The Dark Tower comic book

#1 Guest_mongoose0024_*

• Group: Unregistered / Not Logged In

Posted 30 October 2005 - 04:45 AM

http://thedarktower.net/

The Dark Tower: The Comic Book Series
Posted By: InsaneWriters
Oct 28 2005, 01:15 PM
As we reported yesterday, the rumors of a Dark Tower 8 graphic novel were false. Marvel's real project, which was announced early this morning, is actually a Dark Tower comic book series with new stories of Roland which take place sometime in between Wizard and Glass and the first Gunslinger. The press release, along with some concept art, are below...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
STEPHEN KING BREAKS NEW GROUND AT MARVEL WITH ORIGINAL COMIC SERIES BASED ON HIS EPIC THE DARK TOWER

New Comic Series Exploring the Origin of the Notorious Gunslinger Character Marks First Time Stephen King Has Produced Original Content for the Comic Book Format.
Marvel Comics to Launch First Issue in April 2006.

NEW YORK – World Fantasy Award-winning writer Stephen King, long acknowledged as the master of modern horror, and Marvel Comics join forces this spring to launch a ground-breaking new comic book series adapted from King's magnum opus, The Dark Tower.

The comic series will mark the first time Stephen King has produced original content for an ongoing comic book project. The series will expand the saga of King’s epic hero, Roland Deschain, whose quest to save the Dark Tower is captured in seven best-selling novels published over the course of twenty-five years. King’s unparalleled storytelling power will inform new stories that delve into the life and times of the young Roland, revealing the trials and conflicts that lead to the burden of destiny he must assume as a man, the last Gunslinger from a world that has moved on. The comics will work in conjunction with the novels, further supplementing and defining the saga’s mythology under the direction of the acclaimed author himself.

"As a lifelong fan of Marvel comic books, and as an adult reader who’s seen comics "come of age" and take their rightful place in the world of fantasy and science fiction, I’m excited to be a part of Roland's new incarnation," said Stephen King.

The series will be illustrated by Eisner-award winning artist Jae Lee.

King continued, "I love Jae Lee's work, and I think this is going to be a dynamite partnership. Frankly, I can’t wait."

The first issue is scheduled to debut in April, 2006 with a hard cover collection of the first 6 issues released Holiday, 2006. Fans will start seeing promotional items – which feature more info in the series – beginning this December. Watch for more info as it becomes available at www.marvel.com/king
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If all goes well, the story of the Tet Corporation should also be published, as alluded by King in The Dark Tower VII.

*waits with baited breath for it to be published*

PC+1 ;)

#2 User is offline   ObsoleteResolve 

• Fist
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 31 October 2005 - 02:26 AM

It could be really good (See: Dark Towers 1, 2, and some of 3) or bad (see: Wizard and Glass) or "OHDEARJESUSWHATISWRONGWITHYOUWHYDOYOUSUCKSOMUCH?!?!?" (see: the final three).

If he sticks to the first parts, he's good. Maybe. But I've lost any capacity for hope with the horrible bleeding that I got from the last three books.

.david
-I think Stephen King Fans suffer battered-spouse syndrome. No matter how much crap he inflicts on us, we still give him another chance. BECAUSE HE LOVES US, HE REALLY DOES, HE SAID SO RIGHT THERE! SEE! HE LOVES US!
"Say what you will about the sweet miracle of unquestioning faith, I consider a capacity for it terrifying and absolutely vile!"- Kurt Vonnegut

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users