#1 User is offline   Nicodimas 

• Soletaken
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=XbGs_qK2PQA

Posted 26 May 2022 - 11:03 PM

Boom ! This, never ending story and like Krull defined my childhood movies

Trailer
https://youtu.be/tbbveDpUZv4
-If it's ka it'll come like a wind, and your plans will stand before it no more than a barn before a cyclone

#2 User is offline   Briar King 

• High Fist
  • Drive by bye bye king

Posted 27 May 2022 - 01:02 AM

Looks wonderful off that. Hopefully it isn’t destroyed by head bashing like oh so much nowadays. I just want a solid new trip down memory lane with this.
Drive by bye bye king on my dumb horse

#3 User is offline   Briar King 

• High Fist
  • Drive by bye bye king

Posted 27 May 2022 - 01:15 AM

May have had a tear in my eye seeing Sorcha and the Brownie bit.

#4 User is offline   Tsundoku 

• A what?

Posted 27 May 2022 - 07:51 AM

Ohpleasedon'tfuckituppleasedon'tfuckituppleasedon'tfuckitup ... :hope: :unsure:

Sad we won't get any more Madmartigan. :(

This post has been edited by Tsundoku: 27 May 2022 - 10:32 AM

"Fortune favors the bold, though statistics favor the cautious." - Indomitable Courteous (Icy) Fist, The Palace Job - Patrick Weekes

"Well well well ... if it ain't The Invisible C**t." - Billy Butcher, The Boys

"I have strong views about not tempting providence and, as a wise man once said, the difference between luck and a wheelbarrow is, luck doesn’t work if you push it." - Colonel Orhan, Sixteen Ways to Defend a Walled City - KJ Parker

#5 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 27 May 2022 - 11:33 AM

View PostTsundoku, on 27 May 2022 - 07:51 AM, said:

Ohpleasedon'tfuckituppleasedon'tfuckituppleasedon'tfuckitup ... :hope: :unsure:

Sad we won't get any more Madmartigan. :(

I expect some sort of memoriam to him having died in some glorious battle defending Tir Asleen. They will do something I'm sure.

Seeing Joanne Whalley back made me so inexplicably happy!

This looks like it's getting the tone and vibe of the movie, and looks just a blast. I literally cannot wait.

Before LOTR, there was not a lot of movie-level classic Fantasy media out there, and WILLOW held that whole genre up for many years until LOTR.
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#6 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 27 May 2022 - 11:50 AM

Didn’t realize this was a whole series at first. It looks fun.
They came with white hands and left with red hands.

#7 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 27 May 2022 - 03:04 PM

Update about Kilmer/Madmartigan:

Lawrence Kasdan recently promised Comic Book that Val Kilmer’s Madmartigan plays “a huge part” in the Willow series, though he may not physically appear until season two.

He’s a huge part of this story and this series. Val has been in communication with Joann [Whalley] and I and Madmartigan is a character in the story and what we didn’t get to shoot with him on Season 1, we’ve made him a major figure in the story.

"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#8 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 27 May 2022 - 05:20 PM

Never seen Willow. The small person actor has been in a lot, yeah? Like wasn't he an Ewok in that I'm your dad Luke, Star Wars movie? And also that banker goblin in Harry Potter? (which was criticized for antisemitism or something I believe). I sorta remember a reality type show he was in (I vaguely recall Ricky Gervais had a part, as they friends I believe), where the premise was him trying to get acting jobs.

Anyway, I'm going to have to rectify that and watch Willow. Madmartigan is a kick ass name.

[Edit] Oh Snap, didn't realize Ron Howard directed Willow. Really gunna have to watch it now.

This post has been edited by Malankazooie: 27 May 2022 - 05:21 PM

#9 User is offline   Nicodimas 

• Soletaken

Posted 28 May 2022 - 12:57 AM

View PostMalankazooie, on 27 May 2022 - 05:20 PM, said:

Never seen Willow. The small person actor has been in a lot, yeah? Like wasn't he an Ewok in that I'm your dad Luke, Star Wars movie? And also that banker goblin in Harry Potter? (which was criticized for antisemitism or something I believe). I sorta remember a reality type show he was in (I vaguely recall Ricky Gervais had a part, as they friends I believe), where the premise was him trying to get acting jobs.

Anyway, I'm going to have to rectify that and watch Willow. Madmartigan is a kick ass name.

[Edit] Oh Snap, didn't realize Ron Howard directed Willow. Really gunna have to watch it now.

Warwick is a legend.

Enjoy !
-If it's ka it'll come like a wind, and your plans will stand before it no more than a barn before a cyclone

#10 User is offline   Nicodimas 

• Soletaken

Posted 30 May 2022 - 06:22 PM

https://etcanada.com...w-creators-say/

Madmardigam will return

#11 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 11 September 2022 - 04:00 AM

New trailer....the baddies look awesome imo. There appears to be a bigger "pull in the teen viewers" angle to it than the movie had, but as long as it's not super soapy I don't mind that. Probably a wise move, if you're hoping to attract more than nostalgists.

They came with white hands and left with red hands.

#12 User is offline   Tsundoku 

• A what?

Posted 11 September 2022 - 07:20 AM

Yes.

Must be time to re-watch the original. Probably been 10 years since the last one.
"Fortune favors the bold, though statistics favor the cautious." - Indomitable Courteous (Icy) Fist, The Palace Job - Patrick Weekes

"I have strong views about not tempting providence and, as a wise man once said, the difference between luck and a wheelbarrow is, luck doesn’t work if you push it." - Colonel Orhan, Sixteen Ways to Defend a Walled City - KJ Parker

#13 User is offline   Slow Ben 

• Ranger

Posted 11 September 2022 - 01:48 PM

View PostTsundoku, on 11 September 2022 - 07:20 AM, said:

Yes.

Must be time to re-watch the original. Probably been 10 years since the last one.

Same. I told the kids, I don’t give a crap what you want to watch, we’re watching Willow.
I've always been crazy but its kept me from going insane.

#14 User is offline   Briar King 

• High Fist
  • Drive by bye bye king

Posted 13 September 2022 - 07:10 PM

Dear me could we actually be in for a treat? I see no agenda fuel as of yet to bring attention to product so consider me…optimistic.

#15 User is offline   Mezla PigDog 

• Malazan Yo Yo Champion 2009
  • Group: Mezla's Thought Police

Posted 13 December 2022 - 10:30 PM

I have watched the first 3 episodes. I'm not sold. It's got enough to keep me watching but there are bits I'm really not sure about. Warwick's acting is kind of wooden apart from when he is sounding more like the way he is in Life's Too Short and then it is quite funny. The third episode just finished with a pop version of Enter Sandman which has left me feeling confused. I'm not convinced those of us who saw the original as children are the target audience. The target audience may be female young adults... Which means I may really love it by the end.
Burn rubber =/= warp speed

#16 User is offline   Tsundoku 

• A what?

Posted 14 December 2022 - 01:13 PM

Carrying over from the TV thread, Willow is at 84% Critics - 25% Audience. There's a lot more audience ratings now to smooth out the stats so that's ... not great.

The Mrs watched the first 3 eps and she said the visuals were ok (as far as she can tell with her admittedly dodgy vision) but the acting and writing were terrible.

#17 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 14 December 2022 - 03:21 PM

I still like it a good amount, but I'm coming at it from a BBC's MERLIN type POV. Thus expecting some hokeyness, some CW-ish writing, teenage angst type stuff ect. so YMMV.

#18 User is offline   Mezla PigDog 

• Malazan Yo Yo Champion 2009
  • Group: Mezla's Thought Police

Posted 15 January 2023 - 10:13 AM

I finished Willow. I am not sure what to say about it. It wasn't good good. It was rather enjoyable though. It definitely grows into itself so that by the final 2 or 3 episodes the direction they decided to go, in terms of style, works.

The trolls left me confused given the way trolls are in the movie but it made me laugh anyway.
Burn rubber =/= warp speed

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users