Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Soulfire/Hellfire in Dnd 5e

#1 User is offline   Slow Ben 

• Ranger
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 10 April 2021 - 07:15 PM

I'm running a 5e game based in the Dresdenverse and I have a Paladin/Warlock that i'm wanting to give access to Soulfire sometime in the future.

Need some help from the hive mind.

Im running a 5e game based in the Dresdenverse and i've got a Paladin/Warlock that i'm wanting to give access to Soulfire in the future.

I'm trying to figure out the best way for it to work mechanically. I'm going to ramble the different thoughts i've had and i'd appreciate input or other suggestions on the best way to make it work.

-Adding either a 1d8 to smites or 1d10 to Eldritch Blast and subracting the same die from his HP.

-Getting to add extra die so many times adds a level of exhaustion, or decreases max HP until a long rest, lowers constitution.

-I also thought about creating a type of Wild Magic table so the results are random negative effects.

Any input would be appreciated. Thanks all

I've always been crazy but its kept me from going insane.

#2 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 11 April 2021 - 02:41 AM

Flumphs.

The answer is flumphs.
THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

#3 User is offline   champ 

• Omnipotent Overseer of the Universe
  • Group: Team Quick Ben

Posted 11 April 2021 - 09:50 AM

My only DnD experience is Critical Role so I don't really know if what I am saying is correct ha but my thoughts...

I would combine your first two bullet points, adding dice to increase the strength of any spell, maybe 2d10 but it adds an element of exhaustion and it lowers your overall total HP until you rest. Maybe if you use it more than 3 times before a long rest you get 1 exhaustion point.

Also, considering it is soulfire I would have it increasing in damage against fiends, demons or the undead compared to other creatures/people so maybe add another 1d10 for them.

Another thing to consider is that it is a finite resource that recharges over time so that's something to think about too.

This post has been edited by champ: 11 April 2021 - 09:52 AM

Tehol said:

'Yet my heart breaks for a naked hen.'

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users