• You cannot reply to this topic

Sp... sp.... spo... sport!!!

#341 User is offline   caladanbrood 

• Ugly on the Inside
  • Group: Team Quick Ben

Posted 21 October 2004 - 03:07 AM

bah, Hyypia was captain all of last season wasn't he?Posted Image

Shevchenko, suprisinglyPosted Image
O xein', angellein Lakedaimoniois hoti têde; keimetha tois keinon rhémasi peithomenoi.

#342 User is offline   caladanbrood 

• Ugly on the Inside

Posted 06 July 2004 - 06:29 AM

Wooo GreecePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image nearly as good as Denmark winning in '92Posted Image
O xein', angellein Lakedaimoniois hoti têde; keimetha tois keinon rhémasi peithomenoi.

#343 User is offline   kettle 

• Fist
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 12 June 2004 - 02:39 PM

@ BAD qualifying is on ITV1 at midnight...so you can still watch it...have been avoiding finding out the grid positions all day so I can watch it....

#344 User is offline   caladanbrood 

• Ugly on the Inside

Posted 09 September 2004 - 12:00 AM

I think everyone realises that the problem with Newcastle lies almost exclusively with Shepard... except perhaps him.

Criesof sacking Eriksson and all that crap, after getting 4 points from possibly the two hardest games of the group... idiots. Great performances by Robinson and Defoe though, maybe its time to rest Owen for a few games eh Sven?

#345 User is offline   caladanbrood 

• Ugly on the Inside

Posted 22 June 2004 - 06:59 AM

2:2 at full time, we loose on penaltiesPosted Image

or maybe better... 7:0 England, Rooney hat-trickPosted Image

#346 Guest_Falco_*

• Group: Unregistered / Not Logged In

Posted 01 September 2004 - 01:11 AM

Rooney is ours! Chelsea? WE are the kings of the transfer market Posted Image Posted Image

#347 User is offline   Gothos 

• Map painting expert

Posted 16 June 2004 - 12:19 PM

hmmm... the portuguese are getting quite tired... typical.
It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; because there is not effort without error and shortcomings; but who does actually strive to do the deed; who knows the great enthusiasm, the great devotion, who spends himself in a worthy cause, who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement and who at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly. So that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat.

#348 User is offline   Satan 

• Hunting for love

Posted 27 July 2004 - 03:39 AM

ronaldo is an incredibly good striker, but I have to take up the point of style of play. in my oppinion there are few that can replace ruud van horseman on manure, simply because he's the the best striker there is inside the box. and he's incredible with a man in his back. the only person I can think of that's better than him in such a situation is mark viduka. never the less, it's a quality ronaldo is lacking. so in my oppinion all this talk about who's the better player is just pointless more often than not.

that said Raul is also a great striker. he never seems to show that when he's on the national. but common, which spanish player does? they're cursed and doomed never to succeed internationally.

and lastly:

Liverpool 5- Celtic 1. Gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaameeeeeet Posted Image

(what? echo?)
Legalise drugs! And murder!

#349 User is offline   caladanbrood 

• Ugly on the Inside

Posted 07 January 2005 - 12:44 AM

Whats more it BOUNCED over the line. How clear does it have to be? It could only have been clearer if it had ripped the net out the back of the goal! You can bet that if it had been Scholes who'd done the same for Untied, the referee would have given it.

The decision explained:
An FA spokesman after the game absolved the linesman of any responsibility for the apparently mistaken decision not to award a goal to Spurs after a shot from the halfway line crossed the goal line by at least a metre.

"The shot came in from an unusual distance and as such caught the linesman out of position forcing him race back towards the goal as the play developed", explained the spokesman, "As he ran, the United scarf
he was wearing under his shirt came loose and fluttered up into his face
obscuring his view and preventing him from making the call. It was just
one of those things."

In response to further questions from the Press the spokesman explained
"If they don't already have a United tattoo most officials on game day
try to wear a scarf or a replica shirt under their regulation kit to show their support for the worlds greatest club. The linesman in this case had chosen to wear a United scarf, a common choice that is in
keeping with FA guidelines. The root cause of the problem lies not with
the linesman but with the players and management of Tottenham Hotspur

Football Club who broke one the most important unwritten rules of the English FA: They placed a shot on target at Old Trafford. Martin Jol is new to this country and perhaps he s not yet familiar with some of our finer traditions. If he doesn't yet understand that for the greater good of the game visiting teams, by tradition, are not expected to try to score at Old Trafford then our officials are in a position to help Mr Jol make that cultural adjustment."

Chuckling to himself the FA spokesman added "The goal had to be disallowed to avoid us descending down a slippery slope that would be bad for the national game. It's a fine line the officials have to walk.
If they award a goal this week, next week someone might expect to get a penalty or demand that Van Nistelrooy be booked for diving. Can you imagine? That would just never do. No no no. Shocking, just the thought of it."

#350 User is offline   Gothos 

• Map painting expert

Posted 13 June 2004 - 02:57 PM

@Bryn - agreed.

@Loose - you did? wow. didn't know that.

anyways, for tomorrow:
Italy - Denmark 2:0
Sweden - Bulgaria 3:0

this group has certain victors.
It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; because there is not effort without error and shortcomings; but who does actually strive to do the deed; who knows the great enthusiasm, the great devotion, who spends himself in a worthy cause, who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement and who at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly. So that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat.

#351 Guest_Falco_*

Posted 25 July 2004 - 11:22 PM

Saw the awesome Copa America final today- Brazil equalize with literally the last kick of the game and then go onto beat Argentina in penalties. It was awesome, and even the Brazilian second team looks the goods, I tell you. This Adriano kid may well be the heir to Ronaldo's throne...

#352 Guest_Falco_*

Posted 13 July 2004 - 08:22 PM

Ronaldinho and Deco in the same team, but let Davids go? Man, the Barca football department better shape up quick smart and buy a defensive midfielder...

#353 Guest_fiddler_*

Posted 13 August 2004 - 09:16 AM

So Owen is finally gone. I think Liverpool got a very bad deaal for him only 8 million plus some winger that probably won't cope with english football. It seems to me that Benitez just wanted him out, going to build a new team around Gerrard, probably a better idea as well.

Viera looks to be staying as well, Arsenal asked for too much money. He won't have the same effect for them now they know he was willing to go.

I still think Utd could do with some more cover up front, Bellion and Forlan are mickey mouse footballers. I was impressed by Miller the other night but Utd all ready have a good midfield.

Did ya see Iraq beat Portugal 4-2 in the olympics? Bloody brilliant, beat Ronaldo wished he'd stayed in manchester now!

#354 User is offline   caladanbrood 

• Ugly on the Inside

Posted 16 September 2004 - 08:23 AM

Heinze could be a damn good buy...

#355 User is offline   Lord Gordonis 

• Pursuivant of TQB

Posted 22 June 2004 - 07:02 AM

i think that it will be 2-1 to england with Scholes scoring both goals

#356 Guest_Oblivion_*

Posted 23 June 2004 - 11:29 AM

Then they are wrong cause Bryn is very right. Posted Image

Sweden through, that's nice and now we can all witness the Italians embarrasing themselves.

#357 Guest_Edge_*

Posted 05 January 2005 - 12:52 PM

I stand corrected. I think it is fair to say that the disallowed goal in the Man U v Spurs game puts what Reilly did to shame. How can that not have been a goal? Posted Image

It was a couple of feet over the line. Posted Image

#358 Guest_Falco_*

Posted 03 September 2004 - 09:57 PM

It'll be a current Premiership manager, apparently- and I don't think it'll be O'Leary, McLaren or Allardyce. Might be Bruce, but more likely that Keegan will jump the ailing Man City ship...

#359 User is offline   caladanbrood 

• Ugly on the Inside

Posted 09 September 2004 - 06:07 AM

Giggs is getting a bit past it, and can't even be guarenteed of a regular place playing for Man U anymore. Simon Davies is betterPosted Image

#360 User is offline   Mulch 

• Fist

Posted 25 October 2004 - 01:04 AM

Arse will win the league.

Brood I agree with the Rugby ref senario however given the amount of back-chat and swearing that goes on how many players would be left on the pitch?
"Here's to beer!, the cause of, and solution to, all of life's problems" Homer Simpson

Share this topic:

• 50 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users