• Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Sp... sp.... spo... sport!!!

#281 User is offline   Satan 

• Hunting for love
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 19 June 2004 - 01:27 AM

@gothos: sol cambell isn't english. just look at that tan! don't know why you're so loud on that horn, though. he doesn't have polish ancestory.
Legalise drugs! And murder!

#282 User is offline   caladanbrood 

• Ugly on the Inside
  • Group: Team Quick Ben

Posted 14 January 2005 - 09:25 AM

Hmm, I've got a fiver on Morientes to score... now starting to have doubtsPosted Image
O xein', angellein Lakedaimoniois hoti têde; keimetha tois keinon rhémasi peithomenoi.

#283 Guest_Bed Head_*

• Group: Unregistered / Not Logged In

Posted 29 November 2004 - 07:33 AM

Well done the Reds. But will someone tell me what in the hell Lee Carsley was doing scoring a blinding freekick? What's the world coming to?

#284 User is offline   Satan 

• Hunting for love

Posted 15 August 2004 - 12:05 AM

nice freekick from savage too.

and benitez said he was dissapointed with the second half, so I hope not.

#285 User is offline   Mort 

• Captain

Posted 30 July 2004 - 02:44 AM

@MO - its more fun to follow when you are actually over in Europe... smoky afternoons in the pub watching the soccer - oh the memories!!

Speaking of this - is Fantasy Football happening again this year on Malazan??

#286 User is offline   Gothos 

• Map painting expert

Posted 02 July 2004 - 03:49 AM

LOL. haven't seen the match (no TV present at my buddy's place Posted Image), but Greece should now win with Portugal 2:1 again Posted Image

though I've counted on the Czechs, now, GO GREECE! Posted Image

heheh, and the last match with Greece we've played, about a month (?) before EURO2004, we've won 1:0 Posted Image. means we're better than Spain, Portugal, France and Czech Republic? Posted Image
It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; because there is not effort without error and shortcomings; but who does actually strive to do the deed; who knows the great enthusiasm, the great devotion, who spends himself in a worthy cause, who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement and who at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly. So that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat.

#287 User is offline   Gothos 

• Map painting expert

Posted 24 June 2004 - 01:38 PM

hahahah, just got to love David Beckham!
he missed another penalty, LMAO! this just ROCKS!
a change in my sig is coming now!
lol... 2:2 and 6:5 for Portugal in the penalties... YEAH! the english are going home!
It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; because there is not effort without error and shortcomings; but who does actually strive to do the deed; who knows the great enthusiasm, the great devotion, who spends himself in a worthy cause, who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement and who at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly. So that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat.

#288 User is offline   MagnanimousOne 

• Corporal

Posted 04 July 2004 - 06:18 PM

Go Greece! Gotta love the underdog - unless your Portugese.

How big of a longshot is that? Not being a fan of the sport I don't know but to me it seems like an all-timer. Anybody have a comparison they would make?

#289 User is offline   Satan 

• Hunting for love

Posted 22 June 2004 - 09:08 AM

yeah, but have only scored 2. just goes to show that a draw (huh! ka-peow! you be dead!) isn't good enough

#290 User is offline   Fist Gamet 

• Mortal Sword
  • Interests:Writing, reading, writing, climbing, writing, scuba diving and writing (not at the same time)

Posted 20 September 2004 - 12:51 PM

Posted Image *sob* our precious home record is gone, done by Henke...how could he...ah well, at least Rangers are all but out of the title race (a race with one runner!) and might even be worse than last year! Sorry Mal!
Victory is mine!

#291 User is offline   caladanbrood 

• Ugly on the Inside
  • Group: Team Quick Ben

Posted 11 January 2005 - 02:04 AM

Why couldn't Chealsea-Barca have been the final though? That would have been much better. Ach, well...
O xein', angellein Lakedaimoniois hoti têde; keimetha tois keinon rhémasi peithomenoi.

#292 User is offline   Fist Gamet 

• Mortal Sword
  • Interests:Writing, reading, writing, climbing, writing, scuba diving and writing (not at the same time)

Posted 26 June 2004 - 05:38 AM

Posted Image I know BAD will rip into me for this one but I just have to say it

MAWUHUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA!

I was sitting in an English Pub in Spain watching it...oh, you should have seen the abuse I got when Rui Costa scored that storming goal! Ah, so worth it! And, you know, I have no problem with the fans or even the players - what you need to realise is that we Scots, Welsh and Irish only want England knocked out so we do not have to hear quite so much dreadful nationalist and arrogant bile from the commentators. I get the feeling that listening to them must make even you guys sick! That pompous twat Joe Royle even had the cheek to cry about being "cheated"! Lemme see, hmm, outplayed almost all night, scored after three minutes then Sven decides to protect that lead for the rest of the game, Shrek went off injured...ah, but enough, I had my fun.

Should be a good game tonight
Victory is mine!

#293 User is offline   Orfantal 

• First Sword

Posted 18 October 2004 - 02:47 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Falco:
Noooooooooo, not another f*cking draw! F*cking Birmingham...

Ha damn Mancs! Shame we didn't take all three points but you red weevils held on. Posted Image

#294 Guest__*

Posted 15 June 2004 - 07:35 AM

Yeah but Gothos England also hammered the Germasn's 5 - 1 in a qualifying match a few years back. Then in the real tournament, Germany went further than England. As always the German's come through with the goods when it counts Posted Image.

And Bah that penalty decision last night which Ibrahimovis scored from. That was the worst penalty decision I have seen in a long time, there was no cantact at all and the Bulgarian player had his hands up before that LOSER Swede dived to the floor. Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Tsk! Tsk!

#295 Guest_fiddler_*

Posted 12 August 2004 - 11:26 AM

I don't think Morientes is going anywhere alright.
Think Alonso would be a pretty good purchase, he's a physical enough player should suit the english game.
It looks like a number of the newcastle players will miss the opener due to conjuctivtis. Supposedly Given is half blind, not a good attribute for your keeper Posted Image

#296 User is offline   Malarion 

• Malarion
  • Interests:Reading...writing...drinking

Posted 05 February 2005 - 07:05 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Falco:
Barry Ferguson, what a loser, sulks off back to Rangers in the 2 team league (speaking whereof, losing Mal and Gamet really has sapped some of the passion off this thread).

Haha
BF going back to Rangers is great for the club, but a BIG mistake for the player. He's a pretty decent centre midfield, who could have went bigger than Blackburn, but his persoanl issues (ie a wife unprepared to move south) has ****ed all of this. Posted Image

Oh, and bring back the passion. Where is that lefty, anyway? His team is in love with Rangers rejects, it seems. Every time we show interest in someone, Celtic sign them. Biggest club in the world. Not even in Scotland, mate. Posted Image

Did anyone see that, BTW.
Some suit from Celtic said that they'd be the BIGGEST team in the world if they played in the Premiership.

*Coughs* Man U *coughs* Real Madrid *coughs* AC Milan...etc

Both Rangers and Celtic would be big clubs in England (after a few seasons), but we'd never be Man U. We'd compete with Liverpool, Newcastle etc, but thats about it.

Still, England wouldn't have them. And why would they. Another two big clubs fighting for the same restrictive prizes into Europe.
NOT GOING TO HAPPEN.

Amen

Posted Image
Grumpy is only my middle name.

#297 User is offline   Satan 

• Hunting for love

Posted 19 July 2004 - 01:28 AM

yeah, where'd bellamy get that ego? isn't like he's won anything...

#298 User is offline   Satan 

• Hunting for love

Posted 11 October 2004 - 03:39 AM

if italy gets their act togeather, like they showed us norwegians, they can be a real competitor for the gold for once. that was some real quality football, and I don't even think they were in the highest gear. I'm betting the slovanian game was just a mishap.

#299 Guest_Fingon_*

Posted 12 June 2004 - 02:21 PM

On the F1 front a pretty good qualifying session. The Michelins appear very good over one lap and to be honest Michael didnt appear to be on the limit out of the final chicane. Pity about Sato, he could have been a real contender tommorow.

#300 Guest_Pale Remnants_*

Posted 29 September 2004 - 12:57 PM

OK so Chelski won...but how dull are they ? Drogba is the new Ravenelli ( Italian for Radish btw )

Share this topic:

• 50 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

3 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users