006 - 12:52 AM

so do you guys vote for whiskeyjack because of how he commanded during the books or because of the way everyone else talked about him?
because of lot of the reverance i have for whiskeyjack is simpy because everyone else looked at him with awe
so i just assumed he was a respectable leader and one i would follow

#19 User is offline   Illuyankas 

• Retro Classic
  • Group: The Hateocracy of Truth
  • Will cluck you up

Posted 23 August 2006 - 01:08 AM

Brood, Rake and Kallor. Just because if things start looking bad, they have the ability to pretty much leave the enemy positions a big smoking crater the size of a small continent. Especially Kallor - "Damn, my army is losing again. Oh well." *clicks fingers* *millions of people die* *wanders off, laughing dryly*
Hello, soldiers, look at your mage, now back to me, now back at your mage, now back to me. Sadly, he isn’t me, but if he stopped being an unascended mortal and switched to Sole Spice, he could smell like he’s me. Look down, back up, where are you? You’re in a warren with the High Mage your cadre mage could smell like. What’s in your hand, back at me. I have it, it’s an acorn with two gates to that realm you love. Look again, the acorn is now otataral. Anything is possible when your mage smells like Sole Spice and not a Bole brother. I’m on a quorl.

#20 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 23 August 2006 - 01:24 PM

Illuyankas;108149 said:

Brood, Rake and Kallor. Just because if things start looking bad, they have the ability to pretty much leave the enemy positions a big smoking crater the size of a small continent. Especially Kallor - "Damn, my army is losing again. Oh well." *clicks fingers* *millions of people die* *wanders off, laughing dryly*

Whoa Illy, that's somewhat of a liberal translation.
Kallor did all he did with his machines (according to what we know) not by his own power. He used Lizard technology to scour the continent.

Now Rake suspects that his power might be so great that a full unvieling of KG would be needed to take him out but that doesn't tell us what his potential is for destruction.

Rather I think he is no more dangerous than any other mortal we've known. He just posses vast knowledge of tactics and fighting. Though something could be said for what ever power the CG imbued him with at the end of MoI, stab wounds weren't enough.

I would follow him reluctantly since he is a great general, but I would also be afraid that he would sacrifice his entire army for what ever goal he seeks.

Share this topic:

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users