Cover Artist: Edward Miller
Editions:
1st Edtn. Hardcover (300 copies) SOLD OUT
1st Edtn. Paperback (500 copies) SOLD OUT
2nd Edtn. Paperback (500 copies, unsigned) £10 / $16

ISBNs:
Hardcover 1902880358
Paperback 190288034X (1st & 2nd)
Publication Date: April 2002 (1st edtns) / July 2004 (2nd Edtn pb)

Synopsis:

All is not well in Lamentable Moll.

A sinister, diabolical killer stalks the port city's narrow, barrow-humped streets, and panic grips the citizens like a fever.

Emancipor Reese is no exception, and indeed, with his legendary ill luck, it's worse for him than for most. Not only was his previous employer the unknown killer's latest victim, but Emancipor is out of work. And, with his dearest wife terminally comfortable with the manner of life to which she asserts she has become accustomed (or at least to which she aspires) -- for her and their two whelps -- all other terrors grow limp and pale for poor Emancipor.

But perhaps his luck has finally changed, for two strangers have come to Lamentable Moll... and they have nailed to the centre post in Fishmonger's Round a note requesting the services of a manservant.

This is surely a remarkable opportunity for the hapless Emancipor Reese... no matter that the note reeks with death-warded magic; no matter that the barrow ghosts themselves howl with fear every night; and certainly no matter that Lamentable Moll itself is about to erupt in a frenzy of terror-inspired anarchy.... After all, it's work... and working is better than not working.

Isn't it?

The Healthy Dead

Introduction: Paul Kearney
Editions: Hardcover (400 copies) £25 / $40
Paperback (500 copies) £10 / $16
ISBNs: Hardcover 1904619088
Paperback 1904619169
Publication Date: July 2004

Synopsis:

Things are going all too well in the city of Quaint. So well, in fact, that something has to be done. The zeal for goodness can be catastrophic, and no-one knows this better than Bauchelain and Korbal Broach, two stalwart champions of all things bad.

For the innumerable citizens of Quaint, driven to neurotic distraction and overwhelmed with good living, desperation breeds nefarious bed-mates, and before long the two homicidal necromancers -- and their beleagured and substance-addled manservant, Emancipor Reese -- find themselves ensnared in a scheme to bring goodness into disrepute, if not utter ruination.

To Reese's bemusement, laudable motivations are, in a bizarre twist, uncharacteristically relevant to Master Bauchelain, although, of course, the payment of a chest filled with gold helps.

Even so, sometimes, it turns out, one must bring down civilisation... in the name of civilisation.

The Devil Delivered March 05

Introduction: Paul McAuley
Editions: Hardcover (400 copies) £25 / $45
Paperback (500 copies) £10 / $18
ISBNs: Hardcover 1904619150
Paperback 1904619142
Publication Date: March 2005

Synopsis:

The Devil Delivered

Mind the Hole. In a world of ozone depletion, toxic deadzones, internicine brew-ups and lifeless oceans, nothing has changed. Or so it seems, but in the break-away Lakota Nation, in the heart of a land blistered beneath an ozone hole the size of the Great Plains of North America, something is happening.

Tracked by a growing global audience of online subversives and electronic muckers, a lone anthropologist wanders the deadlands, recording observations that threaten to bring the world's powers to their knees.

Past and future; restless ghosts and rogue corporations; rad-shielded cities and unprotected peripheral populations; all now face each other, across a chasm once wide but growing ever narrower.

Mother Earth is poisoned beyond any hope of resuscitation. Humanity beyond any hope of redemption -- but one last lesson of life awaits...

When Nature starts losing the game, Nature changes the rules. We've turned paradise into Hell, and in Hell, the Devil Delivers...

Science Fiction

Fishin' With Grandma Matchie end 2005

Introduction: Graham Joyce
Editions: Hardcover (400 copies) £25 / $45
Paperback (500 copies) £10 / $18
ISBNs: Hardcover 1904619134
Paperback 1904619126
Publication Date: End 2005

Wonderfully bizarre urban fantasy.

Available from:
Pspublishing
Amazon.co.uk
Clarkesworldbooks.com

#2 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

• Faith, Heavy Metal & Bacon
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 20 October 2004 - 12:13 PM

OK, are these in order of when they were written? Cos I want to get them in order, if indeed they do follow an order?
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#3 Guest_Marek of Paxto_*

• Group: Unregistered / Not Logged In

Posted 01 March 2005 - 03:24 PM

Smiles: Yes, looovely painting. Goes well with the others, I'd think.

Marek

#4 User is offline   caladanbrood 

• Ugly on the Inside
  • Group: Team Quick Ben

Posted 22 February 2005 - 03:03 AM

damn you bothPosted Image
O xein', angellein Lakedaimoniois hoti têde; keimetha tois keinon rhémasi peithomenoi.

#5 User is offline   Kallor 

• First Sword

Posted 19 February 2005 - 09:22 PM

@smiles

...you're even worse than i am

#6 Guest_FlyingOrca_*

Posted 21 February 2005 - 03:06 PM

@ Patch: Point taken, but I couldn't help myself. You know how it is...

#7 User is offline   Kallor 

• First Sword

Posted 21 February 2005 - 09:38 PM

@tiste
...i take it you've read 'Blood Follows', which precedes 'Healthy Dead'...and it's only important to read those in order because Emancipor joins our venerable duo in BF...'Fishin' With Grandma Matchie' defies categorisation...'Devil Delivered' is a high-tech allegory...i am quite sure FwGM was penned before all the others, DD and HD were almost simuultaneous (along with MT)

@joe
...quite...lol

#8 Guest_vartan_*

Posted 20 February 2005 - 07:16 AM

Is that possible???

#9 Guest_FlyingOrca_*

Posted 15 February 2005 - 06:48 PM

Yeah, they're in order. Both short but fun reads; you'll want to read them in order so you know where Reese is coming from, though.

Was just looking at a great painting of Broach and Bauchelain. Can't wait to see it on a cover one day...

#10 User is offline   Tenaka Khan 

• High Fist

Posted 17 February 2005 - 05:02 AM

@Smiles: Where did you see that painting of the two? Would very much like to see it too...

#11 Guest_FlyingOrca_*

Posted 17 February 2005 - 03:09 PM

@Abeleyn: Where did I see it? At a friend's house. I'll ask the painter whether it will be posted to the forum eventually... ;-)

#12 User is offline   Tenaka Khan 

• High Fist

Posted 03 May 2005 - 07:27 AM

damn the three of you Posted Image

#13 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

• Faith, Heavy Metal & Bacon

Posted 11 May 2005 - 10:28 AM

Well, Amazon currently don't have Blood Follows in... they do however have The Devil Delivered and The Healthy Dead for £20 for the both of them. Might buy them. Just wondering, is Night of Knives the next one in this set?
Posted Image Night of Knives is £35!!
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users