• You cannot reply to this topic

International purchasing, on a business level Google is being less than helpful

#1 User is offline   Macros 

• D'ivers Fuckwits
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 15 May 2023 - 02:41 PM

So...
So so so.

A recurring cost for us at the driving range is the consumables, notably range balls, baskets and mats.

We have a supplier who is a golf supplies retailer. But they import the balls from Taiwan. Naturally they are making a mark up, it is a business after all, but I'd like to cut the middle man out so to speak. Googling Taiwan or import golf balls takes me to a lot of export company agregator sites, or made in China.Com

Does anyone here have any experience with international importing, and how do you know a decent company from the garbage, any advice on a route to proceed. Ultimately we want to open a small golf supplies shop as well, but again it's the importing stuff wholesale I know nothing about

#2 User is offline   champ 

• Omnipotent Overseer of the Universe
  • Group: Team Quick Ben

Posted 15 May 2023 - 03:29 PM

Alibaba is probably the best site to start on but it is very trial and error.

I've found that if the manufacturer/supplier offers a condition called Rights of Recourse then you are generally on to a good company.

Basically it is a condition agreed upon where the manufacturer will accept any responsibility for faulty goods supplied to you. If they offer you this they are then not going to supply you with poor quality goods.

If you are looking for Products Liability insurance for the items you sell and the items come from Asia you will need this condition otherwise you will be treat as the manufacturer in insurance eyes and you will pay a higher premium.

Obviously you'll need to make sure the products are all certified to UK/EU standards too.

This post has been edited by champ: 15 May 2023 - 03:35 PM

Tehol said:

'Yet my heart breaks for a naked hen.'

#3 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus

Posted 24 May 2023 - 07:40 AM

View PostMacros, on 15 May 2023 - 02:41 PM, said:

So...
So so so.

A recurring cost for us at the driving range is the consumables, notably range balls, baskets and mats.

We have a supplier who is a golf supplies retailer. But they import the balls from Taiwan. Naturally they are making a mark up, it is a business after all, but I'd like to cut the middle man out so to speak. Googling Taiwan or import golf balls takes me to a lot of export company agregator sites, or made in China.Com

Does anyone here have any experience with international importing, and how do you know a decent company from the garbage, any advice on a route to proceed. Ultimately we want to open a small golf supplies shop as well, but again it's the importing stuff wholesale I know nothing about

Oh man, do I ever. I'll give you a 10 % discount on my normal rate Posted Image
Take good care to keep relations civil
It's decent in the first of gentlemen
To speak friendly, Even to the devil

#4 User is offline   Tsundoku 

• A what?
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 24 May 2023 - 08:22 AM

View PostMorgoth, on 24 May 2023 - 07:40 AM, said:

So...
So so so.

Oh man, do I ever. I'll give you a 10 % discount on my normal rate Posted Image

Take it Maccy! 10% off from a Viking lawyer that doesn't involve the 10% being your head is a steal!

This post has been edited by Tsundoku: 24 May 2023 - 08:22 AM

"Fortune favors the bold, though statistics favor the cautious." - Indomitable Courteous (Icy) Fist, The Palace Job - Patrick Weekes

"Well well well ... if it ain't The Invisible C**t." - Billy Butcher, The Boys

"I have strong views about not tempting providence and, as a wise man once said, the difference between luck and a wheelbarrow is, luck doesn’t work if you push it." - Colonel Orhan, Sixteen Ways to Defend a Walled City - KJ Parker

#5 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

• Faith, Heavy Metal & Bacon

Posted 24 May 2023 - 08:35 AM

See if there's anywhere that allows you to buy stuff by the handful? With your monstrous paws you're bound to get a bargain!

Glad I could help.
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#6 User is offline   amphibian 

• Ribbit
  • Interests:Hopping around

Posted 24 May 2023 - 09:25 AM

So...
So so so.

To go wholesale, you need to go to Taiwan or China and spend probably a couple months building the relationships to get you the consistency of product you're looking for from the manufacturers. You're also a single driving range, so you're not going to be able to force economies of scale discounts.

I'd really only tackle this if you're able to spend the time to figure out how to import things, get the supplier relationships set up, and you want to travel.
I survived the Permian and all I got was this t-shirt.

#7 User is offline   Macros 

• D'ivers Fuckwits

Posted 24 May 2023 - 01:24 PM

Well I want to travel so have that part licked, but outside of that I don't tick the boxes currently

#8 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 24 May 2023 - 01:58 PM

View Postamphibian, on 24 May 2023 - 09:25 AM, said:

So...
So so so.

To go wholesale, you need to go to Taiwan or China and spend probably a couple months building the relationships to get you the consistency of product you're looking for from the manufacturers. You're also a single driving range, so you're not going to be able to force economies of scale discounts.

I'd really only tackle this if you're able to spend the time to figure out how to import things, get the supplier relationships set up, and you want to travel.

Or find another driving range that already has a supplier deal and buy in.
THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users