Malazan Empire: Need to keep up - Malazan Empire

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Need to keep up

#1 Guest_Lobo_*

• Group: Unregistered / Not Logged In

Posted 07 November 2004 - 07:49 PM

Since this first instalment is quite impresive, I am not waiting for the U.S. to slowly get this saga.
I ordered the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th, books from Amazon. There are people who have these books. If you choose to be left behind, I wanted to note that WE do not have to wait..
The first book impressed me a great deal because I felt it was slow, I had to keep flipping back and forth for who is who----quite preturbed I downgraded this book.
The second half kicked in, you now knew the history. The second half of the book really impressed me. S.E. is quite the writer and has started a very unique world and genre that is fresh in epic Fantasy.
(Black Co-Glen Cook is still a series that is produced in a voice that still reins rule over this--S.K. had to be influenced---Too many names are the same so much is similar and also quite funny. Read the nine book series of the Black Co. Very short books that fly by,the first person naritive is entertaining. If you read S.K. befor the B.C.. you might feel it a letdown.. give Glen Cooks Black Co a real try and try to enjoy rather than compare MBOTF. These two authors created a genre that no one else could think or write in this genre.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users