Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

The greatest game of cricket EVER!!!!

#1 User is offline   dktorode 

• Luck is my middle name, Mind you, my first name is Bad."
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 12 March 2006 - 04:16 PM

South Africa vs Australia....870 runs scored in the match!
Australia batted first and scores a monster 434/4 the highest one day international score ever(by far)...impossible to beat????
I THINK NOT!!!!
Pontings 167 was surpassed by Gibbs' 175 and South africa came back in world class style to finish it with one ball to spare.

has to be the best game of cricket EVER played...even you canadians can appreciate that :p
Will never be another game like that as long as i live me thinks!!!!!!!!
...┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐...

Why dont they make the whole plane out of that black box stuff?

#2 User is offline   Arkmam 

• Titanium Nipple
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • Interests:Reading, playing board games, taking walks

Posted 12 March 2006 - 04:25 PM

Whatabahatta?
"If you got dragnipur'd, chaos would move closer."
- Ancient Malazan insult

#3 User is offline   RodeoRanch 

• The Midnight Special
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 12 March 2006 - 05:52 PM

dktorode said:

South Africa vs Australia....870 runs scored in the match!
Australia batted first and scores a monster 434/4 the highest one day internation score ever(by far)...impossible to beat????
I THINK NOT!!!!
Pontings 167 was surpassed by Gibbs' 175 and South africa came back in world class style to finish it with one ball to spare.

has to be the best game of cricket EVER played...even you canadians can appreciate that :p
Will never be another game like that as long as i live me thinks!!!!!!!!

I've no idea what this means. :p

#4 User is offline   dktorode 

Posted 12 March 2006 - 06:11 PM

ignorance is bliss!! :p
let me just say then that this game of cricket made baseball look like watching paint dry!
...┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐...

#5 User is offline   Anomander 

• Wielder of Dragnipur

Posted 12 March 2006 - 06:15 PM

Considering baseball is the most boring sport ever, I don't imagine that would be hard to do.
And so the First denied their Mother,
in their fury, and so were cast out,
doomed children of Mother Dark.

#6 User is offline   Leoman 

• First Sword

Posted 12 March 2006 - 08:31 PM

Cricket, pshh. Semi Finals for coty championships in hockey today, double overtime, we won 3-2. THAT was intense.

#7 User is offline   Rich the Great 

• First Sword

Posted 12 March 2006 - 08:43 PM

Yeah, wish I could have seen that match. Unfortunately cricket is only televised on Sky, and you cant just get Sky Sports on its own.

#8 User is offline   megaphage 

• Lieutenant

Posted 12 March 2006 - 11:24 PM

Yeah man respect to SA show those aussies whats what! :p

#9 User is offline   Gothos 

• Map painting expert

Posted 13 March 2006 - 12:59 AM

cricket... ever read Douglas Adams? :p
that has to be THE most sucky game. ever.
It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; because there is not effort without error and shortcomings; but who does actually strive to do the deed; who knows the great enthusiasm, the great devotion, who spends himself in a worthy cause, who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement and who at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly. So that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat.

#10 User is offline   Illuyankas 

• Retro Classic
  • Group: The Hateocracy of Truth
  • Will cluck you up

Posted 13 March 2006 - 03:55 AM

Wrong. Golf is. It's a walk with interruptions.
Hello, soldiers, look at your mage, now back to me, now back at your mage, now back to me. Sadly, he isn’t me, but if he stopped being an unascended mortal and switched to Sole Spice, he could smell like he’s me. Look down, back up, where are you? You’re in a warren with the High Mage your cadre mage could smell like. What’s in your hand, back at me. I have it, it’s an acorn with two gates to that realm you love. Look again, the acorn is now otataral. Anything is possible when your mage smells like Sole Spice and not a Bole brother. I’m on a quorl.

#11 User is offline   Tsundoku 

• A what?

Posted 13 March 2006 - 07:11 AM

*groan*

Our bowlers have had their citizenship revoked and will never darken our shores again. Our batsmen get 434 and THE BOWLERS CAN'T DEFEND IT??!!?? A bloody under 12 school team could have bowled better.
Line and Length, you clowns. They can't hit boundaries off Yorkers, either. OK, maybe they can, but it's VERY BLOODY DIFFICULT! I said Mick Lewis was crap during the ODIs here earlier, and I was right.

And losing to Seth Efrica, urgh, it's almost as bad as losing to the Kiwis ... :p
Gawd, now they actually might have some credibility to the delusion that they're any good.

Just shows how valuable Glenn McGrath is to us, and Shaun Pollock to the Yarpies.

Well done to the Proteas. Hopefully it will never happen again.

Cheers,

La Sombra, still can't f**king believe it ... F**K F**K F**K!!! (ad infinitum) :p
How do you do that banging-head-against-the-wall icon?

Note to Mods: yes there is swearing present, and I apologise to the easily offended but I believe it is in context as being the only way possible to truly convey my VERY deep feelings on the subject. Thank you.
"Fortune favors the bold, though statistics favor the cautious." - Indomitable Courteous (Icy) Fist, The Palace Job - Patrick Weekes

"Well well well ... if it ain't The Invisible C**t." - Billy Butcher, The Boys

"I have strong views about not tempting providence and, as a wise man once said, the difference between luck and a wheelbarrow is, luck doesn’t work if you push it." - Colonel Orhan, Sixteen Ways to Defend a Walled City - KJ Parker

• Group: Unregistered / Not Logged In

Posted 13 March 2006 - 08:06 AM

quote] La Sombra, still can't f**king believe it ... F**K F**K F**K!!! (ad infinitum) :p
How do you do that banging-head-against-the-wall icon?

Note to Mods: yes there is swearing present, and I apologise to the easily offended but I believe it is in context as being the only way possible to truly convey my VERY deep feelings on the subject. Thank you.[/quote]

@ La Sombra
you put this : admin : but leave out the space.... full list of smilies is here

your words are forgiven.. wanting to do the same thing myself watching this so-called test from India. :p

#13 User is offline   Gothos 

• Map painting expert

Posted 13 March 2006 - 02:04 PM

golf r0x0rz
It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; because there is not effort without error and shortcomings; but who does actually strive to do the deed; who knows the great enthusiasm, the great devotion, who spends himself in a worthy cause, who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement and who at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly. So that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat.

#14 Guest_BAD_*

• Group: Unregistered / Not Logged In

Posted 13 March 2006 - 02:16 PM

Golf - the best way to spoil a good walk. Winston Churchill said that.

Need to see Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels again I think. :cool:

#15 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 13 March 2006 - 07:21 PM

If this was the best game match ever, does that mean we can just put the game away and never have to look at it again now?

- Abyss, only saw merit in cricket when there was alcohol involved.
THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

#16 User is offline   dktorode 

Posted 14 March 2006 - 01:54 AM

If you wanna write snide comments about cricket I believe there is a worst sports poll that you can do it in! :p

Anyway did anyone see the match? I meen common it was something extra ordinary!
im not a die hard cricket fan but there will never be a nother match like this....ever.... it was just too amazing!
its like getting a baseball score between the two worlds top baseball teams of 41-40!
or a hocky score between USA and Canada of 25-24 !
let me put it this way the score that Australia made was a world record score but they didnt just break the world record...they annihilated it, then for South Africa to go and beat that score is what makes it so amazing!!
if one team scores a high score ..well yes it would be very good but for BOTH teams to do it and be so close...its just something that is not likely to ever happen again!
...┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐...

#17 User is offline   Tsundoku 

• A what?

Posted 14 March 2006 - 07:46 AM

Thanks Hetan. :p

Now I can vent ... :p :p :p :D :p

*sigh*

Cheers,

La Sombra, in mourning for Australian Cricket RIP 2006
"Fortune favors the bold, though statistics favor the cautious." - Indomitable Courteous (Icy) Fist, The Palace Job - Patrick Weekes

"Well well well ... if it ain't The Invisible C**t." - Billy Butcher, The Boys

"I have strong views about not tempting providence and, as a wise man once said, the difference between luck and a wheelbarrow is, luck doesn’t work if you push it." - Colonel Orhan, Sixteen Ways to Defend a Walled City - KJ Parker

#18 User is offline   Anomander Rake 

• First Sword

Posted 14 March 2006 - 09:59 AM

I didn't see the game, but from the Score is sounds like one of the best One-Day games.

I do believe that that score will be beaten within next few years, as more and more teams are getting better at hitting at faster rates, as well as the One-Day rules being more and more batsmen friendly (not to mention shorter boundries).

#19 User is offline   caladanbrood 

• Ugly on the Inside
  • Group: Team Quick Ben

Posted 15 March 2006 - 11:38 AM

It was an amazing match, aye. And great to see the aussies beaten!!:p:p

They must have moved the boundaries in, thats all I can say:p
O xein', angellein Lakedaimoniois hoti têde; keimetha tois keinon rhémasi peithomenoi.

#20 User is offline   dktorode 

Posted 01 April 2006 - 10:31 AM

This is how we won!!!!!!
...┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐...

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users