Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Art? You crazy fool!

#1 User is offline   UlicQelDroma 

• Recruit
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 01 April 2006 - 10:42 PM

First of all of these depictions of charecters are mostly pictures not art. Second off all personally, i think that to have physical representation of the charecter kind of ruins it, i prefer to just picture them for what they are in my imagination.

#2 User is offline   dktorode 

• Luck is my middle name, Mind you, my first name is Bad."
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 02 April 2006 - 01:14 AM

yeah its like youve got a picture of each character but not exactly wat they look like ...almost like theyre personality actuallly defined wat they "sorta" look like..but not even that ....youve got a different type of blurred face for each character is wat im trying to say and now that some amateur casting director is puting stupid faces to your perfect blurred faces its ruining everything :p.... well not everything its just disconcerting...innit?
LotR is the first fantasy book thats been (for me ) very well cast.
...┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐...

Why dont they make the whole plane out of that black box stuff?

#3 User is offline   Illuyankas 

• Retro Classic
  • Group: The Hateocracy of Truth
  • Will cluck you up

Posted 02 April 2006 - 01:14 AM

I have a quick and easy solution for you!

Don't look at the pictures. Don't even bother looking in the threads. That way, visual interpretations of the characters won't interfere with your enjoyment of the series.

And how is photography not an art form? Though I will admit that most of deegee's effort's were ridiculously off the mark at least for me.
Hello, soldiers, look at your mage, now back to me, now back at your mage, now back to me. Sadly, he isn’t me, but if he stopped being an unascended mortal and switched to Sole Spice, he could smell like he’s me. Look down, back up, where are you? You’re in a warren with the High Mage your cadre mage could smell like. What’s in your hand, back at me. I have it, it’s an acorn with two gates to that realm you love. Look again, the acorn is now otataral. Anything is possible when your mage smells like Sole Spice and not a Bole brother. I’m on a quorl.

#4 User is offline   dktorode 

• Luck is my middle name, Mind you, my first name is Bad."
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 02 April 2006 - 01:48 AM

yeah Illuy.. without being rude... for me most of his stuff was way of the mark aswell and it just made it more stupid at the end of the day! no offense the the lad :p
...┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐...

Why dont they make the whole plane out of that black box stuff?

#5 User is offline   UlicQelDroma 

• Recruit

Posted 02 April 2006 - 02:24 AM

Exactly what i mean dktorode, you put it much better then me. And of course photography is art, but taking random pictures of people isn't. All in my humble opinion.

#6 User is offline   Puck 

• Mausetöter

Posted 02 April 2006 - 09:23 AM

UlicQelDroma said:

First of all of these depictions of charecters are mostly pictures not art. Second off all personally, i think that to have physical representation of the charecter kind of ruins it, i prefer to just picture them for what they are in my imagination.

First: Art is depends on the subjective point of view. Someone might think: 'Damn, that's cool! That's art!' and someone other will say: 'That's ****!'
Art can be everything: photography, painting, drawing, making films...

Second: Maybe it ruins your imagination of the character. Well, don't look at the pictures!
Ignore the 'Fantasy Art'-Forum!
When you don't and your imagination is ruined... Well, then that's your own fault.

I just can say, that I like it, that there are some pictures showing how some of you people in this forum imagine the characters :p
There is some really amazing stuff and I love them.
And for some mysterious reasons the pictures don't ruin my imagination :Erm:
On the contrary, some helped me to get a better idea of the characters.

And, by the way, there aren't only pictures of MBOTF. There's some other stuff, too :p

Well, just my point of view :p
Puck was not birthed, she was cleaved from a lava flow and shaped by a fierce god's hands. - [worry]
Ninja Puck, Ninja Puck, really doesn't give a fuck..? - [King Lear]

#7 User is offline   Smiles 

• Captain

Posted 02 April 2006 - 07:35 PM

UlicQelDroma said:

That's one of the things that bugs the hell of out me when films of my favourite books come out, but then you never know. Using Keanu for Constantine was weird but for me it worked okay, his attitude carried it. LotR was another that went well, same as Dune (the film), and Interview with the Vampire. One of the worst was Battlefield Earth (shudder...). Same with rpg books that come out based on novels, it can be interesting... !

I find the range of peoples interpretations really interesting, especially when looking at the who would play which character in a MbotF film thread and when posting drawings. There is a fairly big diversity of opinion. I post the drawings because in general there is an interest in what things could look like and I'm well aware they are probably way off the mark compared to how SE sees them when he writes.

The way I see and would like things to be is that when I post art here other fans can contribure to shaping an idea, so feedback is always appreciated.

In the long run there will be physical interpretations which will appear in the film or books, especially if SE does an Encyclopaedia. So if someone came here looking for cover/concept ideas (such as Todd Lockwood) then wouldn't it be cool if they saw ideas that came from forum input, be they photographs, drawings or paintings.
Seraph777 - DeviantArt...
SteveBellshaw - Patreon, wips, psds, new work...

#8 User is offline   Gothos 

• Map painting expert

Posted 02 April 2006 - 08:48 PM

Captain Jean-Luc Piccard of the USS Enterprise
It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; because there is not effort without error and shortcomings; but who does actually strive to do the deed; who knows the great enthusiasm, the great devotion, who spends himself in a worthy cause, who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement and who at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly. So that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users