#301 User is offline   Gothos 

• Map painting expert
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 12 June 2004 - 12:29 AM

Poland - Japan 3:1
Poland - Japan 3:2
Poland - Bulgaria 3:1

World League starts promising...
It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; because there is not effort without error and shortcomings; but who does actually strive to do the deed; who knows the great enthusiasm, the great devotion, who spends himself in a worthy cause, who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement and who at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly. So that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat.

#302 User is offline   caladanbrood 

• Ugly on the Inside
  • Group: Team Quick Ben

Posted 31 July 2004 - 03:21 AM

I really don't know why we got rid of Ziege, he was really goodPosted Image Edman looks to be good though, I saw a few Sweedish games at Euro 2004, though didn't really notice him.

And Hartson is way past his prime, Celtic are in trouble.

edit: I can't manage to register for that fantasy football, gives an error when you try...
O xein', angellein Lakedaimoniois hoti têde; keimetha tois keinon rhémasi peithomenoi.

#303 User is offline   Gothos 

• Map painting expert

Posted 21 October 2004 - 12:42 AM

what was the score in Barca - Milan?
It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; because there is not effort without error and shortcomings; but who does actually strive to do the deed; who knows the great enthusiasm, the great devotion, who spends himself in a worthy cause, who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement and who at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly. So that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat.

#304 User is offline   Malarion 

• Malarion
  • Interests:Reading...writing...drinking

Posted 19 June 2004 - 05:37 AM

Am I the only person getting fed up hearing about Rooney?
On the telly today they just said he was England's only match-winner.
What happened to all their other stars, then?

The fat kid's good, but he ain't the finished article. And lets face it, it was against the Swiss he scored. The first was an easy header and the second an OG.

Bah, English comentators.
Grumpy is only my middle name.

#305 User is offline   Mulch 

• Fist

Posted 11 June 2004 - 04:37 AM

could be close between him and the BAR's, apparently Jenson has a new engine and it's turned his car into a flying machine!
"Here's to beer!, the cause of, and solution to, all of life's problems" Homer Simpson

#306 User is offline   Malarion 

• Malarion
  • Interests:Reading...writing...drinking

Posted 14 June 2004 - 08:01 AM

Must not laugh....must not laugh...

Bahahahahahaa!!! Posted Image

Soryy, fightinh for composure here.

Bahahahahaaaaaa!!!!!!! Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

So near, and yet so far.
Grumpy is only my middle name.

#307 Guest_LooseCannon_*

• Group: Unregistered / Not Logged In

Posted 13 June 2004 - 03:21 PM

Took me a while to find it but here it is:

1986 - Canada played in the World Cup finals for the first time when the finals were held in Mexico. Playing in Group C, Canada lost 1-0 to France, and 2-0 to both Hungary and the Soviet Union.

We'll be back dammit!

#308 User is offline   Satan 

• Hunting for love

Posted 02 August 2004 - 04:43 AM

dang! I should keep a better eye on the transfere market! chelsea sold hasselbaink?! are they completly insane?! the man is pure class!
Legalise drugs! And murder!

#309 Guest_Falco_*

Posted 16 September 2004 - 05:58 AM

His schoolboy mistake last season meant Porto knocked us out, and if not for RVN at Lyon, we would have lost thanks to him (and the useless git that is currently Mickael Silvestre- would the real Silvestre please stand up?). Anyway, just wait till the match...

#310 User is offline   Lord Gordonis 

• Pursuivant of TQB

Posted 18 June 2004 - 11:02 AM

Posted Image
oh ok just wondering there

#311 User is offline   Tenaka Khan 

• High Fist

Posted 18 June 2004 - 06:30 AM

No problem Seigneur Gordonis, did not really take it that bad Posted Image

#312 User is offline   caladanbrood 

• Ugly on the Inside

Posted 11 November 2004 - 01:05 PM

Would be rather amusing to see ARSEne's face if he puts out his fourth team (still complete with 7 internationals, incidentally), and the mancs chuck on their full strangth first team...
O xein', angellein Lakedaimoniois hoti têde; keimetha tois keinon rhémasi peithomenoi.

#313 Guest_Falco_*

Posted 24 September 2004 - 04:41 AM

First Bryn, now its your turn Brood. Prepare to lose that unbeaten record, and that fine defensive record too...

#314 User is offline   Anomander Rake 

• First Sword

Posted 24 June 2004 - 02:50 PM

I was hoping England would have played the same attacking field they played against Croatia, but instead after scoring a goal early, they just played defensive mainly.

The referee seemed to have it in for the England side, esp in first half, lol. And I can't believe he didn't allow Campbell's goal Posted Image

Oh well, maybe next time.

#315 User is offline   Calot 

• Corporal

Posted 18 July 2004 - 10:12 AM

Tim's out of Wimbledon... Footy was a disaster... Rugby world cup;s looking like a one off...

Just put me out of my misery Posted Image

#316 Guest_Pale Remnants_*

Posted 31 January 2005 - 12:54 PM

So we draw Evertin at Goodison.Hope Rooney keeps his cool.

I went to Old Trafford , for the Man Utd v Middlebore FA cup game on Saturday night, Middlesbrough didn't turn up, but the entrance fee alone was worth it for Ronaldo's step-overs and Rooney's brace...is it ? Is It ? "YES. It's curled in from Rooney...etc"

Some of the Middlebrough fans started chanting "Jose Murinho" and abusing the police so were kicked out. Great fun.

#317 User is offline   Mezla PigDog 

• Malazan Yo Yo Champion 2009
  • Group: Mezla's Thought Police

Posted 24 September 2004 - 05:40 AM

Rooney's too busy not turning up at police stations and paying lots of cash to sleep with haggard old women to play football after all!
Burn rubber =/= warp speed

#318 Guest_Falco_*

Posted 11 September 2004 - 06:04 PM

At least you guys won this weekend- we keep drawing against crap teams, and then only just. At this rate we'll be out of the Premiership race by the end of the month...

#319 Guest_Buck Tooth_*

Posted 31 October 2004 - 06:37 AM

Arjen Robben's going to be the best player in the league very soon. If he learns to stay on his feet. The bloke is scary!

#320 Guest_Falco_*

Posted 08 August 2004 - 03:29 PM

Nice rant. I don't agree with it, but nice nonetheless.

Charity Shield was on, and we got beat 3-1 by Arse Posted Image Still, RVN was out and Fergie was saving our best team for the Champions League qualifiers. Smith's looking good, which is a bonus thanks to RVN being out. Gilberto looks in good form for the Gunners, if Viera does end up going (unlikely now). We still haven't sold that muppet Forlan- even Bellion should be picked before him...

Share this topic:

• 50 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

9 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 9 guests, 0 anonymous users