Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Painting

#1 User is offline   Menandore 

• High Fist
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 19 February 2006 - 04:39 PM

Everyone over in the phoenix inn seemed quite excited about the idea of someone new posting art so I thought I better not keep you waiting. I don't have a scanner so I had to take a digi photo and my camera is a bit naff so the quality of this is also a bit naff so I apologize. I will get a friend to scan it in at some point and let you see if it is better. I have fixed it up best I can with a photo editor.

Again, apologies for the poor quality, but here it is....

Posted Image

#2 User is offline   Puck 

• Mausetöter

Posted 19 February 2006 - 06:58 PM

Looks really good! The dragon seems to be a kind of alive ;)
The eyes and the pose...
I like it! :)
Puck was not birthed, she was cleaved from a lava flow and shaped by a fierce god's hands. - [worry]
Ninja Puck, Ninja Puck, really doesn't give a fuck..? - [King Lear]

#3 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

• Faith, Heavy Metal & Bacon

Posted 25 February 2006 - 12:28 AM

Wow Aurora that's a great picture. I am always jealous of people who can paint/draw/do anything vaguely artistic. So thanks! You have been added to my "people to be jealous of" list. :)
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#4 User is offline   Dolmen 2.0 

• is probably lying
  • View gallery
  • Group: Malazan Artist
  • Interests:Walks in the park.

Waiting till jean gets here.

Posted 25 February 2006 - 07:17 PM

Despite naff-ness its really good Aurora. If you get most of your work scanned upload them on a pic server and post us a link. I'd love to see more of your stuff at a more justified size. Ask simeon for some good upload sights:D.

Edit: PS. The dragon looks really kewl, is it a representation? or your own kewl idea?
“Behind this mask there is more than just flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea... and ideas are bulletproof Gas-Fireproof.”

#5 User is offline   Trotts 

• Barghast Sapper-Wannabe
  • Group: LHTEC

Posted 25 February 2006 - 09:00 PM

very wicked, too bad you dont have a scanner.

you realize now youve whetted our appetites, and youre gonna have to sit at a table all day 24/7 churing out this calibre of artwork

#6 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

• Faith, Heavy Metal & Bacon

Posted 28 February 2006 - 11:46 PM

Trotts said:

very wicked, too bad you dont have a scanner.
Perhaps we could have a forum whip-round to get her a scanner? I mean the MOD's get paid well enough for their jobs, they should be able to chip a fair amount in, each. :) j/k
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#7 User is offline   Menandore 

• High Fist

Posted 06 March 2006 - 11:32 PM

Thanks for all the compliments :Blush2:

My dad now has a scanner but I still havent got round to taking that painting off the board! I still think I might add a bit of colour (or grayness at least) to the background. I dont think I have anything else at the moment worthy of putting up. Maybe I can dig out some sketches but definately no paintings.

@Dolmen - I did some browsing for inspiration and found a picture of a dragon tattoo on the web, which is basically where I got the idea from. I'm not sure if that's cheating since I did it all freehand, but I'm afraid my talent is pretty limited and when I try to do things straight from my imagination they are absolute rubbish. I always need something to copy from - ideally a photograph so that I don't feel like I'm plagiarising someone else's work.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users