• Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Sp... sp.... spo... sport!!!

#261 Guest__*

• Group: Unregistered / Not Logged In

Posted 26 June 2004 - 04:53 AM

@Posted Image

I didn't say we were good, never said we were great (Who said they great btw?). But maybe from when we won the world cup. . . and actual qualify for tournaments on this level Posted Image.

(waits for an inevitable comeback fromPosted Image about england not qualifying for USA'94)

#262 User is offline   Farad 

• Fist
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 17 June 2004 - 12:39 PM

Posted Image

a very good match for france Posted Image
two matches two penalties

#263 User is offline   Mulch 

• Fist

Posted 25 October 2004 - 01:21 AM

I agree about the sin bin too - it would give the fourth offical something to do... other than adding Man U time to the clock. Posted Image
"Here's to beer!, the cause of, and solution to, all of life's problems" Homer Simpson

#264 User is offline   Gothos 

• Map painting expert

Posted 17 June 2004 - 09:57 AM

well, I haven't been watching it from the beginning, but there was a penalty at least once for Switzerland.
but it doesn't change that the Swiss aren't a competition at the european level. really. even we play better.
It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; because there is not effort without error and shortcomings; but who does actually strive to do the deed; who knows the great enthusiasm, the great devotion, who spends himself in a worthy cause, who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement and who at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly. So that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat.

#265 User is offline   caladanbrood 

• Ugly on the Inside
  • Group: Team Quick Ben

Posted 28 September 2004 - 11:53 AM

funny, generally when you're "pulled back" you fall towards the person doing the pulling, not away from them (yet incidentally right into the ref's line of sight...) Posted Image

quote:
If not for Robinson it would have been way more than 1-0
I know... great isn't itPosted Image If not for your team turning up we'd have won by milesPosted Image
Incidentally, are you gonna get yourselves a good goalie anytime? Cudicini mayhaps?
O xein', angellein Lakedaimoniois hoti têde; keimetha tois keinon rhémasi peithomenoi.

#266 User is offline   Satan 

• Hunting for love

Posted 14 July 2004 - 05:20 AM

bah. barcelona is better off without mr. bigtit. he fondles the ball too much and slows down the play.
Legalise drugs! And murder!

#267 User is offline   MagnanimousOne 

• Corporal

Posted 13 August 2004 - 05:42 AM

Why did Owen have to go to Madrid? Benitez said once Owen found out Madrid was interested, it was all over. Is Madrid a big step up for Owen?

Also, it appears this means Viera is not going anywhere. I guess it was one or the other to Real Madrid?

So owen feels like Madrid is an opportunity he can't pass up, whereas Viera prefers to stay in the Premiership with Arsenal. Because Arse is a better team?

#268 User is offline   caladanbrood 

• Ugly on the Inside

Posted 22 November 2004 - 12:21 AM

Grea rugby weekendPosted Image quality win by a completely untested England side, although many of the South African "players to watch" horrifically underperformed... Martin Corry played the best match of his live... Hodgson is over-hypedPosted Image
O xein', angellein Lakedaimoniois hoti têde; keimetha tois keinon rhémasi peithomenoi.

#269 Guest_The First Sword_*

Posted 24 June 2004 - 02:11 PM

Uh oh, England lost...I imagine that there will be huge riots in the streets of London tonight.

#270 User is offline   Farad 

• Fist

Posted 30 July 2004 - 08:10 AM

i'm in. hope i will have more luck than during the EC

#271 Guest_Falco_*

Posted 22 June 2004 - 09:13 PM

The Portugal-England match will produce the winner of the tournament now I think. This is definitely Portugal's chance to deliver on its home soil after so many big names have crashed out. France still a big chance, and I'm still rooting for Holland though.

#272 User is offline   Gothos 

• Map painting expert

Posted 24 June 2004 - 08:43 PM

okay okay okay... I think you need a fresh eye on this:
1. england played defensively and it had to end like in England - France, in these champs it always does. safeguarding isn't the way.
2. Campbell's goal was null and void. that guy there, next to him (Gerrard?) was wrestling the goalkeeper, and I reckon this isn't allowed Posted Image.
3. the referee was suprisingly OK, he didn't go for the portuguese tricks, so numerous in that game.
4. it's hard to blame your team. after all, you have Beckham...
It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; because there is not effort without error and shortcomings; but who does actually strive to do the deed; who knows the great enthusiasm, the great devotion, who spends himself in a worthy cause, who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement and who at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly. So that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat.

#273 User is offline   Gothos 

• Map painting expert

Posted 14 June 2004 - 11:45 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Fist Gamet:
And the truth is, I would have no problem enjoying the english games and wishing them well if it wasn't for the english commentators. I mean, seriously, do you (any english person out there) not cringe with embarressment at the things they say?

For example: Just as the Sweden v Bulgaria game kicks off ..."Well, last night it was the heavy weights, and now for the cruiser weights"

Or, at half time last night ..."All is well in the world."

and so on... ARGHHHHHHHH!

hehe that's really annoying. what's worse, our commentators go "for" the big teams, like: today, Swedes don't make fouls, they "fight valiantly for the ball", but the bulgarians foul all the time Posted Image

oh, and, when was the last time when England beated Sweden? Posted Image

#274 User is offline   Gothos 

• Map painting expert

Posted 26 June 2004 - 07:55 AM

@BAD - we've won the Olympics and been 3rd in the WC of 1974! Posted Image so shaddap about the past glories Posted Image we've had some too Posted Image

anyways, who says that? your commentaries shout about that all the time until you lose in the quarters or something like that Posted Image

#275 User is offline   caladanbrood 

• Ugly on the Inside

Posted 06 June 2004 - 10:17 AM

Go IrelandPosted Image Impressive win!

And I'm sure the doubling in salary has nothing to do with his enthusiasm to come and manage usPosted Image

we could be great againPosted Image We were the original Man Untied, I'll have you know, young whippersnapperPosted ImagePosted Image

#276 User is offline   Satan 

• Hunting for love

Posted 14 June 2004 - 01:35 AM

because rooney is an ass, and he was bound to get himself into trouble sooner or later. so if they wanted to use him futher on in the tournament, he had to come off. besides, heskey is a better first defender than rooney. they were aiming for that 1-0 victory.
Legalise drugs! And murder!

#277 User is offline   caladanbrood 

• Ugly on the Inside

Posted 03 June 2004 - 04:22 PM

Posted Image

welcome to a new thread, by Jaques Santini, Spurs managerPosted Image

we also now have 5 - yes! 5 goalkeepers... is this not slightly over the top, even for a team with a defence as crap as spurs?Posted Image

damn you cadzPosted Image

#278 User is offline   kettle 

• Fist

Posted 11 June 2004 - 04:25 AM

well it is the Canadian Grand Prix this weekend, any predictions? or do you think like Ralph Schumacher, who is growing weary of his brothers domination of the sport, that it will be Michael Schumacher all the way, and Ralph is apparently finding it boring being unable to beat Ferrari, maybe this explains why he has such difficulty keeping the car on the track and being the cause of several accidents Posted Image maybe then he would have a chance to beat his brother...

#279 Guest_Cyandor_*

Posted 24 June 2004 - 03:29 AM

Not a real fan but whooo go Dutch!. actual pride in our national team returning. A big thank you to the Checks for lending a hand. Merchants had allready started pricing down all the orange gear. Guess prices are back up again Posted Image

#280 Guest_Pale Remnants_*

Posted 14 December 2004 - 10:33 AM

Top Trumps ya Brood.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/t...uth/4094219.stm

Share this topic:

• 50 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

25 User(s) are reading this topic