Malazan Empire: A Feast for Crows *** SPOILERS *** - Malazan Empire

• 3 Pages +

A Feast for Crows *** SPOILERS *** Rate Topic: -----

#21 User is offline   Werthead 

• Ascendant
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 10 April 2006 - 06:52 PM

Dolorous Menhir said:

If Theon hadn't used his insider knowledge to invade Stark lands and take Winterfell then Ramsay Bolton would never have been in a position to kill Ser Rodrik and raze the castle. So I blame Theon.

Actually I'd blame Robb for letting Theon go in the first place. What a prat.

It could be interesting if Theon and Asha team up and go over to the side of the 'good guys', opposing Euron who's clearly on the side of, if not evil, than certainly 'the bat**** insane'. Theon needs to make amends but he also knows that Bran and Rickon are still alive.
Visit The Wertzone for reviews of SF&F books, DVDs and computer games!

"Try standing out in a winter storm all night and see how tough you are. Start with that. Then go into a bar and pick a fight and see how tough you are. And then go home and break crockery over your head. Start with those three and you'll be good to go."
- Bruce Campbell on how to be as cool as he is

#22 User is offline   Brahm_K 

• Sergeant

Posted 10 April 2006 - 11:02 PM

Werthead said:

Theon needs to make amends but he also knows that Bran and Rickon are still alive.

Hmm.. Strangely enough, I'd never thought of this. That is important information to have; the question is whether people will actually believe him without either of the boys (and Bran definitely won't be) being present for a while.

#23 Guest_aergern_*

• Group: Unregistered / Not Logged In

Posted 11 April 2006 - 07:49 AM

Dolorous Menhir said:

I just knew that Davos wasn't dead, I knew it. A Stannis POV would be nice, or Melisandre.

Umm.. AffC and ADwD run concurrently.. So whatever was implied about Davos in AffC is likely to be shown in ADwD. I wouldn't bet he's alive by the end of ADwD.. sorry. :)

#24 User is offline   Asandir 

• Hermit
  • Interests:Anime
    Manga
    Computer games and of course books.
  • Poof...I dissappeared again

Posted 11 April 2006 - 12:26 PM

Littlefingers is out to be king. Remember he wasn''t able to marry Catelyn because he wasn't of good noble stock.Now he's tryin to show the world just what he's made of. Manipulate, schemeing and quiet a ingenious character.
The return of Bran Stark from the north should be very interesting with his delving into things mystical. But most of all the reuniting of Arya and her direwolf should be a cracker although i'd say we'll have to wait a few boks for that.
p.s. theon should rot. after all ned did for him, and rob being his best mate such changes of heart by ambition or no should be greeted with a slow and painful death. Flay him I say, FLAY HIM.

#25 Guest_Niko III_*

• Group: Unregistered / Not Logged In

Posted 11 April 2006 - 01:41 PM

traochta said:

theon should rot. after all ned did for him, and rob being his best mate such changes of heart by ambition or no should be greeted with a slow and painful death. Flay him I say, FLAY HIM.

I agree with the flaying part. A good flaying is always fun:D
But Theon didn't betray anybody, Daddy did, if looking out for your own interests and declaringyour independence is a betrayal.

#26 User is offline   Anomander Rake 

• First Sword

Posted 11 April 2006 - 09:44 PM

traochta said:

Littlefingers is out to be king.

I just can't see how he could ever achieve that. He could never be king, unless for example he married Danerys, which is like never gonna happen. He does not have the support, and would never be accepted by the majority of the nobles.

The best he could hope for is a good title, which he has with harrenhall, or having a puppet regent in power that he can control from behind the scenes, or as hand.

He also seems to have the intention of getting rid of cersei, whom he helped partly to get into power by betraying Ned. But who is he planning on replacing her?

#27 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 11 April 2006 - 10:46 PM

the daughter of Ned?
Take good care to keep relations civil
It's decent in the first of gentlemen
To speak friendly, Even to the devil

#28 User is offline   Dolorous Menhir 

• God
  • Group: Wiki Contributor

Posted 11 April 2006 - 11:18 PM

I really don't know what Littlefinger had planned for the Throne in the long term, but I would guess that Cersei's utter incompetence has really taken everyone by surprise and ruined a lot of plans to get rid of her after a decent interval, one that allowed people to either turn against her or blame her for troubles (no doubt justly). None of the plotters (Varys, Littlefinger, any other faction) could have anticipated such a rapid implosion of her regency, in particular the reinstatement of the religious militias and her subsequent imprisonment.

It's her own fault for having the old High Septon killed, the stupid woman. God do I despise Cersei Lannister.

I would guess that anyone plotting to take control of the Throne would try to get rid of Cersei and keep Tommen, the boy seems like the perfect King for a clever Hand to be the real power behind.

#29 User is offline   Tes'thesula 

• High House My House

Posted 12 April 2006 - 02:36 AM

doesn't littlefinger want to marry off sansa stark to some power in the vale, and then reveal her as a stark and get the northern lords behind her...from there...? Kingdom?

#30 User is offline   Dolorous Menhir 

• God
  • Group: Wiki Contributor

Posted 12 April 2006 - 11:58 AM

That's a moderately long-term plan though, if it's Harry the Heir you are talking about then I think he was too young to win over the North any time soon. The way Cersei's going the Lannisters won't be holding the Throne long enough for Littlefinger to remove them.

#31 User is offline   Blind 

• High Fist

Posted 12 April 2006 - 03:21 PM

Besides, we have only Littlefinger's word to Sansa that he truly intends to marry her in the Vale. Is he telling the truth? Somebody as devious as he could be expected to have another plan, and keep his true plan to himself. There's also the matter of his obsession with Catelyn, transferred to Sansa; would he want her to marry someone else than himself?

#32 User is offline   Anomander Rake 

• First Sword

Posted 12 April 2006 - 04:36 PM

Also his plans for the North may well change, especially once it becomes know that Bran and Rickon are alive, as Bran is the Heir (though he may pass that on to Rickon in future), and Rickon next in line before Sansa can come into the equation.

#33 User is offline   McLovin 

• Cutlery Enthusiast
  • Interests:Knives. Stabbing. Stabbing with knives.

Posted 14 April 2006 - 06:42 PM

Blind said:

Besides, we have only Littlefinger's word to Sansa that he truly intends to marry her in the Vale. Is he telling the truth?

He probably is telling her the truth - he intends to marry her off to someone, only to then kill that someone, marry poor widowed (and now heiress) Sansa (who he has the not-so-secret semi-incestuous hots for) and further solidify his power base. Many birds killed with that particular stone...
OK, I think I got it, but just in case, can you say the whole thing over again? I wasn't really listening.

#34 User is offline   Dagger 

• Interloper

Posted 17 April 2006 - 02:22 AM

Dolorous Menhir said:

Exactly.

I don't care that Littlefinger is largely responsible for the entire war and gradual dissolution of Westeros, pushing that monster Lysa Arryn out the sky door made it all worth it.

Oh, that was so sweet when her fat butt when flying out door. I can only hope that her snot-nosed, unweaned brat makes a similar trip real soon. This is a gene pool that must be drained as soon as possible.
"I can see my days of not taking you seriously are coming to a middle." - Mal Reynolds

#35 User is offline   Arkmam 

• Titanium Nipple
  • Interests:Reading, playing board games, taking walks

Posted 17 April 2006 - 12:07 PM

Dagger said:

Oh, that was so sweet when her fat butt when flying out door. I can only hope that her snot-nosed, unweaned brat makes a similar trip real soon. This is a gene pool that must be drained as soon as possible.

I usually don't approve of killing children (Yes, i know he's only fictional. but anyways :)), but that kid has it coming for him.

#36 User is offline   First Seguleh 

• Sergeant

Posted 17 April 2006 - 05:58 PM

I don't think any deaths could have the pure, visceral satisfaction I will feel when Cersei dies. I'm practically willing to forgive the rest of the book just for her getting locked up. Of course, knowing GRRM chances are that she's now going to survive, or even turn into a "goodie" *shudder*

#37 User is offline   Werthead 

• Ascendant

Posted 17 April 2006 - 06:01 PM

Unfortunately, her getting locked up means that when/if the Tyrells storm King's Landing and butcher the High Septon for imprisoning Margaery, Cersei can put the whole blame on the Faith and come out of it smelling like roses. However, I think she's not going to be able to reclaim her place just yet and Kevan will remain Hand for the time being.
Visit The Wertzone for reviews of SF&F books, DVDs and computer games!

"Try standing out in a winter storm all night and see how tough you are. Start with that. Then go into a bar and pick a fight and see how tough you are. And then go home and break crockery over your head. Start with those three and you'll be good to go."
- Bruce Campbell on how to be as cool as he is

#38 User is offline   Dagger 

• Interloper

Posted 17 April 2006 - 07:23 PM

I don't think we're ever going to see the redemption of Cersei. We've seen all the way into her rotten core and there's no hope of any humanity in that wretch. I could not believe how badly she blundered considering how well her father and Tyrion play the game of thrones.
"I can see my days of not taking you seriously are coming to a middle." - Mal Reynolds

#39 User is offline   Asandir 

• Hermit
  • Interests:Anime
    Manga
    Computer games and of course books.
  • Poof...I dissappeared again

Posted 19 April 2006 - 11:35 AM

Lysa Arryn goin WEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhh
was amusing. But big daddy Lannister goin splat on the crapper was pure class.
Hi daddy heres a crossbow bolt to help u s!*?
go Tyrion!!!!!!

#40 User is offline   stone monkey 

• I'm the baddest man alive and I don't plan to die...
  • Group: Grumpy Old Sods

Posted 19 April 2006 - 12:08 PM

Cersei's doomed. We know it, she knows it; despite all her efforts to the contrary. The interesting character is Jaime; which way is he going to jump? His newly acquired conscience is pretty powerless as far as his "sweet sister" is concerned.
If an opinion contrary to your own makes you angry, that is a sign that you are subconsciously aware of having no good reason for thinking as you do. If some one maintains that two and two are five, or that Iceland is on the equator, you feel pity rather than anger, unless you know so little of arithmetic or geography that his opinion shakes your own contrary conviction. … So whenever you find yourself getting angry about a difference of opinion, be on your guard; you will probably find, on examination, that your belief is going beyond what the evidence warrants. Bertrand Russell

Share this topic:

• 3 Pages +

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users