Malazan Empire: Audiobook unavailable in Sweden (Europe?) Help! - Malazan Empire

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Audiobook unavailable in Sweden (Europe?) Help!

#1 User is offline   Fiddlesticks 

• Recruit
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 05 October 2021 - 07:39 PM

I've just finished reading/listening to the Willful child on Kindle/Audible and I was surprised that I could not purchase book 2 or 3, since they were not available in my region. I'm stunned that the 1st book is available but not the rest, from the same publisher even. The production value of the audiobook is simple stunning, Mcleod Andrews does an amazing job!

Can anyone suggest a way to circumvent this, are there any other websites where the audiobooks can be bought?

I reached out to audible to ask them if this was in error, but all was OK. I also checked Swedish booksites (adlibris & Bokus), but get this they are only available as CD's, wow!

Thanks in advance.

#2 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 05 October 2021 - 07:57 PM

Check other earbook vendors, the rights aren't always available to all. Rakuten and audiobooks.com often have books audible doesn't for a period of time.

Otherwise, update your kindle and audible accounts to a different country - by example you can use a USA UPS or FedEx address to switch to a US account, make the purchase, then change your account back.
Depending on where you may need a creditcard for the same country which is a problem.

THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

#3 User is offline   Fiddlesticks 

• Recruit

Posted 06 October 2021 - 12:57 PM

Thanks, I checked out both Rakuten Kobo and Audiobooks.com with no luck. Rakuten has it, but doesn't sell in my region and audiobooks didn't have it at all.

Yes, I have also looked into changing region on the website, but they have specifically stated that they look at the place of issue for the credit card. check their formal reply below.

A pet peeve I have in this digital age is that content are restricted by region, or when content does not release at the same place same time. I'll contact Brilliance audio, the publisher and ask whatsup...

Thank you for contacting Audible and I hope this email finds you well.

I understand that you are concerned related to some titles that are not available in your region. I am really sorry for the inconvenience!

Please be informed, your geographic location is based on the billing address of the default credit card and country the issuing bank of the payment information is in. For instance, if you currently reside in England but your card was originally issued by a bank located in another country, your account will be identified using that country as your geographical location.

When publishers decide to publish a work, they acquire the rights to distribute that particular title in certain regions of the world. Audible must abide by these restrictions, and we’re aware that this could be an inconvenience to our customers.

However, if a title is restricted from your region, you can submit a content request to content-requests@audible.com and request availability for it in your region. We are constantly working to expand our catalog and will do our best to make your favorite titles available to you.

Alternatively, if you have a payment card related to US region then you can try to purchase these titles after setting it the default card by going to : https://audible.com/billing.

As we operate a number of websites, each of which target a different customer population defined by language preference or geographical location. Each marketplace features unique differences wherein choosing the one which supports your region holds many benefits since most marketplaces differ in terms of available content and pricing.

In this case, I would suggest to review our available marketplaces according to your region by visiting the following link : https://help.audible...d-which-is-b...

Once you find the appropriate region, an alternate option that might work for you would be to cancel your existing account and open another one in your preferred marketplace. You would have dual access to both your old and new libraries, by toggling between the two marketplaces when logging into your account from either a computer, smartphone or tablet.
Remember, you can also contact us via “Phone” support by going to http://www.audible.com/mt/contactus/ so that we can help you in the real time with suitable alternative after verifying some details from your end.

This post has been edited by Fiddlesticks: 06 October 2021 - 12:59 PM

#4 User is offline   Abyss 

Posted 06 October 2021 - 05:23 PM

That IS a problem.
Have you tried a local library? May take longer but they sometimes get earbooks ahead of specific vendors.

#5 User is offline   Fiddlesticks 

• Recruit

Posted 06 October 2021 - 05:29 PM

The search continues, received a response from the Brilliance audio, quick clear answer:

This is an issue not easily solved as Brilliance/Amazon/Audible do not have the rights to sell this title outside of the US and Canada.

Apologies for the inconvenience.

I asked them to name whoever has the rights to the audiobook in Sweden. Someone has f'd up, we'll see who...

This post has been edited by Fiddlesticks: 06 October 2021 - 05:30 PM

#6 User is offline   Abyss 

Posted 06 October 2021 - 05:33 PM

View PostFiddlesticks, on 06 October 2021 - 05:29 PM, said:

The search continues, received a response from the Brilliance audio, quick clear answer:

This is an issue not easily solved as Brilliance/Amazon/Audible do not have the rights to sell this title outside of the US and Canada.

Apologies for the inconvenience.

I asked them to name whoever has the rights to the audiobook in Sweden. Someone has f'd up, we'll see who...

Worth a try. Often the rights have not been assigned yet and the answer is 'no one'.

#7 User is offline   Fiddlesticks 

• Recruit

Posted 07 October 2021 - 11:09 AM

So who do I contact to make them get assigned =)

Just received a response from one of the biggest Swedish resellers, and their response is below. Anyone have them as digital files and could lend them to me, I'll send them back after I've listened to be book...

Unfortunately, we do not have these books as downloadable audio books in our range.

If you do not find the goods, it means that none of our suppliers have them and we can unfortunately not take these home either. We do not have our own warehouse with us, but order goods from different suppliers and publishers as we receive orders. All products our suppliers have in their range can be found on our website and the best thing is to search for the product's unique ISBN number to see if you can order it through us.

It seems that these books do not exist as downloadable audio books at all.

It is not about us owning the rights, but that the books are only made as a CD book and paperback.

Please contact the publisher, Brilliance Audio, for more information on this.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users