• You cannot reply to this topic

Fantasy Football 2024 sign up It's almost time! Who's in

#21 User is offline   Vengeance 

• High Priest of Shinrei Love and Worship
  • Group: Administrators
  • very good...;)

Posted 09 August 2024 - 02:54 AM

When I loaded the league back into yahoo FFB
4 WR and a flex showed up. So that is what I went with. We are still early enough that changing shouldn't impact any draft choices.
How many fucking people do I have to hammer in order to get that across.
Hinter - Vengy - DIE. I trusted you you bastard!!!!!!!

Steven Erikson made drowning in alien cum possible - Obdigore

#22 User is offline   Stalker 

• Soletaken
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 09 August 2024 - 10:28 AM

4 WR is right. I pulled my team from last year (on yahoo’s website, not app) and we were running 4.

#23 User is offline   Tapper 

• Lover of High House Mafia

Posted 10 August 2024 - 10:07 AM

In 2021 we went with 2 QBs, 2 RBs, 4 WRs, 1 TE, RB/TE flex, Def, and K. 4 bench slots.

We ran the same for 2022, then last year I think we went with a RB/WR/TE flex.
Everyone is entitled to his own wrong opinion. - Lizrad

#24 User is offline   HoosierDaddy 

• Believer
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • Interests:Football

Posted 10 August 2024 - 04:33 PM

No worries, we can keep that. I just remembered wrong!
Trouble arrives when the opponents to such a system institute its extreme opposite, where individualism becomes godlike and sacrosanct, and no greater service to any other ideal (including community) is possible. In such a system rapacious greed thrives behind the guise of freedom, and the worst aspects of human nature come to the fore....

#25 User is offline   Vengeance 

• very good...;)

Posted 29 August 2024 - 12:23 PM

Draft is concluded!! I should have the teams in Yahoo today or tomorrow

#26 User is offline   Vengeance 

• very good...;)

Posted 29 August 2024 - 04:26 PM

Here are the Team rating for the draft.

Go Ducks

Here's your Rate My Team report for the team GO DUCKS in the league Malazan NFL.

your grade:
B+
"trusting NFL draft pedigree"
Your receivers are the strongest part of this team. It's rare for us to endorse a team with weaknesses at quarterback and running back, but we're doing it right here! You should have a contender here. But your margin for error in terms of inseason management could be a bit thinner than some of your competitors'. You must remain committed to finding 2024's emergent players at RB and QB.

Players we particularly like on this team (and there's a lot to like here) include Aaron Rodgers, Deebo Samuel Sr., Mike Evans, Kyle Pitts, and Gus Edwards. We have all these guys ranked ahead of where they're typically being drafted.

With great inseason management, we think you have about a 99 percent chance of making the playoffs. Our Matchup and Waiver Wire tools at Footballguys.com would be a great place to start!

With good inseason management, we think you have about a 90 percent chance of making the playoffs.

With average inseason management, we think you have a 82 percent chance of making the playoffs.

Quarterbacks
Lamar Jackson
Lamar
Jackson
BAL
Aaron Rodgers
Aaron
Rodgers
NYJ
Justin Herbert
Justin
Herbert
LAC
Lamar Jackson is clearly a great anchor in a start-two-QB league. We have him ranked 4th among quarterbacks and estimate him at about 0.79 points per game better than an average QB1 in this league.

But we're not so high on Aaron Rodgers as a QB2. We have him ranked 15th.

Justin Herbert is somewhat weak as a 3rd quarterback.

Running Backs
Bijan Robinson
Bijan
Robinson
ATL
Joe Mixon
Joe
Mixon
HOU
Gus Edwards
Gus
Edwards
LAC
Javonte Williams
Javonte
Williams
DEN
Your starting Running Backs should, as a unit, be adequate but not great. In particular we like Bijan Robinson as a 1st RB. Our projections have Robinson ranked at #2 and Joe Mixon ranked 16th.

Gus Edwards is a little below average as a 3rd Running Back; he's a likely flex starter. But Javonte Williams should be a very good 4th Running Back.

A quick note about the same-team Robinson/Drake London duo you've got here. Though the effect is probably negligible, this kind of pairing is likely to make your team more (not less) consistent than a comparable-scoring different-team pair.

Note that the above "thoughts" were generated by our consensus projections. Others have different takes:

Some of our staffers have Joe Mixon as high as #14, which would make him a fine 2nd Running Back. Jeff Haseley's take: "

Joe Mixon quietly finished as the RB6 last year with over 1,400 total yards and 12 total touchdowns. He signed with Houston in the offseason and once again finds himself as the primary backfield weapon on a strong offense. He also will have a fullback paving the way for him for the first time in his career. He's on a team without a rushing quarterback, so carries should be plentiful, including those at the goal line. He has a Top 20 floor with Top 10 upside.

"
Gus Edwards is ranked #22 by some of our writers, which would make him a fine 3rd Running Back. Jeff Haseley reasons, "

Someone is going to be Jim Harbaugh's lead running back in a run-heavy offense. Edwards is more than capable, but he needs to stay healthy.

"
Wide Receivers
Deebo Samuel Sr.
Deebo
Samuel Sr.
SF
Mike Evans
Mike
Evans
TB
Drake London
Drake
London
ATL
Malik Nabers
Malik
Nabers
NYG
Rashee Rice
Rashee
Rice
KC
Courtland Sutton
Courtland
Sutton
DEN
Your starting Wide Receiver group is a strength, particularly Deebo Samuel Sr. as a 1st Wide Receiver. Samuel Sr. is our 6th ranked WR, Mike Evans is #10, Drake London is #11, and we have Malik Nabers 22nd.

Tough to do better than Rashee Rice at WR5. We also see Courtland Sutton as an above average WR6.

Tight Ends
Kyle Pitts
Kyle
Pitts
ATL
Kyle Pitts is our #6 TE, so he'll do, but this position may be a sore spot for you this season.

Team DEF/STs
Pittsburgh Steelers
Pittsburgh
Steelers
PIT
We think the Pittsburgh Steelers are the #2 defense in the league, at about 0.48 points per game above average.

Kickers
Younghoe Koo
Younghoe
Koo
ATL
Younghoe Koo, our 8th ranked kicker, is below average but probably adequate.

#27 User is offline   Vengeance 

• very good...;)

Posted 29 August 2024 - 04:27 PM

SB

Here's your Rate My Team report for the team Hooper's Troopers in the league Malazan NFL.

your grade:
B+
You've put together a very interesting team here. Our numbers show it as being below average at all three core positions (QB, RB, and WR). And yet, somehow, we don't hate it. With proper care and feeding throughout the season, this team should be in the thick of things.

But your margin for error is probably slimmer than that of your fellow contenders. You're going to have to be diligent in your search for help through trades and the waiver wire.

With great inseason management, we think you have about a 90 percent chance of making the playoffs. Our Matchup and Waiver Wire tools at Footballguys.com would be a great place to start!

With good inseason management, we think you have about a 85 percent chance of making the playoffs.

With average inseason management, we think you have a 75 percent chance of making the playoffs.

Quarterbacks
C.J. Stroud
C.J.
Stroud
HOU
Jared Goff
Jared
Goff
DET
Matthew Stafford
Matthew
Stafford
LAR
C.J. Stroud is clearly a great anchor in a start-two-QB league. We have him ranked 7th among quarterbacks and estimate him at about -1.16 points per game better than an average QB1 in this league.

But we're not so high on Jared Goff as a QB2. We have him ranked 13th.

Matthew Stafford is a bit iffy as a 3rd quarterback.

Running Backs
Breece Hall
Breece
Hall
NYJ
Travis Etienne Jr.
Travis
Etienne Jr.
JAX
Devin Singletary
Devin
Singletary
NYG
D'Andre Swift
D'Andre
Swift
CHI
Your starting Running Back group is a strength, particularly Breece Hall as a 1st Running Back. Our projections have Hall ranked 3rd and Travis Etienne Jr. ranked at #9.

Devin Singletary is a little below average as a 3rd Running Back; he's a likely flex starter. But D'Andre Swift should be a very good 4th Running Back.

A quick note about the same-team Etienne Jr./Christian Kirk duo you've got here. Though the effect is probably negligible, this kind of pairing is likely to make your team more (not less) consistent than a comparable-scoring different-team pair.

Wide Receivers
CeeDee Lamb
CeeDee
Lamb
DAL
Davante Adams
Davante
Adams
LV
Amari Cooper
Amari
Cooper
CLE
Christian Kirk
Christian
Kirk
JAX
Jaxon Smith-Njigba
Jaxon
Smith-Njigba
SEA
Jordan Addison
Jordan
Addison
MIN
Your starting Wide Receiver group is a strength, particularly CeeDee Lamb as a 1st Wide Receiver. Lamb is our #1 ranked Wide Receiver, Davante Adams is #19, Amari Cooper is #25, and we have Christian Kirk 37th.

We see Jaxon Smith-Njigba as an average 5th Wide Receiver. Jordan Addison is shaky as a 6th Wide Receiver.

Note that the above "thoughts" were generated by our consensus projections. Others have different takes:

Davante Adams is ranked #8 by some of our writers, which would make him a great 2nd Wide Receiver and even a legitimate WR1. Matt Waldman reasons, "

Adams' 2023 season is one of several examples that NFL receivers can deliver fantasy WR1 production without a strong quarterback. Although Aidan O'Connell remains unproven and Gardner Minshew is a career journeyman, this tandem should provide similar opportunities for Adams as the Jimmy Garoppolo-O'Connell duo.

Adams remains a top route runner with excellent skills against man-to-man coverage. If the Raiders ground game can deliver without Josh Jacobs in the fold, we may see more man-to-man coverage against Adams so more defensive personnel is forced to roam the line of scrimmage. If the ground game is worse than last year, Adams could see a decline in volume and yardage per route run and/or yardage per catch.

Expect Adams to deliver fantasy starter production, but not return to his peak production with Aaron Rodgers. Low-end fantasy WR1 is likely closer to his ceiling instead of his floor.

"
Some members of our staff have Jaxon Smith-Njigba ranked as high as 35th, which would make him an above average 5th Wide Receiver. Jason Wood defends his high ranking as follows: "Last year's WR3 role has created an enticing discount"

Some of our staffers have Jordan Addison as high as #41, which would make him an above average 6th Wide Receiver. Matt Waldman's take: "

I love Addison's game. I'm not in love with his 2024 quarterback situation. The switch from Kirk Cousins to some combination of Sam Darnold and J.J. McCarthy could lead to fewer quality targets heading Addison's way--at least this year.

There is an enhanced risk that Darnold never develops into a consistent decision-maker and coverage reader. He was always an aggressive, big-armed scrambler, but often failed to see coverage disguises or manage the game like a pro.

McCarthy has strong fundamentals but his vertical accuracy at Michigan lacks a viable sample size and the results aren't strong with that sample. He has also shown similar Darnold-like immaturity with coverage drops and operating inside the 20s at either end of the field.

These issues for both passers depress target volume and efficiency for receivers...Addison is a WR2 with a good quarterback. We'll see if the Vikings found one.

"
Tight Ends
Trey McBride
Trey
McBride
ARI
Trey McBride is our #5 TE, so he'll do, but this position may be a sore spot for you this season.

Team DEF/STs
Cleveland Browns
Cleveland
Browns
CLE
When you don't have an elite defense, one option is a committee approach. That is, try to get two cheap defenses whose schedules fit well together. Here are a few teams that are available and whose schedules fit best with the Browns', along with the combined schedule that each would create:

Browns + Lions = LAR | JAX | NYG | LV | WAS | PHI | MIN | TEN | LAC | HOU | NO | IND | CHI | GB | KC | CHI | MIA | MIN
Browns + Chiefs = BAL | JAX | NYG | LV | WAS | PHI | CIN | LV | LAC | DEN | NO | CAR | LV | LAC | CLE | HOU | MIA | BAL
Browns + Eagles = DAL | JAX | NYG | LV | WAS | CLE | NYG | BAL | JAX | DAL | WAS | LAR | BAL | CAR | KC | WAS | MIA | NYG

Kickers
Jake Elliott
Jake
Elliott
PHI
Jake Elliott, our 9th ranked kicker, is below average but probably adequate.

#28 User is offline   Vengeance 

• very good...;)

Posted 29 August 2024 - 04:27 PM

Tapper

Here's your Rate My Team report for the team Jalen Schadenfreude in the league Malazan NFL.

your grade:
B+
"shooting for 4-0"
You've put together a very interesting team here. Our numbers show it as being below average at all three core positions (QB, RB, and WR). And yet, somehow, we don't hate it. With proper care and feeding throughout the season, this team should be above average.

But your margin for error is probably slimmer than that of your fellow contenders. You're going to have to be diligent in your search for help through trades and the waiver wire.

Players we particularly like on this team (and there's a lot to like here) include Kyler Murray, Cooper Kupp, DJ Moore, George Pickens, and Greg Zuerlein. We have all these guys ranked ahead of where they're typically being drafted.

With great inseason management, we think you have about a 90 percent chance of making the playoffs. Our Matchup and Waiver Wire tools at Footballguys.com would be a great place to start!

With good inseason management, we think you have about a 85 percent chance of making the playoffs.

With average inseason management, we think you have a 79 percent chance of making the playoffs.

Quarterbacks
Josh Allen
Josh
Allen
BUF
Kyler Murray
Kyler
Murray
ARI
Josh Allen is clearly a great anchor in a start-two-QB league. We have him ranked 2nd among quarterbacks and estimate him at about 1.13 points per game better than an average QB1 in this league.

We're not crazy about Kyler Murray as a second quarterback. Adding some depth here is crucial.

A quick note about the same-team Murray/James Conner duo you've got here. Though the effect is probably negligible, this kind of pairing is likely to make your team more (not less) consistent than a comparable-scoring different-team pair.

Running Backs
Jahmyr Gibbs
Jahmyr
Gibbs
DET
James Conner
James
Conner
ARI
Aaron Jones
Aaron
Jones
MIN
Tony Pollard
Tony
Pollard
TEN
J.K. Dobbins
J.K.
Dobbins
LAC
Elijah Mitchell
Elijah
Mitchell
SF
We like Jahmyr Gibbs as a 1st RB, but we consider your starting Running Backs, as a group, to be a little below par. Our projections have Gibbs ranked at #7 and James Conner ranked 19th.

Aaron Jones should be a good 3rd Running Back; he's a likely flex starter. Tony Pollard should be adequate at RB4.

Though some teams will probably be content to roster as few as four players here, it was not a bad idea to take a few extras because you're not particularly strong overall at the position. Of your remaining guys, we like Elijah Mitchell the best, but you should keep the one you think has the best chance of putting up starter numbers. The rest might be considered expendable if you find you need roster space elsewhere.

Some members of our staff have Tony Pollard ranked as high as 27th, which would make him an above average 4th Running Back. Matt Waldman defends his high ranking as follows: "

Spears and Pollard will earn a true split in volume and roles. It's rare to see roles split in this fashion rather than segmented out, but both backs have similar physical builds.

When at peak form, Pollard is more explosive whereas Spears is more creative and shiftier. I didn't see a great difference with Pollard's explosion last year after the point in the year where Pollard said that he felt better. This means I'm more skeptical about Pollard's value than Spears and I have given Spears a little more production at this point.

Another factor to look out for in Tennessee: Dillon Johnson. The UDFA runner is a fine receiver with excellent power and contact balance. If he earns playing time in a red-zone role, he could limit the ceilings of both Spears and Pollard.

"
Some of our staffers have J.K. Dobbins as high as #33, which would make him an above average 5th Running Back. Matt Waldman's take: "

Gus Edwards, J.K. Dobbins, and Kimani Vidal are the most interesting fantasy RB trio of the summer. Jim Harbaugh and Greg Roman dominated on the ground when they worked together in San Francisco and we've seen what Roman can do with the ground game recently in Baltimore.

Expect an improved rushing attack this year, but who will get the volume? Edwards is healthy and capable of strong red-zone value that could elevate him into RB2 territory.

J.K. Dobbins' level of talent was on par with Jonathan Taylor in that draft class, but injuries have derailed anything but brief displays of elite skill. If he proves he can overcome the Achilles tear and remain on the field, he has RB1 upside.

Vidal is what D'Andre Swift Truthers are seeing when they project Swift. Vidal has speed, contact balance, good decisions between the tackles, and pass-pro acumen.

Edwards is the safest. Dobbins has the most boom-bust value. Vidal is the low-cost bargain, for now.

"
Wide Receivers
A.J. Brown
A.J.
Brown
PHI
Cooper Kupp
Cooper
Kupp
LAR
DJ Moore
DJ
Moore
CHI
George Pickens
George
Pickens
PIT
Diontae Johnson
Diontae
Johnson
CAR
Your starting Wide Receivers should, as a unit, be adequate but not great. In particular we like A.J. Brown as a 1st WR. Brown is our #7 ranked Wide Receiver, Cooper Kupp is #13, DJ Moore is #16, and we have George Pickens 21st.

Diontae Johnson should serve as a very solid 5th Wide Receiver.

Tight Ends
Mark Andrews
Mark
Andrews
BAL
We like the choice of Mark Andrews to start at tight end. We have him ranked 3rd overall at the position.

Team DEF/STs
San Francisco 49ers
San Francisco
49ers
SF
We think the San Francisco 49ers are the #1 defense in the league, at about 0.49 points per game above average.

Kickers
Greg Zuerlein
Greg
Zuerlein
NYJ
We don't think Greg Zuerlein is starter quality in this league. Keep a sharp eye on the waiver wire.

#29 User is offline   Vengeance 

• very good...;)

Posted 29 August 2024 - 04:28 PM

HD

Here's your Rate My Team report for the team Hoosier Colts in the league Malazan NFL.

your grade:
C
"shooting for 4-0"
Let's start by remarking that we appreciate your old-school leanings: you have a team marked by strength at the running back position. But with the quarterback and wide receiver both being less strong, you may need to do something to change the outlook of this team. Your deficiencies are likely to show themselves through the bye weeks, so try to manuever early in improving the quarterback and/or receiver positions before week four.

Keep an eye out for quarterbacks like Lamar Jackson from last season, Ben Roethlisberger from 2014, and Russell Wilson from 2012. All were available cheap in August, and all contributed to fantasy championship teams. Similarly, wide receivers like A.J. Brown were available after a lot of the drafts last season. Landing some of this year's top waiver players would be a huge help, so pay close attention to increased workloads, targets, injuries, etc.

Players we particularly like on this team include Kenneth Walker III, Brandon Aiyuk, and Jake Ferguson. We have all these guys ranked ahead of where they're typically being drafted.

With great inseason management, we think you have about a 65 percent chance of making the playoffs. Our Matchup and Waiver Wire tools at Footballguys.com would be a great place to start!

With good inseason management, we think you have about a 50 percent chance of making the playoffs.

With average inseason management, we think you have a 29 percent chance of making the playoffs.

Quarterbacks
Patrick Mahomes
Patrick
Mahomes
KC
Anthony Richardson
Anthony
Richardson
IND
Baker Mayfield
Baker
Mayfield
TB
Patrick Mahomes is clearly a great anchor in a start-two-QB league. We have him ranked 1st among quarterbacks and estimate him at about 1.73 points per game better than an average QB1 in this league.

But we're not so high on Anthony Richardson as a QB2. We have him ranked 11th.

Baker Mayfield is adequate as a 3rd quarterback.

Running Backs
De'Von Achane
De'Von
Achane
MIA
Kenneth Walker III
Kenneth
Walker III
SEA
Rachaad White
Rachaad
White
TB
Rhamondre Stevenson
Rhamondre
Stevenson
NE
Nick Chubb
Nick
Chubb
CLE
We see both your starters at Running Back as below average. Our projections have De'Von Achane ranked at #13 and Kenneth Walker III ranked 14th.

Rachaad White should serve as a very solid 3rd Running Back; he's a likely flex starter. Likewise, Rhamondre Stevenson should be excellent at RB4.

Nick Chubb is an excellent depth pick.

Some of our staffers have De'Von Achane as high as #7, which would make him a fine 1st Running Back. Sigmund Bloom's take: "

Achane was incredibly efficient and productive last season despite being a rookie and missing time with multiple injuries. The team is looking to increase his role in the passing game and he should take a step forward from an already high level in his second season.

"
Wide Receivers
Garrett Wilson
Garrett
Wilson
NYJ
Puka Nacua
Puka
Nacua
LAR
Brandon Aiyuk
Brandon
Aiyuk
SF
Terry McLaurin
Terry
McLaurin
WAS
Christian Watson
Christian
Watson
GB
Your starting Wide Receivers should, as a unit, be adequate but not great. In particular we like Garrett Wilson as a 1st WR. Wilson is our #8 ranked Wide Receiver, Puka Nacua is #9, Brandon Aiyuk is #14, and we have Terry McLaurin 31st.

We see Christian Watson as an average 5th Wide Receiver.

Some of our staffers have Garrett Wilson as high as #6, which would make him a fine 1st Wide Receiver. Jeff Haseley's take: "

We have observed Garrett Wilson thriving despite subpar quarterback play. Now, he finally has the opportunity to showcase his abilities with Aaron Rodgers, and expectations are high.

"
Tight Ends
Jake Ferguson
Jake
Ferguson
DAL
Jake Ferguson is our #8 TE, so he'll do, but this position may be a sore spot for you this season.

Team DEF/STs
Don't forget to pick up a defense before the season starts.

Kickers
Justin Tucker
Justin
Tucker
BAL
At about 0.49 points per game above average, Justin Tucker is our 2nd ranked kicker, so you're set here.

#30 User is offline   Vengeance 

• very good...;)

Posted 29 August 2024 - 04:29 PM

Tatts

Here's your Rate My Team report for the team Miami to Ibiza in the league Malazan NFL.

your grade:
B+
This team is built around strong quarterback play. Despite not being strong at running back and receiver, we think this team should be above average.

Nevertheless, we feel compelled to mention that the RB and WR positions make us a bit nervous and are likely to require some attention throughout the year. We'd feel much better if we knew you were committed to scooping up 2024's breakout players at RB and WR. Getting one or more of these would take this team to the next level.

With average inseason management, we think you have a 78 percent chance of making the playoffs.

Quarterbacks
Jordan Love
Jordan
Love
GB
Caleb Williams
Caleb
Williams
CHI
Trevor Lawrence
Trevor
Lawrence
JAX
Will Levis
Will
Levis
TEN
Jordan Love is clearly a great anchor in a start-two-QB league. We have him ranked 9th among quarterbacks and estimate him at about -1.92 points per game better than an average QB1 in this league.

But we're not so high on Caleb Williams as a QB2. We have him ranked 16th.

Trevor Lawrence is somewhat weak as a 3rd quarterback.

Will Levis is good as a 4th quarterback.

Some of our staffers have Jordan Love as high as #7, which would make him a fine 1st Quarterback. Ryan Weisse's take: "

Love finished as the QB5 last season and heads into 2024 with a developing WR corps and one of the best running backs in the league. Defenses will need to pay more attention to Josh Jacobs than they did Aaron Jones, and that will give Jayden Reed, Romeo Doubs, Christian Watson, and Luke Musgrave more room to operate. Love should easily repeat what he did last season, but hopefully with more consistency.

"
Some of our staffers have Caleb Williams as high as #14, which would make him a fine 2nd Quarterback. Jason Wood's take: "Can he run enough to move higher in the rankings?"

Running Backs
Christian McCaffrey
Christian
McCaffrey
SF
Kyren Williams
Kyren
Williams
LAR
Zamir White
Zamir
White
LV
Your starting Running Back group is a strength, particularly Christian McCaffrey as a 1st Running Back. We figure them at a combined 2.81 points per game better than an average opponent in this league. Our projections have McCaffrey ranked 1st and Kyren Williams ranked 8th.

Zamir White is a very weak 3rd Running Back; he's a likely flex starter.

Some of our staffers have Zamir White as high as #21, which would make him a fine 3rd Running Back. Jeff Haseley's take: "

Zamir White could be the reason why the Raiders offense stays afloat. Or he could be a back who struggles to get consistent scoring opportunities with less-than-desirable receiving prowess.

"
Wide Receivers
Amon-Ra St. Brown
Amon-Ra
St. Brown
DET
Chris Olave
Chris
Olave
NO
Zay Flowers
Zay
Flowers
BAL
Michael Pittman Jr.
Michael
Pittman Jr.
IND
Chris Godwin
Chris
Godwin
TB
Xavier Worthy
Xavier
Worthy
KC
We like Amon-Ra St. Brown as a 1st WR, but we consider your starting Wide Receivers, as a group, to be a little below par. St. Brown is our 5th ranked WR, Chris Olave is #17, Zay Flowers is #26, and we have Michael Pittman Jr. 30th.

Tough to do better than Chris Godwin at WR5. Xavier Worthy should also be solidly above average at WR6.

Chris Olave is ranked #9 by some of our writers, which would make him an above average 2nd Wide Receiver. Jason Wood reasons, "Team construct and QB make Olave slightly less enticing than elite tier"

Some of our staffers have Zay Flowers as high as #24, which would make him a fine 3rd Wide Receiver. Jason Wood's take: "Capable of a breakout, but Ravens offense spreads the ball around"

Tight Ends
Dalton Kincaid
Dalton
Kincaid
BUF
Dalton Kincaid is our #7 TE, so he'll do, but this position may be a sore spot for you this season.

Team DEF/STs
Baltimore Ravens
Baltimore
Ravens
BAL
The Baltimore Ravens are our #3 ranked defense, so you're in good shape here.

Kickers
Brandon Aubrey
Brandon
Aubrey
DAL
At about 0.65 points per game above average, Brandon Aubrey is our 1st ranked kicker, so you're set here

#31 User is offline   Vengeance 

• very good...;)

Posted 29 August 2024 - 04:30 PM

IA

Here's your Rate My Team report for the team Elliot's Excellent Team in the league Malazan NFL.

your grade:
B+
"time to invest in some pension plans"
Old school!

We like your overall strength at the traditionally less important positions, but make no mistake about it: this team is about strength at the running back position. And we think it will be a legitimate contender. Somewhere Emmitt Smith is smiling.

Nonetheless, we'd be remiss if we didn't at least mention the relative lack of strength at quarterback and receiver. These are usually survivable weaknesses, but we'd feel better if we knew you were committed to zealously scouring the waiver wire for this year's emergent players at QB and WR. Getting a breakout player at one or both of those positions would take your already-good team to the next level.

Players we particularly like on this team (and there's a lot to like here) include Dak Prescott, James Cook, Tee Higgins, and David Montgomery. We have all these guys ranked ahead of where they're typically being drafted.

With great inseason management, we think you have about a 99 percent chance of making the playoffs. Our Matchup and Waiver Wire tools at Footballguys.com would be a great place to start!

With good inseason management, we think you have about a 90 percent chance of making the playoffs.

With average inseason management, we think you have a 81 percent chance of making the playoffs.

Quarterbacks
Dak Prescott
Dak
Prescott
DAL
Tua Tagovailoa
Tua
Tagovailoa
MIA
Kirk Cousins
Kirk
Cousins
ATL
Dak Prescott is clearly a great anchor in a start-two-QB league. We have him ranked 5th among quarterbacks and estimate him at about -0.68 points per game better than an average QB1 in this league.

But we're not so high on Tua Tagovailoa as a QB2. We have him ranked 14th.

Kirk Cousins is questionable as a 3rd quarterback.

A quick note about the Tagovailoa/Tyreek Hill hookup you've got here: while we think the effect of the quarterback/receiver hookup has largely been exaggerated in fantasy football circles, it does have a tendency to make your team somewhat more inconsistent than comparable scoring duos from different NFL teams. But if you like the players at both ends of the connection, we do not see any need to make a change because of it.

Running Backs
Saquon Barkley
Saquon
Barkley
PHI
James Cook
James
Cook
BUF
David Montgomery
David
Montgomery
DET
Ezekiel Elliott
Ezekiel
Elliott
DAL
Your starting Running Back group is a strength, particularly Saquon Barkley as a 1st Running Back. Our projections have Barkley ranked at #6 and James Cook ranked at #12.

David Montgomery looks great as a 3rd Running Back; he's a likely flex starter. But Ezekiel Elliott is out of his league as a 4th RB.

Wide Receivers
Tyreek Hill
Tyreek
Hill
MIA
Marvin Harrison Jr.
Marvin
Harrison Jr.
ARI
Tee Higgins
Tee
Higgins
CIN
Calvin Ridley
Calvin
Ridley
TEN
Rome Odunze
Rome
Odunze
CHI
Khalil Shakir
Khalil
Shakir
BUF
Your starting Wide Receiver group is a strength, particularly Tyreek Hill as a 1st Wide Receiver. Hill is our 2nd ranked WR, Marvin Harrison Jr. is #15, Tee Higgins is #24, and we have Calvin Ridley 36th.

Rome Odunze is a little below average as a 5th Wide Receiver. Khalil Shakir is also a fair-to-middlin' 6th Wide Receiver.

Some members of our staff have Tee Higgins ranked as high as 21st, which would make him a fine 3rd Wide Receiver. Jason Wood defends his high ranking as follows: "Strong camp raising him back into the top-20 tier"

Calvin Ridley is ranked #30 by some of our writers, which would make him a fine 4th Wide Receiver. Matt Waldman reasons, "

Ridley will be in the Ja'Marr Chase role in the Titans' new scheme. As talented as Ridley is, he's not as physical, as technically sound at the catch point, nor as talented as a route runner as Chase. He's the most explosive athlete on the receiving corps, but I still think Hopkins is a better pass catcher and route runner at this late stage of his career.

These factors give Ridley a high enough ceiling to deliver WR2 value even if Will Levis doesn't improve dramatically during his second season. However, Levis' potential floor and Ridley's occasional sloppiness contribute to a floor that could make Ridley an inflated draft-day value.

These factors make him a boom-bust option.

"
Rome Odunze is ranked #38 by some of our writers, which would make him a fine 5th Wide Receiver. Jason Wood reasons, "Moore extension and Odunze draft pick make Allen look like a 1-year rental"

Tight Ends
Travis Kelce
Travis
Kelce
KC
As you are well aware, Travis Kelce is an elite tight end. We have him ranked 2nd. He's about 0.79 points per game better than an average starting TE in this league.

Team DEF/STs
New York Jets
New York
Jets
NYJ
The New York Jets are probably not a difference-maker at defense, but they should be OK.

When you don't have an elite defense, one option is a committee approach. That is, try to get two cheap defenses whose schedules fit well together. Here are a few teams that are available and whose schedules fit best with the Jets', along with the combined schedule that each would create:

Jets + Patriots = CIN | TEN | NYJ | DEN | MIA | HOU | JAX | NYJ | TEN | CHI | IND | MIA | IND | MIA | JAX | LAR | LAC | MIA
Jets + Texans = IND | CHI | MIN | JAX | MIN | BUF | GB | IND | NYJ | DET | IND | TEN | JAX | MIA | MIA | LAR | BAL | MIA
Jets + Colts = HOU | TEN | CHI | DEN | MIN | TEN | MIA | HOU | MIN | ARI | NYJ | DET | SEA | MIA | JAX | TEN | NYG | MIA

Kickers
Harrison Butker
Harrison
Butker
KC
Harrison Butker, our 6th ranked kicker, won't win the league for you, but he'll do.

#32 User is offline   Vengeance 

• very good...;)

Posted 29 August 2024 - 04:31 PM

Twelve

Here's your Rate My Team report for the team Orange n Black in the league Malazan NFL.

your grade:
B
"relying on the pass catching big guys"
You've put together a very interesting team here. Our numbers show it as being below average at all three core positions (QB, RB, and WR). And yet, somehow, we don't hate it. With proper care and feeding throughout the season, this team should be in the thick of things.

Players we particularly like on this team include Nico Collins, Sam LaPorta, and Najee Harris. We have all these guys ranked ahead of where they're typically being drafted.

With good inseason management, we think you have about a 80 percent chance of making the playoffs.

With average inseason management, we think you have a 71 percent chance of making the playoffs.

Quarterbacks
Joe Burrow
Joe
Burrow
CIN
Jayden Daniels
Jayden
Daniels
WAS
Geno Smith
Geno
Smith
SEA
Joe Burrow is clearly a great anchor in a start-two-QB league. We have him ranked 6th among quarterbacks and estimate him at about -1.03 points per game better than an average QB1 in this league.

But we're not so high on Jayden Daniels as a QB2. We have him ranked 12th.

Geno Smith is adequate as a 3rd quarterback.

Running Backs
Jonathan Taylor
Jonathan
Taylor
IND
Alvin Kamara
Alvin
Kamara
NO
Najee Harris
Najee
Harris
PIT
Brian Robinson Jr.
Brian
Robinson Jr.
WAS
Jaylen Warren
Jaylen
Warren
PIT
We like Jonathan Taylor as a 1st RB, but we consider your starting Running Backs, as a group, to be a little below par. Our projections have Taylor ranked at #4 and Alvin Kamara ranked 18th.

Najee Harris should serve as a very solid 3rd Running Back; he's a likely flex starter. We also see Brian Robinson Jr. as an above average RB4.

Jaylen Warren is a solid depth pick.

Some of our staffers have Alvin Kamara as high as #12, which would make him an above average 2nd Running Back. Matt Waldman's take: "

Is Kamara's game slowing down or was 2023 the product of off-field distractions and the struggling line play hurting the passing game and having a deleterious impact on how much the Saints could run and run effectively?

I'm inclined to believe it's the latter. Klint Kubiak's system should match what Kamara does well as a runner. We should see more sets with two and three tight ends. This will provide that extra gap between the tackles for Kamara to roam.

While there's potential for Jamaal Williams and Kendre Miller to muck up the works with Kamara's fantasy upside, I'm more concerned about the offensive line and Derek Carr. If both improve, Kamara could have a top-five ceiling, but I'm keeping my ceiling of expectation to the edge of fantasy RB1 territory for now.

"
Wide Receivers
Justin Jefferson
Justin
Jefferson
MIN
Nico Collins
Nico
Collins
HOU
Jaylen Waddle
Jaylen
Waddle
MIA
Stefon Diggs
Stefon
Diggs
HOU
Your starting Wide Receiver group is a strength, particularly Justin Jefferson as a 1st Wide Receiver. Jefferson is our #3 ranked Wide Receiver, Nico Collins is #12, Jaylen Waddle is #20, and we have Stefon Diggs 33rd.

We might suggest adding a bit more depth here. See the end of the report for some suggestions on who to pick up.

A quick note about the same-team Collins/Stefon Diggs duo you've got here. Though the effect is probably negligible, this kind of pairing is likely to make your team more (not less) consistent than a comparable-scoring different-team pair.

Some members of our staff have Stefon Diggs ranked as high as 21st, which would make him a great 4th Wide Receiver and even a legitimate WR3. Matt Waldman defends his high ranking as follows: "

It's doubtful that Diggs has lost as much to his game as some of the commentary about his production down the stretch will lead you to believe. Diggs wants to win a championship, and there are concerns that he didn't believe Allen was doing all he could off the field to be prepared on it, and the relationship deteriorated.

Nico Collins will likely lead the Texans' receiving corps, but don't expect a huge gap in receptions and yardage among Collins, Diggs, and Tank Dell. Even if you believe Diggs has lost something, the presence of Dell and Collins will create strong matchups for Diggs to deliver.

If Collins and/or Dell falter, and Diggs hasn't lost anything, Diggs could return to fantasy WR1 value. He may offer the best fantasy draft-day value of the Texans' trio.

"
Tight Ends
Sam LaPorta
Sam
LaPorta
DET
Evan Engram
Evan
Engram
JAX
As you are well aware, Sam LaPorta is an elite tight end. We have him ranked 1st. He's about 0.84 points per game better than an average starting TE in this league. Evan Engram is a nice backup.

Team DEF/STs
Denver Broncos
Denver
Broncos
DEN
When you don't have an elite defense, one option is a committee approach. That is, try to get two cheap defenses whose schedules fit well together. Here are a few teams that are available and whose schedules fit best with the Broncos', along with the combined schedule that each would create:

Broncos + Saints = CAR | DAL | PHI | NYJ | LV | LAC | NO | CAR | CAR | KC | CLE | LV | CLE | NYG | WAS | LAC | LV | KC
Broncos + Bills = SEA | MIA | JAX | NYJ | LV | NYJ | NO | CAR | MIA | IND | KC | LV | CLE | LAR | DET | LAC | NYJ | KC
Broncos + Jaguars = MIA | CLE | TB | NYJ | LV | CHI | NO | CAR | BAL | MIN | DET | LV | CLE | TEN | NYJ | LV | TEN | IND

Kickers
Cameron Dicker
Cameron
Dicker
LAC
With Cameron Dicker, you should be above average at the position.

#33 User is offline   Vengeance 

• very good...;)

Posted 29 August 2024 - 04:32 PM

Stalker

Here's your Rate My Team report for the team Password is Taco in the league Malazan NFL.

your grade:
A-
"shooting for 4-0"
We think you're looking good at quarterback and running back. Your squad is therefore easy for us to like despite a bit of weakness at the receiver position. But as weaknesses go, this is one is survivable. It's usually relatively easy to find fill-in guys on a weekly basis until a better player emerges during the season. As long as you stay on top of things inseason, you should be a legitimate contender.

Players we particularly like on this team (and there's a lot to like here) include Brock Purdy, Derrick Henry, DK Metcalf, Tank Dell, George Kittle, Ka'imi Fairbairn, and Josh Jacobs. We have all these guys ranked ahead of where they're typically being drafted.

With average inseason management, we think you have a 84 percent chance of making the playoffs.

Quarterbacks
Jalen Hurts
Jalen
Hurts
PHI
Brock Purdy
Brock
Purdy
SF
Derek Carr
Derek
Carr
NO
Jalen Hurts is clearly a great anchor in a start-two-QB league. We have him ranked 3rd among quarterbacks and estimate him at about 0.87 points per game better than an average QB1 in this league.

But we're not so high on Brock Purdy as a QB2. We have him ranked 10th.

Derek Carr is fine as a 3rd quarterback.

A quick note about the Hurts/DeVonta Smith hookup you've got here: while we think the effect of the quarterback/receiver hookup has largely been exaggerated in fantasy football circles, it does have a tendency to make your team somewhat more inconsistent than comparable scoring duos from different NFL teams. But if you like the players at both ends of the connection, we do not see any need to make a change because of it.

Running Backs
Derrick Henry
Derrick
Henry
BAL
Isiah Pacheco
Isiah
Pacheco
KC
Josh Jacobs
Josh
Jacobs
GB
Raheem Mostert
Raheem
Mostert
MIA
Zack Moss
Zack
Moss
CIN
Your starting Running Back group is a strength, particularly Derrick Henry as a 1st Running Back. Our projections have Henry ranked 5th and Isiah Pacheco ranked at #10.

Your bench doesn't look quite as strong. Tough to do better than Josh Jacobs at RB3; he's a likely flex starter. Likewise, Raheem Mostert should be excellent at RB4.

Zack Moss is a solid depth pick.

Wide Receivers
Ja'Marr Chase
Ja'Marr
Chase
CIN
DK Metcalf
DK
Metcalf
SEA
DeVonta Smith
DeVonta
Smith
PHI
Tank Dell
Tank
Dell
HOU
Jayden Reed
Jayden
Reed
GB
Your starting Wide Receivers should, as a unit, be adequate but not great. In particular we like Ja'Marr Chase as a 1st WR. Chase is our 4th ranked WR, DK Metcalf is #18, DeVonta Smith is #23, and we have Tank Dell 27th.

Jayden Reed should serve as a very solid 5th Wide Receiver.

DK Metcalf is ranked #13 by some of our writers, which would make him a fine 2nd Wide Receiver. Matt Waldman reasons, "

As is the case with Michael Pittman, Zay Flowers, and D.J. Moore, the question isn't whether Metcalf will lead his receiving corps in yardage, but whether the quarterback and the supporting offensive talent will be good enough to support the heights Metcalf can attain.

Seattle's new offensive scheme will give Geno Smith and his receivers to make adjustments that they lacked in the past. That could be a long-term positive, but a short-term obstacle.

Consider Metcalf a WR2 with WR1 upside, but will unlikely deliver anything more than low-end fantasy WR1 value if the offense reaches this year's ceiling. He will get a lot of volume, so his baseline value relative to his ADP should make him worth taking.

"
Tight Ends
George Kittle
George
Kittle
SF
We like the choice of George Kittle to start at tight end. We have him ranked 4th overall at the position.

Team DEF/STs
Dallas Cowboys
Dallas
Cowboys
DAL
The Dallas Cowboys are probably not a difference-maker at defense, but they should be OK.

When you don't have an elite defense, one option is a committee approach. That is, try to get two cheap defenses whose schedules fit well together. Here are a few teams that are available and whose schedules fit best with the Cowboys', along with the combined schedule that each would create:

Cowboys + Saints = CLE | NO | BAL | NYG | KC | DET | DEN | LAC | CAR | PHI | CLE | WAS | NYG | NYG | CAR | TB | LV | WAS
Cowboys + Bills = CLE | MIA | JAX | NYG | HOU | DET | TEN | SEA | MIA | IND | HOU | WAS | NYG | LAR | CAR | TB | NYJ | WAS
Cowboys + Bengals = CLE | NO | WAS | NYG | BAL | NYG | CLE | PHI | LV | BAL | LAC | WAS | NYG | DAL | CAR | CLE | PHI | WAS

Kickers
Ka'imi Fairbairn
Ka'imi
Fairbairn
HOU
We don't think Ka'imi Fairbairn is starter quality in this league. Keep a sharp eye on the waiver wire.

#34 User is offline   HoosierDaddy 

• Believer

Posted 29 August 2024 - 07:57 PM

Lol. I'll take my C and run with it. Grading on a curve that looks to be an F-
Trouble arrives when the opponents to such a system institute its extreme opposite, where individualism becomes godlike and sacrosanct, and no greater service to any other ideal (including community) is possible. In such a system rapacious greed thrives behind the guise of freedom, and the worst aspects of human nature come to the fore....

#35 User is offline   Tapper 

• Lover of High House Mafia

Posted 30 August 2024 - 03:51 AM

View PostHoosierDaddy, on 29 August 2024 - 07:57 PM, said:

Lol. I'll take my C and run with it. Grading on a curve that looks to be an F-

Yep, I don’t think the grading compensates for the talent available to everyone in an 8 team league, so good scores are to be expected. Maybe only draftingfour kickers would lead to a D+ or something, but it’s still better than Yahoo’s draft evaluation talking about terrible reaches as it does every year, by not even that we’re a 2QB league into account.
Everyone is entitled to his own wrong opinion. - Lizrad

#36 User is offline   HoosierDaddy 

• Believer

Posted 30 August 2024 - 12:05 PM

Do we have the league entered yet, Venge? If so, I have the wrong link to our Yahoo league and could use a new one.

#37 User is offline   Vengeance 

• very good...;)

Posted 31 August 2024 - 03:49 AM

Not entered yet. I was slammed this week at work. Then took the kids to six flags tonight. I'll enter them tomorrow

#38 User is offline   Vengeance 

• very good...;)

Posted 31 August 2024 - 05:23 PM

All teams have been input into yahoo. Please check to make sure I didn't mess up any players.

Have a great season.

#39 User is offline   Stalker 

• Soletaken

Posted 31 August 2024 - 06:46 PM

Thanks Venge! Looking forward to another season.

#40 User is offline   HoosierDaddy 

• Believer

Posted 31 August 2024 - 08:08 PM

View PostVengeance, on 31 August 2024 - 03:49 AM, said:

Not entered yet. I was slammed this week at work. Then took the kids to six flags tonight. I'll enter them tomorrow

What was the favorite ride?

Share this topic:

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

9 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 9 guests, 0 anonymous users