Malazan Empire: Reading at t'moment? - Malazan Empire

Jump to content

  • 1322 Pages +
  • « First
  • 1301
  • 1302
  • 1303
  • 1304
  • 1305
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Reading at t'moment?

#26041 User is offline   worry 

  • Master of the Deck
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • Posts: 12,955
  • Joined: 24-February 10
  • Location:the buried west

Posted 01 March 2019 - 08:05 PM

It's just a fancy word for 'butt stuff' imo.
They came with white hands and left with red hands.
1

#26042 User is offline   Maark Abbott 

  • [MAXIMUM DISGRUNTLEMENT]
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • Posts: 2,587
  • Joined: 11-November 14
  • Location:Barnsley, UK
  • Interests:Bringing literacy to the folk of Yorkshire

Posted 01 March 2019 - 10:58 PM

View PostTiste Simeon, on 01 March 2019 - 11:52 AM, said:

Exactly TRB. I'm currently not reading much since the baby was born but I love it so much. So I'm rereading Harry Potter. It's light, fun and not too heavy or challenging which is exactly what I need at the moment.

Acting like you're more intellectual than everyone cos you enjoyed a book that was really dense and whatever else just makes you sound like a bit of a pretentious douche.


Right, I'll remember that enjoying well written books over middling to crap rushjobs makes someone a douche. How foolish of me to forget that a book doesn't need to be well written or even enjoyable at the base level before I can consider it to be good. Oh, what a world. What a world.
Facebook - www.facebook[dotcom]/MaarkAbbottWriting / Twitter - @MAbbottWriting / I'm on Goodreads somewhere as well

XBL - Shoryukos / Steam - Angryμaark / PSN - AngryMaark

Debut novel 'Incarnate' now available on Kindle
0

#26043 User is offline   Maark Abbott 

  • [MAXIMUM DISGRUNTLEMENT]
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • Posts: 2,587
  • Joined: 11-November 14
  • Location:Barnsley, UK
  • Interests:Bringing literacy to the folk of Yorkshire

Posted 01 March 2019 - 10:59 PM

View Postworry, on 01 March 2019 - 08:05 PM, said:

It's just a fancy word for 'butt stuff' imo.


W-what are you aksing for baka senpai
Facebook - www.facebook[dotcom]/MaarkAbbottWriting / Twitter - @MAbbottWriting / I'm on Goodreads somewhere as well

XBL - Shoryukos / Steam - Angryμaark / PSN - AngryMaark

Debut novel 'Incarnate' now available on Kindle
0

#26044 User is online   Tiste Simeon 

  • Faith, Heavy Metal & Bacon
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • Posts: 9,498
  • Joined: 08-October 04
  • Location:T'North

Posted 01 March 2019 - 11:21 PM

Yeah cos that was my point... 🙄
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.
0

#26045 User is offline   worry 

  • Master of the Deck
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • Posts: 12,955
  • Joined: 24-February 10
  • Location:the buried west

Posted 01 March 2019 - 11:40 PM

I think the one thing we can all agree on is that heavy metal sucks.
They came with white hands and left with red hands.
0

#26046 User is offline   Abyss 

  • abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Group: Administrators
  • Posts: 18,577
  • Joined: 22-May 03
  • Location:The call is coming from inside the house!!!!
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 02 March 2019 - 06:00 AM

A

View PostMaark Abbott, on 01 March 2019 - 10:58 PM, said:

View PostTiste Simeon, on 01 March 2019 - 11:52 AM, said:

Exactly TRB. I'm currently not reading much since the baby was born but I love it so much. So I'm rereading Harry Potter. It's light, fun and not too heavy or challenging which is exactly what I need at the moment.

Acting like you're more intellectual than everyone cos you enjoyed a book that was really dense and whatever else just makes you sound like a bit of a pretentious douche.


Right, I'll remember that enjoying well written books over middling to crap rushjobs makes someone a douche. How foolish of me to forget that a book doesn't need to be well written or even enjoyable at the base level before I can consider it to be good. Oh, what a world. What a world.


Actually the douchism is the part where you state your subjective opinion as objective fact implicitly overriding anyone else's subjective opinions that don't align w yours.I suppose. I tend not to take that style of expression of opinion very seriously.
.... but seriously Maark.... analacritious.... you just made that up, didn't you?
CHASE: Paw Patrol is ready for action Mr Pust sir!
PUST: *pauses ranting* What does that mean?
ZUMA: It means let's dive in, dude!
PUST: What? What is a dude? WHAT DOES THAT EVEN MEAN?????
-The Malazan Book of the Paw Patrol
3

#26047 User is offline   Maark Abbott 

  • [MAXIMUM DISGRUNTLEMENT]
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • Posts: 2,587
  • Joined: 11-November 14
  • Location:Barnsley, UK
  • Interests:Bringing literacy to the folk of Yorkshire

Posted 02 March 2019 - 06:24 AM

View PostAbyss, on 02 March 2019 - 06:00 AM, said:

A

View PostMaark Abbott, on 01 March 2019 - 10:58 PM, said:

View PostTiste Simeon, on 01 March 2019 - 11:52 AM, said:

Exactly TRB. I'm currently not reading much since the baby was born but I love it so much. So I'm rereading Harry Potter. It's light, fun and not too heavy or challenging which is exactly what I need at the moment.

Acting like you're more intellectual than everyone cos you enjoyed a book that was really dense and whatever else just makes you sound like a bit of a pretentious douche.


Right, I'll remember that enjoying well written books over middling to crap rushjobs makes someone a douche. How foolish of me to forget that a book doesn't need to be well written or even enjoyable at the base level before I can consider it to be good. Oh, what a world. What a world.


Actually the douchism is the part where you state your subjective opinion as objective fact implicitly overriding anyone else's subjective opinions that don't align w yours.I suppose. I tend not to take that style of expression of opinion very seriously.
.... but seriously Maark.... analacritious.... you just made that up, didn't you?


Ah, it's a High House Hydra joke. It ties back to The Unready, whose puerile bleatings have delayed beloved Kharkanas because words are hard.

The Alacrity HHH used to refer was alacrity of thought, so Analacrity was simply Alacrity but run through Korabas so as to abnegate it. We didn't do our jokes simply in HHH, no siree.
Facebook - www.facebook[dotcom]/MaarkAbbottWriting / Twitter - @MAbbottWriting / I'm on Goodreads somewhere as well

XBL - Shoryukos / Steam - Angryμaark / PSN - AngryMaark

Debut novel 'Incarnate' now available on Kindle
0

#26048 User is online   Tiste Simeon 

  • Faith, Heavy Metal & Bacon
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • Posts: 9,498
  • Joined: 08-October 04
  • Location:T'North

Posted 02 March 2019 - 10:54 AM

Ah those idiots who loved to spoil the series for others on FB group yeah those guys are hilarious...
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.
0

#26049 User is offline   Maark Abbott 

  • [MAXIMUM DISGRUNTLEMENT]
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • Posts: 2,587
  • Joined: 11-November 14
  • Location:Barnsley, UK
  • Interests:Bringing literacy to the folk of Yorkshire

Posted 02 March 2019 - 07:20 PM

View PostTiste Simeon, on 02 March 2019 - 10:54 AM, said:

Ah those idiots who loved to spoil the series for others on FB group yeah those guys are hilarious...


In fairness the FB group is literally nothing but 'Jhag Horse', 'Is this Korabas' and 'who would win Character X or Character Y'. I don't miss it.
Facebook - www.facebook[dotcom]/MaarkAbbottWriting / Twitter - @MAbbottWriting / I'm on Goodreads somewhere as well

XBL - Shoryukos / Steam - Angryμaark / PSN - AngryMaark

Debut novel 'Incarnate' now available on Kindle
0

#26050 User is offline   Mentalist 

  • Martyr of High House Mafia
  • Group: High House Mafia
  • Posts: 7,395
  • Joined: 06-June 07
  • Location:'sauga/GTA, City of the Lion
  • Interests:Soccer, Chess, swimming, books, misc
  • Junior Mafia Mod

Posted 03 March 2019 - 12:12 AM

Okay, Part 4 of the Guide , "So Long and Thanks for All the Fish" is back to being up to scratch.

I'll probably try to finish the Guide before picking up anything else. I got some commuting to and from soccer tomorrow, so I can probably make a good dent in it. Then I'll pick 2 new books.
The problem with the gene pool is that there's no lifeguard
THE CONTESTtm WINNER--чемпіон самоконтролю

View PostJump Around, on 23 October 2011 - 11:04 AM, said:

And I want to state that Ment has out-weaseled me by far in this game.
0

#26051 User is offline   Aptorian 

  • How you doin?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War
  • Posts: 21,033
  • Joined: 22-May 06

Posted 03 March 2019 - 05:02 PM

I'm reading Carter and Lovecraft by Jonathan L Howard.

It's supposed to be a detective crime book based on som kind of Lovecraftian mystery murder stuff. It's okay. It's entertaining enough but it's not very good at recreating the atmosphere of Lovecraftian stories, despite the lying praise claiming otherwise on the back of the book.

The baddie is not so much a source of Eldritch horror, more of a petty magician.
0

#26052 User is online   Macros 

  • D'ivers Fuckwits
  • Group: High House Mafia
  • Posts: 6,520
  • Joined: 28-January 08
  • Location:Ulster, disputed zone, British Empire.

Posted 03 March 2019 - 07:32 PM

Yeah I hated Karkanhas because words are hard.
0

#26053 User is offline   TheRetiredBridgeburner 

  • Emperor
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • Posts: 786
  • Joined: 28-March 13
  • Location:Deepest Darkest Yorkshire

Posted 04 March 2019 - 06:57 AM

View PostMacros, on 03 March 2019 - 07:32 PM, said:

Yeah I hated Karkanhas because words are hard.


Me too. Best give up on that dinosaur book while I'm at it too - if I can't handle Kharkanas because words are hard, goodness knows I won't be able to deal with anything scientific Posted Image
- Wyrd bi ful ard -
0

#26054 User is offline   Maark Abbott 

  • [MAXIMUM DISGRUNTLEMENT]
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • Posts: 2,587
  • Joined: 11-November 14
  • Location:Barnsley, UK
  • Interests:Bringing literacy to the folk of Yorkshire

Posted 04 March 2019 - 08:08 AM

View PostMacros, on 03 March 2019 - 07:32 PM, said:

Yeah I hated Karkanhas because words are hard.


The fall of the Irish as depicted in Family Guy is truly one of the greatest tragedies of our era.
Facebook - www.facebook[dotcom]/MaarkAbbottWriting / Twitter - @MAbbottWriting / I'm on Goodreads somewhere as well

XBL - Shoryukos / Steam - Angryμaark / PSN - AngryMaark

Debut novel 'Incarnate' now available on Kindle
0

#26055 User is offline   Abyss 

  • abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Group: Administrators
  • Posts: 18,577
  • Joined: 22-May 03
  • Location:The call is coming from inside the house!!!!
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 04 March 2019 - 05:07 PM

View PostMaark Abbott, on 04 March 2019 - 08:08 AM, said:

View PostMacros, on 03 March 2019 - 07:32 PM, said:

Yeah I hated Karkanhas because words are hard.


The fall of the Irish as depicted in Family Guy is truly one of the abalacritious tragedies of our era.


ftfy
CHASE: Paw Patrol is ready for action Mr Pust sir!
PUST: *pauses ranting* What does that mean?
ZUMA: It means let's dive in, dude!
PUST: What? What is a dude? WHAT DOES THAT EVEN MEAN?????
-The Malazan Book of the Paw Patrol
0

#26056 User is offline   Whisperzzzzzzz 

  • Reaper's Fail
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • Posts: 1,898
  • Joined: 10-May 10
  • Location:Westchester, NY

Posted 04 March 2019 - 10:02 PM

View PostAbyss, on 04 March 2019 - 05:07 PM, said:

View PostMaark Abbott, on 04 March 2019 - 08:08 AM, said:

View PostMacros, on 03 March 2019 - 07:32 PM, said:

Yeah I hated Karkanhas because words are hard.


The fall of the Irish as depicted in Family Guy is truly one of the abalacritious tragedies of our era.


ftfy


Maark will use a gutting knife to albacoriate anyone who disagrees!
1

#26057 User is offline   Abyss 

  • abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Group: Administrators
  • Posts: 18,577
  • Joined: 22-May 03
  • Location:The call is coming from inside the house!!!!
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 05 March 2019 - 02:20 AM

View PostWhisperzzzzzzz, on 04 March 2019 - 10:02 PM, said:

View PostAbyss, on 04 March 2019 - 05:07 PM, said:

View PostMaark Abbott, on 04 March 2019 - 08:08 AM, said:

View PostMacros, on 03 March 2019 - 07:32 PM, said:

Yeah I hated Karkanhas because words are hard.


The fall of the Irish as depicted in Family Guy is truly one of the abalacritious tragedies of our era.


ftfy


Maark will use a gutting knife to albacoriate anyone who disagrees!


Must be feeling pretty crabby.
CHASE: Paw Patrol is ready for action Mr Pust sir!
PUST: *pauses ranting* What does that mean?
ZUMA: It means let's dive in, dude!
PUST: What? What is a dude? WHAT DOES THAT EVEN MEAN?????
-The Malazan Book of the Paw Patrol
0

#26058 User is offline   Aptorian 

  • How you doin?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War
  • Posts: 21,033
  • Joined: 22-May 06

Posted 05 March 2019 - 04:13 AM

Finished Carter and Lovecraft. It's a bad book and the author should feel bad. How an ending like that made it past an editor/advanced readers I don't get.

Started Kelanved's Reach. First chapter is certainly off to a strong start. As always I am looking at new names and trying to puzzle out if this is a known character.
0

#26059 User is offline   Maark Abbott 

  • [MAXIMUM DISGRUNTLEMENT]
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • Posts: 2,587
  • Joined: 11-November 14
  • Location:Barnsley, UK
  • Interests:Bringing literacy to the folk of Yorkshire

Posted 05 March 2019 - 04:35 AM

View PostAbyss, on 05 March 2019 - 02:20 AM, said:

View PostWhisperzzzzzzz, on 04 March 2019 - 10:02 PM, said:

View PostAbyss, on 04 March 2019 - 05:07 PM, said:

View PostMaark Abbott, on 04 March 2019 - 08:08 AM, said:

View PostMacros, on 03 March 2019 - 07:32 PM, said:

Yeah I hated Karkanhas because words are hard.


The fall of the Irish as depicted in Family Guy is truly one of the abalacritious tragedies of our era.


ftfy


Maark will use a gutting knife to albacoriate anyone who disagrees!


Must be feeling pretty crabby.



Arrrkakakakaka. My disgruntlement is always maximal. I must therefore ask why we are referencing a Weird Al song.

Also I finished Vending Machine vol.2. May try and push in with some more Kate Elliott.
Facebook - www.facebook[dotcom]/MaarkAbbottWriting / Twitter - @MAbbottWriting / I'm on Goodreads somewhere as well

XBL - Shoryukos / Steam - Angryμaark / PSN - AngryMaark

Debut novel 'Incarnate' now available on Kindle
0

#26060 User is offline   Mentalist 

  • Martyr of High House Mafia
  • Group: High House Mafia
  • Posts: 7,395
  • Joined: 06-June 07
  • Location:'sauga/GTA, City of the Lion
  • Interests:Soccer, Chess, swimming, books, misc
  • Junior Mafia Mod

Posted 06 March 2019 - 05:11 AM

Finished the Guide . Part 5 wasn't great, and I would've been perfectly happy if everything ended with Part 4, but I suppose some of those things were set up earlier and had to be wrapped up.

Continuing the great TRP-clearing project, i'll be reading "Anubis Gates" and "Angels and Demons" as my commute and at-home books, respectively.
The problem with the gene pool is that there's no lifeguard
THE CONTESTtm WINNER--чемпіон самоконтролю

View PostJump Around, on 23 October 2011 - 11:04 AM, said:

And I want to state that Ment has out-weaseled me by far in this game.
0

Share this topic:


  • 1322 Pages +
  • « First
  • 1301
  • 1302
  • 1303
  • 1304
  • 1305
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users