• « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Sp... sp.... spo... sport!!!

#421 Guest_Buck Tooth_*

• Group: Unregistered / Not Logged In

Posted 18 June 2004 - 06:13 AM

Hmmm. just walked past a bookies and they were offering odds on Totti scoring first against Sweden! That could be interesting.

#422 User is offline   Satan 

• Hunting for love
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 13 June 2004 - 12:59 PM

once again, gothos, you've made me natious with your football comments. england played a brilliant tactical game, having a closed up, laid back defence, thus ruining the entire offensive plan for france (which didn't seem to have a plan B). then two individuals do 2 seperate mistakes (beckhams penalty wasn't so much of a mistake as it was skill/luck with bartez), and you judge them to hell and beyond. poor, mate. very poor.
Legalise drugs! And murder!

#423 User is offline   Satan 

• Hunting for love

Posted 11 July 2004 - 09:57 AM

megaman1: he probably wouldn't now that he's hale (broke his leg early in last season) and now that we got benetiz as a manager. besides, I doubt he'll do any better in real.

#424 User is offline   Fist Gamet 

• Mortal Sword
  • Interests:Writing, reading, writing, climbing, writing, scuba diving and writing (not at the same time)

Posted 14 June 2004 - 11:38 AM

And the truth is, I would have no problem enjoying the english games and wishing them well if it wasn't for the english commentators. I mean, seriously, do you (any english person out there) not cringe with embarressment at the things they say?

For example: Just as the Sweden v Bulgaria game kicks off ..."Well, last night it was the heavy weights, and now for the cruiser weights"

Or, at half time last night ..."All is well in the world."

and so on... ARGHHHHHHHH!
Victory is mine!

#425 User is offline   Orfantal 

• First Sword

Posted 08 November 2004 - 09:32 AM

Surely you're not referring to our star goalscorer Mr Anderton. I think as he's on a pay as you play he has a greater incentive.

#426 Guest__*

Posted 26 June 2004 - 02:15 PM

Originally posted by Oblivion:-
quote:
@BAD: 94 not 98.

You have me confused??? Posted Image

WoooooooooHooooooooooo's!!! Holland break the Curse. Looking forward to a Czech - Holland Final. (Crosses fingers) Posted Image

#427 User is offline   caladanbrood 

• Ugly on the Inside
  • Group: Team Quick Ben

Posted 11 June 2004 - 06:01 PM

Like I said, from my view pointPosted Image
O xein', angellein Lakedaimoniois hoti têde; keimetha tois keinon rhémasi peithomenoi.

#428 User is offline   Satan 

• Hunting for love

Posted 10 September 2004 - 04:52 AM

you worship the devil and eat children, that's what you're doing! you, my good sir, and all your fellow manu fans are the true apostles of evil.

#429 Guest_Falco_*

Posted 24 September 2004 - 04:52 AM

6-0 against some rubbish team isn't form worth talking about, y'know. Ronaldo and Giggs will run ragged whoever your fullbacks are (Edman?), and Ruud will show Naybet and King a thing or two. Ferdinand and Silvestre will shutout Robbie Keane/Kanout/Defoe- I think you'll get a masterclass this weekend. A win against Liverpool, after that awesome comeback in the Champions League means Spurs are going down...

#430 Guest_Falco_*

Posted 28 July 2004 - 02:53 PM

Chelsea buy Carvalho and finish their squad. Roman has now spent 210 million pounds in 13 months!

The Serie A is definitely a turn-off for a lot of newcomers to football because the pace is slow- but the technical abilities of the teams and the players is far and away the best, especially in defence. I'd stick to the Premier League, Champions League and Primera too (I don't get Primera here in Aus, so I stick to Champions League and EPL).

#431 User is offline   Farad 

• Fist

Posted 26 June 2004 - 05:00 AM

@ BAD
frankly if england find a good goalkeeper, you would be great in 2006 since lot of english players are young and skilled

#432 User is offline   Satan 

• Hunting for love

Posted 14 October 2004 - 01:01 PM

norway's first keeper is benched in the english first division *sob*.

#433 User is offline   Satan 

• Hunting for love

Posted 13 August 2004 - 07:11 AM

megaman: more or less, yeah. real is the biggest and best club in the world, there's no doubt about it. and initially I was kinda for selling owen, but not for that sh!tty handfull of money we got for him. £8 mill. plus a player. we coulda milked a lot more than that from them. well, unless owen turned evil and threatened with bostman.

and real only gave up viera 'cause arse was demanding too much money. think real even went as high as £18 mill. but arse obviously wasn't pleased.

#434 Guest_Buck Tooth_*

Posted 18 July 2004 - 10:20 AM

Cricket's O.K as long as you forget about the one day game. Should beat the Windies pretty easily.

#435 Guest_Falco_*

Posted 23 January 2005 - 12:10 AM

Liversuck lose again, to that Premiership powerhouse Southampton. However, in more disappointing news Chelsea are definitely going to win the Premiership, no bones about it. Oh, and I believe that superteam Crystal Palace managed to grab a win too, whatcha think of that Brood? Spurs going back to their old ways? Valuable wins for Charlton and West Brom too, and I haven't even spoken of the amazing comeback of Norwich...

#436 User is offline   Satan 

• Hunting for love

Posted 23 October 2004 - 02:22 AM

that's only because he's playing in manu. that seems to be your curse with rio, that norwegian dude that I can't remember the name of, berg to some degree (coupled with heggem, it might seem like a norwegian curse).

#437 Guest_Pale Remnants_*

Posted 17 October 2004 - 04:19 AM

Bryn did you actually see how crap the 'Pool were tho'. That result was a fluke. And Biscan!!! Surely not...he can't... NOOOO!

True, we were mediocre againt Birmingham. Far too many draws this season.

#438 User is offline   Gothos 

• Map painting expert

Posted 14 June 2004 - 11:42 AM

@Gamet - referee scandal.
same as today, at halftime, Sweden - Bulgaria 1:0, the goal after a eye-beating 4-meter offside. this stinks! good thing that he didn't give that "penalty" when there was none. Ibrahimovic (that's a nice Swedish name now, isn't it? Posted Image) ran into his leg, the bulgarian guy didn't kick him (it's clearly visible that he kicked the ball out). yellow card - yes, penalty - no.

earlier today, Italy - Denmark... awful match, it made my eyes hurt to watch it... awful! without Maldini, the Italians suck big time.
It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; because there is not effort without error and shortcomings; but who does actually strive to do the deed; who knows the great enthusiasm, the great devotion, who spends himself in a worthy cause, who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement and who at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly. So that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat.

#439 User is offline   Mulch 

• Fist

Posted 09 September 2004 - 05:06 AM

It's harsh to call it an own goal, if the defender hadn't hit it Owen was only an inch behind him.

Poland looked an ok battling side, tough tackling, and solid performances all round, they gave us much more trouble than the Austrians did and the goal they scored was fantastic.
"Here's to beer!, the cause of, and solution to, all of life's problems" Homer Simpson

#440 Guest__*

Posted 25 June 2004 - 12:55 PM

Originally posted by Gothos:-
quote:
now, this decision is outrageous. THAT IS ANOTHER SCANDAL!
it's perfectly visible that he did not touch the ball with his hands. the Portuguese are the next host bribers, like the french in 1998 and japanease in 2002. these championships are just hopeless.
that's the end. I'm not watching another match. I hope the referee gets killed by russian mafia. and I hope that UEFA gets bombed by some terrorists. how can people take away everything that is good in football?
Croatia, Bulgaria, Russia, Greece - they have all been cheated at least once.
they say that we have severe bribery in Poland. but it's enough to look at the Olympics, or any football or volleyball championships to see that Western Europe is the Bribery Central.

Nice to see you keeping you word again Posted Image! Unless of course you only watched just the highlight's to all the matches. . .

WooooooooHoooooooooooo's!!! Greece severely out plyed the French, Mwahahahahahaha Posted Image.

Share this topic:

• 50 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users