• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Why I hate Kruppe

#21 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 13 October 2007 - 09:22 AM

The Cult of Dessembrae;213802 said:

An utter thread revival but I wanted to make a small point about Pust. No other thread is/was as relevant as this that I can find.

Pust underplays his dangerous nature, by blurting out his 'feelings' that are of a most dangerous nature, therefore people think that not only is he a bit mad but that they have the upper hand because they now know his plans so they can take advantage of that fact. What better way to convince your opponent that they are one step ahead of you than telling them a version of events which fits the bill, especially when you appear too mad to realise that you are actually doing it. It's genius in a way, it's his way of hiding behind his real powers. He gives off the impression that he's mad and relatively powerless, instead of conniving and hiding behind a powerful barrier. Just wait and see.

I don't think this is true. I think he is stark raving mad. He doesn't realise he's talking aloud at all, he's just shadowcrazy.

#22 User is offline   chill 

• Child of Malkav
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 13 October 2007 - 09:47 AM

Aptorian;213954 said:

I don't think this is true. I think he is stark raving mad. He doesn't realise he's talking aloud at all, he's just shadowcrazy.

Pust: I have tricked this one, hee hee! But he doesn't realise that, no, he's from Denmark, they don't have mountains, haha!! Now I must make him do something for me, yes, I will make him rep me! Just as my master wills! But I must stay unnoticed, before he becomes suspicious, I must keep it to myself! What a brilliant plan... AHEM, anyone for dinner?

:o
Kif: Sir, remember your course correction?
Captain Zapp: No.
Kif: Well, it's proving somewhat more suicidal than we'd initially hoped.

#23 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 13 October 2007 - 12:16 PM

chill;213961 said:

Pust: I have tricked this one, hee hee! But he doesn't realise that, no, he's from Denmark, they don't have mountains, haha!! Now I must make him do something for me, yes, I will make him rep me! Just as my master wills! But I must stay unnoticed, before he becomes suspicious, I must keep it to myself! What a brilliant plan... AHEM, anyone for dinner?

:o

Weird I get this sudden urge to neg-rep somebody...

#24 User is offline   Dolorous Menhir 

• God
  • Group: Wiki Contributor

Posted 13 October 2007 - 12:29 PM

Aptorian;213954 said:

But he said in DG that he was just talking crazy to put people off, and it was a part of his plan to seem less important than he was. Of course, he revealed that in one of his crazy rants, but I still think it's right.

#25 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 13 October 2007 - 12:36 PM

I get your meaning and I remember something along those lines aswell but I think its more than that. Its like one part of him just prattles on and doesn't even realise what he's saying and another part of him knows that he's prattling on but it doesn't matter because he believes in his own brilliance and his surroundings incompetence.

#26 User is offline   ch'arlz 

• Lo-Fi Version

Posted 13 October 2007 - 12:46 PM

Aptorian;213989 said:

Its like one part of him just prattles on and doesn't even realise what he's saying

yeah, it seems like a kind of Tourette's syndrome, but he just doesn't care because everything will work out according to plan.
Shaken, not stirred.

#27 User is offline   redJAKO 

• Sergeant

Posted 08 June 2009 - 12:17 PM

Pust also worries even ST...chatting it up with Dancer "that priest of your's" towards the end of DG...

He's rather psychotic. He only had 1-2 "peaks" of seeming intelligence through his rambling speak-thought (speaking whatever the hell he was thinking)...they were rare enough to be discounted, or highly important :)

Spoiler

I actually think many times that Pust is just an Avatar of ST :) Highly similar..

#28 User is offline   Stiehl9s 

• Ascended

Posted 30 June 2009 - 10:40 AM

I also think Kruppe is very powerful and highly intelligent. Even Brood tried to hammer him down but only maneaged to raise a new mountain range and was it Whiskeyjack that said Kruppe had just taught everyone a lesson in strength or power?

and Im with Chill on Pust. His crazy ramblings are part of his schtick and he does say a few times (if you read carefully) that he says things out loud to mislead. And many people say that ST was mad so how else would his High Priest act?

This post has been edited by Stiehl9s: 30 June 2009 - 10:45 AM

#29 User is offline   Sanctume 

• Lieutenant
  • Interests:Reading

Posted 08 July 2009 - 09:59 PM

I like the writer's outlet through Kruppe. But sometimes, it's too much so I gloss over what he rambles on.

#30 User is offline   HoosierDaddy 

• Believer
  • Interests:Football

Posted 08 July 2009 - 10:06 PM

Awesome zombie resurrection going on here. Kruppe is at his best in MoI, I think.
Trouble arrives when the opponents to such a system institute its extreme opposite, where individualism becomes godlike and sacrosanct, and no greater service to any other ideal (including community) is possible. In such a system rapacious greed thrives behind the guise of freedom, and the worst aspects of human nature come to the fore....

#31 User is offline   Illuyankas 

• Retro Classic
  • Group: The Hateocracy of Truth
  • Will cluck you up

Posted 08 July 2009 - 10:07 PM

You misacronymed MT there, Hoos.
Hello, soldiers, look at your mage, now back to me, now back at your mage, now back to me. Sadly, he isn’t me, but if he stopped being an unascended mortal and switched to Sole Spice, he could smell like he’s me. Look down, back up, where are you? You’re in a warren with the High Mage your cadre mage could smell like. What’s in your hand, back at me. I have it, it’s an acorn with two gates to that realm you love. Look again, the acorn is now otataral. Anything is possible when your mage smells like Sole Spice and not a Bole brother. I’m on a quorl.

#32 User is offline   HoosierDaddy 

• Believer

Posted 08 July 2009 - 10:10 PM

Huh?

Joke I'm not getting?
Trouble arrives when the opponents to such a system institute its extreme opposite, where individualism becomes godlike and sacrosanct, and no greater service to any other ideal (including community) is possible. In such a system rapacious greed thrives behind the guise of freedom, and the worst aspects of human nature come to the fore....

#33 User is offline   Illuyankas 

• Retro Classic
  • Will cluck you up

Posted 08 July 2009 - 10:11 PM

Yes. I am not a fan of Kruppe, if that helps.
Hello, soldiers, look at your mage, now back to me, now back at your mage, now back to me. Sadly, he isn’t me, but if he stopped being an unascended mortal and switched to Sole Spice, he could smell like he’s me. Look down, back up, where are you? You’re in a warren with the High Mage your cadre mage could smell like. What’s in your hand, back at me. I have it, it’s an acorn with two gates to that realm you love. Look again, the acorn is now otataral. Anything is possible when your mage smells like Sole Spice and not a Bole brother. I’m on a quorl.

#34 User is offline   HoosierDaddy 

• Believer

Posted 08 July 2009 - 10:13 PM

Ah. Okay, I get it then. That's some mightily sarcastic humor there, Illy.

#35 User is offline   Illuyankas 

• Retro Classic
  • Will cluck you up

Posted 08 July 2009 - 10:13 PM

Well, I am a towering tower of pithy wit. At least that's how I believe it's pronounced.

This post has been edited by Illuyankas: 08 July 2009 - 10:14 PM

#36 User is offline   Kruppe of Darujhistan 

• Justly Vilified
  • Cheating Hood since 1955

Posted 16 July 2009 - 04:02 PM

Kruppe is my favorite. I don't care what anyone says. Even Erikson is surprised by the Kruppe backlash. If you've never tried third-person-speak, then you don't know what you're missing. It may be annoying to read, but it's a blast to write. Probably why Erikson enjoys Kruppe so much himself.

I'm fortunate in that I have an alt on another forums that has been using verbose and byzantine third-person-speak for over seven years in more than 2000 posts, so impersonating Kruppe is a piece of cake.

Stiehl9s, on Jun 30 2009, 05:40 AM, said:

I also think Kruppe is very powerful and highly intelligent. Even Brood tried to hammer him down but only maneaged to raise a new mountain range and was it Whiskeyjack that said Kruppe had just taught everyone a lesson in strength or power?

I have yet to catch up to the current storyline, but it's my opinion that
Spoiler

This post has been edited by Kruppe of Darujhistan: 16 July 2009 - 04:10 PM

What is not forbidden is mandatory.

#37 User is offline   Wry 

• High Fist
  • Group: Mezla's Thought Police

Posted 16 July 2009 - 04:07 PM

Kruppe of Darujhistan, on Jul 16 2009, 05:02 PM, said:

Kruppe is my favorite. I don't care what anyone says. Even Erikson is surprised by the Kruppe backlash. If you've never tried third-person-speak, then you don't know what you're missing. It may be annoying to read, but it's a blast to write. Probably why Erikson enjoys Kruppe so much himself.

I'm fortunate in that I have an alt on another forums that has been using it for over seven years in more than 2000 posts, so impersonating Kruppe is a piece of cake.

Stiehl9s, on Jun 30 2009, 05:40 AM, said:

I have yet to catch up to the current storyline, but it's my opinion that
Spoiler

Do you not mean the Queen of Dreams maybe... Burn is nothing to do with dreams apart from her being asleep

Any way, it's obviously K'rull, who's often associated with dreams, manifests in dreams and is linked to the happenings around Kruppeb :harhar:
“Arm yourself, Watson, there is an evil hand afoot ahead"

#38 User is offline   Kruppe of Darujhistan 

• Justly Vilified
  • Cheating Hood since 1955

Posted 16 July 2009 - 04:18 PM

Wry, on Jul 16 2009, 11:07 AM, said:

Do you not mean the Queen of Dreams maybe... Burn is nothing to do with dreams apart from her being asleep

Any way, it's obviously K'rull, who's often associated with dreams, manifests in dreams and is linked to the happenings around Kruppeb :harhar:

No, I do mean Burn. I haven't even been introduced to the Queen of Dreams yet, if she's even in the story beyond just being mentioned in passing every so often.

Yes, K'rul is heavily involved in Kruppe's dreamscape, but I still think Burn is the primary mover Kruppewise.
What is not forbidden is mandatory.

#39 User is offline   PeteW 

• Recruit

Posted 22 July 2009 - 08:10 PM

Cult of Dessembrae+, on Oct 12 2007, 07:28 PM, said:

An utter thread revival but I wanted to make a small point about Pust. No other thread is/was as relevant as this that I can find.

Pust underplays his dangerous nature, by blurting out his 'feelings' that are of a most dangerous nature, therefore people think that not only is he a bit mad but that they have the upper hand because they now know his plans so they can take advantage of that fact. What better way to convince your opponent that they are one step ahead of you than telling them a version of events which fits the bill, especially when you appear too mad to realise that you are actually doing it. It's genius in a way, it's his way of hiding behind his real powers. He gives off the impression that he's mad and relatively powerless, instead of conniving and hiding behind a powerful barrier. Just wait and see.

Word.

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

7 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 7 guests, 0 anonymous users