#841 User is offline   Lord Gordonis 

• Pursuivant of TQB
  • Group: Team Quick Ben

Posted 25 June 2005 - 10:28 AM

C'mon Murry !!!!!!!!!!!!

#842 Guest_smallpoet_*

• Group: Unregistered / Not Logged In

Posted 05 July 2005 - 11:39 AM

on a brighter note, real rugby gets underway this weekend with SA vs AUS. go SA! time for bryan habanna to score a few more tries methinks

#843 User is offline   Yellow 

• Sick and Tired
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 05 July 2005 - 12:04 PM

My gf agreed to getting sky sports Posted Image Which is class...

But I found out today that for the first day of the Premiership (including Man U V Everton), Sky are showing all the matches on Premiership Plus rather than normal Sky Sports.

Which is gonna cost me like £6 to watch on top of my subscription Posted Image

F*ckers.
Don't fuck with the Culture.

#844 User is offline   Yellow 

• Sick and Tired

Posted 21 July 2005 - 11:52 PM

Agreed, but I do think Heinze and Ronny have been worth it. I'd like to add Rooney to that, but unfortunately not. He only played half a season for us last year, so maybe he'll pay for himself this year.

#845 User is offline   Fist Gamet 

• Mortal Sword
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • Interests:Writing, reading, writing, climbing, writing, scuba diving and writing (not at the same time)

Posted 28 April 2005 - 04:30 AM

Well, the Champions League (and how many of those teams were last season's actual 'champions'? - another debate) is still in the balance...well done the 'Pool
Victory is mine!

#846 User is offline   caladanbrood 

• Ugly on the Inside

Posted 26 April 2005 - 11:20 PM

Yeah, like as not... Liverpool might survive, but I seriously doubt it.

Then again, stranger things have happened. They beat Juve, for one...
O xein', angellein Lakedaimoniois hoti têde; keimetha tois keinon rhémasi peithomenoi.

#847 User is offline   caladanbrood 

• Ugly on the Inside

Posted 26 May 2005 - 07:11 AM

Well, writing them off against Juve and Chelsea worked, so I hoped it might work this time too, and I was rightPosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Best match I've seen in a very very very long timePosted Image
O xein', angellein Lakedaimoniois hoti têde; keimetha tois keinon rhémasi peithomenoi.

#848 Guest_Falco_*

Posted 14 April 2005 - 05:22 AM

Credit to the scousers and to Rafa the Gaffer. They came, they saw, they won. A watertight defence, marshalled superbly by Carragher and Hyppia and with Biscan patrolling in front reduced Juve to long balls from defence. Nedved was nowhere to be seen, while Dudek had barely a hard save to make. In fact, Baros should have scored in the 2nd half.

They're my dark horse for the winners, even against Chelsea in the semi. They've done well against the Blues in the league and the Carling Cup final, and Chelski are conceding a lot in Europe: 4 against Barca, 5 against Bayern. Terry is, as ever, suspect against pace, so playing both Cisse and Baros might be the go. Hard to see PSV getting past Milan.

FA Cup semi time...so sad that the mighty ManU have once again been reduced to this. Hopefully we can get the past the Toon and claim this consolation prize.

#849 User is offline   garden_rake 

• First Sword

Posted 22 July 2005 - 04:39 AM

im not one for fergie bashing but more of the signins over the past few years have been dissapointing at best. you can excuse maybe klebers as he was a world cup winnner but miller bellion and djemba djemba djemba were basically just poor football players in comparison to what was at the club already.

in ronners and rooney tho we've got two potential world beaters and fergies one of the best at protecting youngsters with potential. the little midget rossi will surprise a few people this season as well i reckon..... Posted Image

#850 User is offline   Mort 

• Captain

Posted 29 June 2005 - 04:19 AM

Nah - down in the Southern Hemisphere we've always known he was crap - that's why you needed a second fly half on the field...

Pity the Cricket got rained out - was planning on watching it last night when I finished assignments.

#851 User is offline   Fist Gamet 

• Mortal Sword
  • Interests:Writing, reading, writing, climbing, writing, scuba diving and writing (not at the same time)

Posted 26 May 2005 - 08:28 AM

As much as I believe Liverpool's victory was largely due to Milan having just about the p***est goalkeeper I have seen in a while, I am glad they won. It was nice to see Milan getting some payback for the multitude of "professional" (aka cheating) little dives and dips and acts they have been guilty of in the last few years. I admit that the penalty was soft but what goes around comes around.
Not to take the glory away, though, for any team that comes back from 3 - 0 down against AC in a champs final deserves it!

PS - Bet there's hardly a car with a hubcap in Instanbul today!
Victory is mine!

#852 Guest_kheprinmatu_*

Posted 20 July 2005 - 03:21 AM

Too right. Man Utd all the way. ^^

Hmmm... i know thats not really very good input, but enough said me thinks. :p

#853 User is offline   Rich the Great 

• First Sword

Posted 21 July 2005 - 08:27 AM

I don't think Fergie is the one who will bring the young members of the team and more youth players into maturity. Which gives him two or three seasons at most. Given that all the young 'uns he reared himself are leaving or retiring, he hasn't got quite that rapport between player and manager, and the team hasn't got quite its edge of former years.

#854 User is offline   Fist Gamet 

• Mortal Sword

Posted 30 April 2005 - 03:03 PM

****** ***** ****** ******* HIBS! GRRRR!

@Mal - What do mean what's up with my Avatar? Is there some glitch that you don't see what I see? It is just the old skeleton buy from the forum standard issue????
Victory is mine!

#855 User is offline   cruz1701 

• Captain

Posted 30 April 2005 - 04:04 PM

I knew here was a reason that happened, you havn't told me what it is but I know there must be one.

Murphy - Stevens final, really wanted McColluch to win as he's from really close to me but it wasn't to be. I think it should be a really good final, hopefully it'll go all the way, and no matter what Ronnie isn't in it Posted Image

#856 Guest_Falco_*

Posted 20 July 2005 - 04:22 AM

Yeah, I agree with Rich. Sung was a good buy, I saw him give the Milan some real scares in their semi, something neither Rooney nor Ronaldo could manage and van der Saar is much more solid than any other 'keeper at OT. Foster is a long-term buy, planning ahead. The only place the squad is weak is CM, with Fletcher, Fortune, P. Neville, Miller (WTF happened to this guy...ripping it up in Celtic, and seriously rubbish now) and Kleberson (although he could be going out to Celta Vigo in Spain) serving as back-ups to Scholes and Keane. No depth there.

Silvestre is OK, although Brown going wouldn't cause me any pain. Bloody greedy Rio Ferdinand better sign his contract extension right quick.

#857 User is offline   Mezla PigDog 

• Malazan Yo Yo Champion 2009
  • Group: Mezla's Thought Police

Posted 17 April 2005 - 09:55 AM

Arsenal v Man Utd FA Cup final! Both teams will have their whole season riding on the result! So, lets start making predictions, who's going to be sent off? What kind of food will be thrown at Fergie? How much will Wenger bitch about Ruud?

Some people think it's sad that Shearer's career might end with only one Premiership title to his name. Personally, I think it's hilarious!! Posted Image
Burn rubber =/= warp speed

#858 Guest_Edge_*

Posted 04 May 2005 - 01:44 AM

Oh me nerves!

Six minutes of injury time Posted Image

Was highly amused by Mourinho's "best team lost" speech.

#859 User is offline   caladanbrood 

• Ugly on the Inside

Posted 18 June 2005 - 03:41 PM

http://images-eu.amazon.com/images/P/07553...02.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

But, urm, TOPIC!!!Posted Image

Merhtens has signed for the mighty HarlequinsPosted Image temped to buy a shirt next season, hopefully they'll be cheaper. Personally, I'm looking forward to visits to the Pertemps Bees Posted Image
Can't even go and see em play in Bristol either. Plymouth looks like my best bet...

#860 User is offline   Yellow 

• Sick and Tired

Posted 20 July 2005 - 03:29 AM

I'm a bit worried at the lack of transfers into Utd so far... Park Ji Sung, Van der Gow (or was it Van der Sar? Can't remember which is which, neither are pants-wettingly exciting enough), and now this new keeper from Stoke (I think) who's never played first team football for them.

And yet look at how many the scousers have signed! And Chelsea have some quality signings too...

I'd love it if Ballack came in to that midfiled role, but I don't think he'll come. Reports say Shevchenko may be reaching an end at Milan but we can't afford him (but damn, Ruud hasn't got long left in him, if you ask me. And Saha and Smith aren't good enough to replace him).

We really need some new blood... get rid of Brown and Silvestre, they're crap. So is Fortune (how does he keep getting into the team?).

Still... can't waited to see Ronny and Rooney in action again... only about 3 or 4 weeks left to wait Posted Image

Share this topic:

• 50 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

14 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 14 guests, 0 anonymous users