Malazan Empire: Soldier of Death, Seguleh, T'orrud Cabal Analysis - Malazan Empire

• 12 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Soldier of Death, Seguleh, T'orrud Cabal Analysis

#221 User is offline   Tiger_sword 

• First Sword
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 07 June 2006 - 08:21 PM

It is possible then that he doesn't even know who Dassem is! I reckon that If Hood is a Jaghut then he was probably one of the first if not THE first Jaghut.

#222 User is offline   Dolorous Menhir 

• God
  • Group: Wiki Contributor

Posted 07 June 2006 - 08:26 PM

Well, thinking about it some more - the Soldier definitely demonstrates he's been out of touch with Genebackan affairs for a very long time.

But it's very hard to believe that he didn't know of Dassem Ultor, who was after all the Knight of Death, and what happened between Ultor and Hood, considering he is a member of their House (Death).

• Group: Unregistered / Not Logged In

Posted 07 June 2006 - 08:33 PM

GingerBreadMan said:

Due to the vow, they send an incredible amount of souls his way. It is not as if they are immortal, they can die, and they will die. Hood is a older God and I doubt he is so impatient he won't wait a thousand years.

Those souls would go Hood's way anywayhow... but the Avowed are cheating :(

But it's very hard to believe that he didn't know of Dassem Ultor, who was after all the Knight of Death, and what happened between Ultor and Hood, considering he is a member of their House (Death).

I agree

#224 User is offline   Tiger_sword 

• First Sword

Posted 07 June 2006 - 08:46 PM

Dolorous Menhir said:

Good point. However, his lack of modern knowledge could mean that we are overlooking what he is saying/doing.

All i want to know is Why is hood so damn interested in Darujastan? Why would he pi$$ of the seguleh so much just for cutter to meet him?

#225 User is offline   GingerBreadMan 

• High Fist

Posted 07 June 2006 - 11:03 PM

Hetan said:

Those souls would go Hood's way anywayhow... but the Avowed are cheating :(

Eventually, but due to the Vow the souls are going to him at a faster rate.

If he is willing to wait till the souls go his way naturally, why would he care about the Avowed?

They are not immortal, why would Hood get so impatient about so few souls getting a little extra time.

If he prefers souls to enter his realm rapidly, he should thank the Avowed since they are giving him so many souls.

If he doesn't care if the souls take a while to get to his realm, why would he care about the Avowed getting a little extra time?

#226 User is offline   Illuyankas 

• Retro Classic
  • Group: The Hateocracy of Truth
  • Will cluck you up

Posted 07 June 2006 - 11:15 PM

It's an affront to Hood. He doesn't take insults very well.
Hello, soldiers, look at your mage, now back to me, now back at your mage, now back to me. Sadly, he isn’t me, but if he stopped being an unascended mortal and switched to Sole Spice, he could smell like he’s me. Look down, back up, where are you? You’re in a warren with the High Mage your cadre mage could smell like. What’s in your hand, back at me. I have it, it’s an acorn with two gates to that realm you love. Look again, the acorn is now otataral. Anything is possible when your mage smells like Sole Spice and not a Bole brother. I’m on a quorl.

#227 User is offline   Monoch Ochem 

• First Sword

Posted 08 June 2006 - 03:06 PM

Hood needs to grow up. I don't even trust him as an ally against the CG..recall how quickly he moved against Fener?
"We greet you Jaghut."

Share this topic:

• 12 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users